Sign in to follow this  
blackberrygoo

Setting things on fire

Did I hear mention of being able to set things on fire a patch before this hunting one ? I now it didnt make it in but I hope they are still working on something like this , I would like to see by games release the ability to set whole forests aflame :0 ?!

They never said for this patch. The next thing would only be camp fire. No way we can set zombies on fire. It would crash the whole game im sure at this point.

They never said for this patch. The next thing would only be camp fire. No way we can set zombies on fire. It would crash the whole game im sure at this point.

Oh I didn't say that it would be coming out , just when fireplaces were announced to come out in this patch about a week ago I could have sworn something was said about eventually being able to set things aflame , and I meant foliage not zombies but that'd be neat haha .. Ill just have to dig up the link maybe I mistook it for something else .

Did I hear mention of being able to set things on fire a patch before this hunting one ? I now it didnt make it in but I hope they are still working on something like this , I would like to see by games release the ability to set whole forests aflame :0 ?!

Would be nice. That would make Molotov Cocktails And Flamethrowers as well as crafted flamethrowers a reality.

Would be nice. That would make Molotov Cocktails And Flamethrowers as well as crafted flamethrowers a reality.

...would be awesome to have an deo can and a lighter for a make-shift facemelter :D

>_> I fucking want that so bad now, goddamn.

How about we focus on the survival and therefore the creative aspect first... before we go into the "how to make it pvp-ish" aspect and then find all the possibilities for sick (ab)use? Setting hostages on fire, burning whole forests... melting faces... you got to be kidding me. This is not a sociopath/psychopath/pyromaniac/sadism simulator game. It is about surviving and doing what it takes to manage. 

How about we focus on the survival and therefore the creative aspect first... before we go into the "how to make it pvp-ish" aspect and then find all the possibilities for sick (ab)use? Setting hostages on fire, burning whole forests... melting faces... you got to be kidding me. This is not a sociopath/psychopath/pyromaniac/sadism simulator game. It is about surviving and doing what it takes to manage. 

Someone's asking for a Svetlo necklace...

While setting things on fire isn't a "survivalistic" thing per se the game is in alpha and that stage is for feature developement, and If I'm not mistaken that is a feature ... Haha but anyways you never wanted to throw a Molotov into a house of camping bandit squads ? Like how else are we supposed to infiltrate a house with m4s sticking out all the windows except for sacrificing our lives over and over again , that doesn't seem like survival to me , hence burning down the interior of the house forcing them out .

And remember this is supposed to be the apocalypse , I'm all for tree hugging too but when people are threatening you and all you have is a bottle of booze /gas a lighter and a rag you're going to use it to defend yourself , especially if you've already been spotted and have no guns ...

Sneaking around as a fresh spawn trying to loot only works for so long , and besides seeing a system like spreading fire would be revolutionary and truly show that dayz can break through any barriers presented by multiplayer games ..

Molotov would be nice for clearing houses, items would be easy to find in an apocalypse. I avoid the campers in Berenzino, but do enjoy watching people get mowed down repeatedly trying to storm the building. Would level the field a tick on that aspect.

Burning down a forest would be pretty crazy, players and animals running like crazy...

There were some Arma 2 mods where you could set people on fire, and even some stuff with forest fires and firefighting (but I heard it was expensive on performance). The graphics weren't amazing but there's no hard reason why they couldn't add more fire stuff in SA if it was worth the time developing.

People on fire -

Forest fires/firefighting - 

Edited by fuke