Sign in to follow this  
Raoul9753

Suggestion: Microphone cant be turned off

It would make groups less unrealistic.

Right now, groups are in TS and when they talk to each other, noone in the world can hear them. They could have you and talk to each other to shoot you or not and you just sit there not knowing.

So Just make the micro always on so even if they talk about TS, you can hear them.

• Like 1

Or you can just use skype or TS via a phone or other computer and leave you PC mic off or unplugged.

People are crafty mother fuckers. They always work around stuff till it doesn't affect them.

Also this isn't the first time this(or a similar method) has been suggested. Please search more.

• Like 1

I've seen all the threads that have suggested this and created my own. I agree with it completely but only for hardcore servers THAT WANT IT , the worst thing to do to people is to force something on them ...

But plenty of people like myself and the OP I'm sure , would gladly join servers with this option , and noone who would wanna cheat this system would even join these servers most likely (unless they're party poopers)..

This is definitely for realisms sake and should be seen more seriously , cuz I know everyone is used to constant "military like connection " to their survivor friends but we gotta realize this is a unique survival game , and the experience should mirror that .. I hate getting hunted down by completely silent squads, albeit it doesn't always mean they win but still we should be thinking of integrating these neat ideas because they will only bring strangers closer together and squads of friends better at surviving like survivors as opposed to walkie talkie wielding military men with constant connection .

I support this :thumbsup:

Yes, people could use a 3rd party comms program on an entirely different PC, but how many DayZ players even own 2 PCs, let alone in the same room? Especially larger groups. Every person in that group would need a second PC to work around it.

AFAIK you can't use Skype or TS effectivley on a smartphone or tablet. I would consider them being at a disadvantage for even trying.

So Just make the micro always on so even if they talk about TS, you can hear them.

Yeah, so that you can hear my mom calling me for dinner, baby sister crying in the next room and cars driving just outside my window. That's really great idea.

*VERY LOUD STATIC HUM AND CREEPY BREATHING FROM A SHITTY MICROPHONE*

• Like 1

I support this :thumbsup:

Yes, people could use a 3rd party comms program on an entirely different PC, but how many DayZ players even own 2 PCs, let alone in the same room? Especially larger groups. Every person in that group would need a second PC to work around it.

AFAIK you can't use Skype or TS effectivley on a smartphone or tablet. I would consider them being at a disadvantage for even trying.

http://http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads Scroll down past the linux files.

That + Phone headset = TS out side of your computer.

....knowing this game, all we'd here would be "NO MOM 5 MORE MINUTES IM TRYING TO BE A BANDIT AT THE AIRFIELD! YOU JUST DONT UNDERSTAND MEEEEEE!"

And like that, the game would die.

Edited by AnyoneInCherno?
  • Like 1

People would just unplug their mics or utilize a sofware-based workaround. This probably wouldn't work.

BattleEye could, theoretically, ban all 3rd party chat programs.

Suggestion: Search.bar

Anyway, no. This is illegal, technical words, yada yada. It is a neat idea though

I love this idea. I hate that you have to keep pushing an extra button while preparing to defend yourself. Keeping quiet while hiding enhances immersion.

On the other hand people would just turn it off/unplug it. It's really easy to work around it. I can just run teamspeak on a virtual pc, and dedicate the mic. to it.

It should be optional, and could be used on RP servers. Like that damn autorun most people want.

Edited by pistaaaa

Yeah, so that you can hear my mom calling me for dinner, baby sister crying in the next room and cars driving just outside my window. That's really great idea.

Oh god... you know you could just mute your microphone and therefore be silent ingame but ALSO silent in ts or skype?

In principle it's a great idea

In practice it would be pretty awful

Nah...Highly immersion breaking....Invasion of privacy.... Why not just make it so SHIFT+TAB is disabled and you can't run the game while running other programs...Not sure if possible, and you could bypass it on a second comp or phone. But better than nothing.