Sign in to follow this  
Qu4tr0

Fixing the wall hacking in military buildings

Ok so I've put quite an amounts of hours in this game and I've noticed that a glitch that only a few people knew has started getting more and more popular, up to the point where nobody even plays normally. In military bases, airports and such, there are certain buildings that have been getting out of hand, like Prison and the Control Tower. People have been jumping in and out of rooms, with god knows what tricks and have been figuring out even more spots, easier ways to get in and such, and it's been getting to that point that every time I'm in a said military building, nobody's is in there at all except in walls. Recently people have started shooting through walls from the 1st floor of prison to the 2nd floor, no idea how. I've been thinking and came up with a solution that I "drew" and I would like to present it here with a more detailed explanations.

I've marked the problematic rooms that people keep abusing on this picture.

Picture Number 1

Now all I think it would require to solve this abusing and kinda fun-breaking glitch is to fill the space up with solid ground.

Picture Number 2

In picture number 2 you can see I marked the spots I would solidify, and purposely moved it from every edge by a tiny amount so it solved another problem, which would be putting your head in the wall and seeing everything that's going on. If it was all solid you could of course just repeat the glitch for looking trough walls, so putting the solid part slightly back it makes it so a glitcher faces another wall that he cannot put his head through because its too far away, so it stops his vision.

All through I do not see how this could have performance issues because it would be only a solid filling inside buildings that are "hotspots" for these glitches and people like to server hop by using them, but if you have a reason to believe it would, then maybe just making another wall, or even two, behind the walls that are already there? Pretty sure 3 walls in a row would be a lot harder to breach than just 1. If nothing else all of this could be a quick fix for now, while a better solution is found at a later date.

Thank you for reading, suggestions for improvement and your opinions are always welcome.

Rocket posted on the reddit a week or so ago that a dev is working on it. they are aware. Until then tread lightly to those areas.

• Like 1

It's a big problem that needs fixing. There's also more and more players on roofs of buildings now. :huh:

have you not been following what the devs say?

It was stated a few days ago the new nav mesh system will fix ALL of the wall glicthing.

Plus that system there simply wouldn't work. Unlike real life, solid objects in games do not contain matter. The problem isn't how the room was build, it's how pathfinding currently works. As I stated above, the team from bratislava is implementing a brand new nav mesh code to replace our current pathfinding system.

Edited by Shadow134

It is a major issue and should be addressed as soon as possible. However, the fact that it is a widespread bug in many video games shows that its nontrivial to fix.

Ok so I've put quite an amounts of hours in this game and I've noticed that a glitch that only a few people knew has started getting more and more popular, up to the point where nobody even plays normally. In military bases, airports and such, there are certain buildings that have been getting out of hand, like Prison and the Control Tower. People have been jumping in and out of rooms, with god knows what tricks and have been figuring out even more spots, easier ways to get in and such, and it's been getting to that point that every time I'm in a said military building, nobody's is in there at all except in walls. Recently people have started shooting through walls from the 1st floor of prison to the 2nd floor, no idea how. I've been thinking and came up with a solution that I "drew" and I would like to present it here with a more detailed explanations.

I've marked the problematic rooms that people keep abusing on this picture.

Picture Number 1

Now all I think it would require to solve this abusing and kinda fun-breaking glitch is to fill the space up with solid ground.

Picture Number 2

In picture number 2 you can see I marked the spots I would solidify, and purposely moved it from every edge by a tiny amount so it solved another problem, which would be putting your head in the wall and seeing everything that's going on. If it was all solid you could of course just repeat the glitch for looking trough walls, so putting the solid part slightly back it makes it so a glitcher faces another wall that he cannot put his head through because its too far away, so it stops his vision.

All through I do not see how this could have performance issues because it would be only a solid filling inside buildings that are "hotspots" for these glitches and people like to server hop by using them, but if you have a reason to believe it would, then maybe just making another wall, or even two, behind the walls that are already there? Pretty sure 3 walls in a row would be a lot harder to breach than just 1. If nothing else all of this could be a quick fix for now, while a better solution is found at a later date.

Thank you for reading, suggestions for improvement and your opinions are always welcome.

When I use to map for Counter-Strike 1.6, I use to make walls 3 walls thick.  That way a standard wall hack wouldn't work because it wouldn't allow the player to see through more than 1 wall at a time.  it also stopped bullets from going through which was a good and a bad thing.  All I had to do to keep the fps good was make sure that only 1 of the walls was visible. Clipping got difficult, but after a while I was just copying and pasting and then retexturing.  I have no idea if that is the same with this engine, but putting an extra wall or 2 making the walls slightly thicker so pressing a button and standing next to a wall stops you from seeing the entire building would be great,  I have been head shot one too many times in the airfield from someone inside of a wall. 

It is a major issue and should be addressed as soon as possible. However, the fact that it is a widespread bug in many video games shows that its nontrivial to fix.

Remember, alpha