Sign in to follow this  
TheLoneSurvivior

Best. Game. Ever.

When DayZ is fully finished, when it's released as a full game, it will be one of the best games i ever play.

What do you think? When the game is finished do you think it's a bit old and boring or repetetive?

Give me your opinions.

• Like 1

It depends, still way to early to say anything solid about it yet. Other than whats been done with it now.

When DayZ is fully finished, when it's released as a full game, it will be one of the best games i ever play.

What do you think? When the game is finished do you think it's a bit old and boring or repetetive?

Give me your opinions.

it certainly will not be the only game i play, but it will be one of my most favorite games,

since i am playing the mod from almost the very beginning when it was still pretty unpopular

before buying arma and installing the mod, i saw some guy in a youtube video running around in a few woods and grassland spotting tents and looting them

and thought to myself that this is the game i was always looking for, being diappointed with arcady zombie shooters

that saying i just ordered a Playstation Vita to play Spelunky and Later on TBOI Rebirth on it,

since i also love rouge-like (i think thats what they are called) games

Yeah, it's like asking if the cake i buy for my kids next birthday is going to be the 'best ever'. Heck, other than a cake, I don't really know any details about it. Same with this game. Almost EVERYTHING about this game is supposed to change before release. If they actually complete that roadmap, you won't even recognize the game compared to todays version.

it certainly will not be the only game i play, but it will be one of my most favorite games,

since i am playing the mod from almost the very beginning when it was still pretty unpopular

before buying arma and installing the mod, i saw some guy in a youtube video running around in a few woods and grassland spotting tents and looting them

and thought to myself that this is the game i was always looking for, being diappointed with arcady zombie shooters

that saying i just ordered a Playstation Vita to play Spelunky and Later on TBOI Rebirth on it,

since i also love rouge-like (i think thats what they are called) games

Offtopic: Idk about Vita. I still like the PSP more to an extent

Impossible to know until it is finished, and how long that takes, obviously.  As many others have said in forums and videos, no other game gets the adrenalin pumping as consistently as DayZ. The real risk though is losing players to games like H1Z1 which will probably be out before DayZ is "released". Provided they can replicate that adrenal rush. However that rush comes from how you choose to play the game. The more value you assign to your avatar with role playing, the more intense the emotional/chemical response to the game. Pleasurable or painful. :)

• Like 1

The more value you assign to your avatar with role playing, the more intense the emotional/chemical response to the game. Pleasurable or painful. :)

Sex with your character? WAT?! xD

Edited by Deathlove

It's already the best multiplayer game I've played in years.

even the Alpha gets my adrenaline pumping like no other game before.....

the only other games i have experienced making this are DEMONS SOULS AND DARK SOULS! but ist not as intense as in dayz. and being able to use a microfon adds a whole new Level to griefing others (if you compare dark souls griefing mechanics to dayz's). dont get me wrong i am not a kos'er. but i love to grief ...  handcuffs, rotten fruits,  walkie talkie griefing... so much possibilities!

the best Thing.  ist still alpha and will only get better over time (hopefully) !

Edited by brumey

When i read the title my first thought was...

peter%20griffin%20-%20go%20on...%20.jpg

After reading the OP i find this thread lacking. It will be lacking because it is an unwanted opinion and people will fill the void that this thread created. It will eventually descend into an argument, most likely about how 'bad' the alpha is or how the devs will never get it done or some similar demerit on how people think this game should be after 6 months of development after Alpha release.

I will say this though. There is no such thing as perfection. You can get close but it will never happen. This game may get close but there will NEVER be a completely perfect game, there will always be a 'but' or an 'if' wether made up or real that will prevent this game or any other game for that matter from ever, ever reaching the status of 'Perfect'.

This game will be good. But never 'Perfect'.

Edited by Dchil
  • Like 2

yeah, its going to be good

Hmmmmmmmmm

Edited by P3Nn

Give me your opinions.

It will never make it. Other releases will come and overtake the development/overshadow DayZ:SA.

There are many examples which have come to light and it is only a matter of time.

The Arma 3 Engine is flawed outdated and other game engines will make better games of this genre.

Edited by P3Nn
  • Like 1

One word: replayability. This will be one of my favorites because it won't have that one level you can't bypass. I love open-ended games like that.

It will never make it. Other releases will come and overtake the development/overshadow DayZ:SA.

There are many examples which have come to show and it is only a matter of time.

The Arma 3 Engine is flawed outdated and other game engines will make better games.

Just going to say here that i called it and...

1143.gif

• Like 1

Depends.

If they can actuallu fulfill all the promises and granted this engine can take it - might be great ~4 years from now.

The engine looks very, very bad right now.

Edited by Alsmir

when playing games i give a fck bout the technical novelty of a game engine!

ist the atmosphere, the gameplay, playstyle, the art style of textures!  

when i speak of art style i mean the way textures look, the way it effects your mood!   love the sky in dayz for instance.

dark souls also has shitty graphics.  but the way they present the game just feels so appropiate! that u Forget the shitty graphics!

one Thing i gotta say here.   dayzs art style is DELUXE! so much love put into the detailed textures!

love chris torchias work!

I think I'll always come back to DayZ now and again, there's just something about it.

But I think other games like H1Z1 are going to take over, bigger development teams with bigger budgets are going to grab the general idea and do it both better and faster.

Hopefully someone will hire the DayZ team when it's done then they can make a better game on a better engine, I'm sure they still have plenty of ideas but can't put them on this engine.

• Like 1

the mod blew my mind.

It came outta nowhere son and offered a completely new and original experience that no one had seen before, I think the mod was an accidental stroke of genius, Rocket still don't get why it exploded onto the scene the way it did.

Standalone will look better but for me the magical experience of playing the mod for the first time will never be surpassed son.

• Like 2

for me, at this speed, when it will be finished, it will be buried under tons of brand new /better games

This is my 4'th most played game on steam, with 240 hours so far into it.

To me I've gotten the value of 20 euros, so yes, this is one of the best early access game I've played.

Looking forward to new content.

Edited by Survivor_Ted
  • Like 1

Give me your opinions.

Impossible to say at the moment.

Furthermore, the expectations of what a perfect DayZ would look like vary greatly.

• from realism survival simulator
  • to roleplay Z-Apocaypse sandbox
  • to (imo primitive) shooter game with perma-death penatly thrill

If the games manages to stay away from the primitive pvp aspect and focus on the actual survival, and if they manage to make player-player conflict an aspect, but not the main/exclusive content of the game, it has the potential to get into the top 10. However, at an advanced age, I have played games of a quality that DayZ will never touch. But top 10? When done right? Of course.

• Like 1

I think it will be much like the mod.

A lot of fun to play as a group but may grow stagnant if playing alone after you rack up a decent amount of hours played - for me at least.

its already the best game in my view, would be even better if everyone played it valuing their characters life tho,

Give me your opinions.

Hey

I believe that DayZ SA would be a great game in about a few months. At end of the year, maybe january, february at 2015 in the latest.

BUT...but...now, it`s still alpha, it have no long-time features in it and for me, it`s not one of the top3 games to play atm.

I really hope DayZ Sa goes more in the survival, difficult area and is not that easy like in the mod sometimes.

The last issues which where found and almost fixed in the last weeks, makes this project not easier, but i really like Dean`s outstanding engagement and information management @reddit.

He is my hope for a game that would be one of the most played and liked games in my life, DayZ SA.

But he and his team have a long way to go and he will leave it at the end of the year...

..so i`m full of expectations like we all are more or less. :)