Raoul9753

Many people seem to not actually know what "Alpha" means...

I mean, I see topics every day that would even be a rolleye in a Beta, but for an Alpha they just make me lose faith in humanity...

Alphas are glitchs, Alphas are bugs.

Just to make it clear, when this is the game:

AnsichtHausSchering.jpg

This is the Alpha:

2012_06_26_Rohbau_%2831%29_s.jpg

There is no roof, there is no wall pint or carpet, so complaining that you dont like the wall color or that the floor feels unconfortable is just plain stupid.

You wouldnt go into the house and complain that its not save from the weathert yet, because obviously IT HAS NO ROOF YET!

You wouldnt complain that it lacks privacy, because obviously there are no Doors yet!

So why do you go into an Alpha and then complain that it doesnt gives you everything you expect from a FINISHED GAME?

• Like 16

Those are two different houses.

Example == void.

• Like 10

Yes! And they let us inside the half finish house! Amazing.

Those are two different houses.

Example == void.

oh lord I hope you're not being this picky in total seriousness, right?

Also need something to compare a mod to a standalone.

Mod = tuning up a car, standalone game = getting the DIY build a car kit and putting every screw, nut and bolt in yourself.

That's why the standalone takes so long to release stuff.

yes finally something to explain to those people,

Heh, nothing seems to help those who can't or refuse to grasp the simple fact of Alpha.

The OP was a good attempt though.  ;)

Where is our foundation?

We have some skaky walls, leaking ceiling and no solid foundation. That's the problem right now.

• Like 4

Yes! And they let us inside the half finish house! Amazing.

So now you can say that you would prefere a door to be on another place.

• Like 1

Ive been saying this for awhile so i guess ill say it again...Alpha isnt a damn excuse thou...The foundation of this game is so shoddy, thats its honestly becoming a long running joke.  I love this game for what it is and hate it for everything it wont become.  How many months now, how long has it been since the last patch?   Its a joke, and the source code was more than likely stolen so GG with the new Scripting clients that will be popping up shortly im sure.  From someone who is in the construction trade, your sorry attempt at comparing a foundation of a house vs a finished house is sad.  

The foundation of this game is horrible, when you get down to it...Yet all this talk about "We are going to add this and that"  No how about you dont send us new content down the pipeline and you fix your damn foundation.  I mean for fucks sake there are still Zombie rabbits and the zombies behave as if they have no rules.  This is a zombie game, fuck the guns, fuck the crafting, fix the damn zombies first.  If you still are charging into war to defend these guys im sorry but you have chosen the wrong side.

Once more and more admins get fed up with the rampant SCRIPTING going on, and truly realize that this game is on its way out, the sooner they will cancel there servers.  The clan i roll with is giving up our 9th ranked server!!  Why, because this game is ass, all the want is money, yet they dont seem to be doing much of anything other then forum promises and covering up the hacking story.  Its a damn shame.  Many of us do truly understand want ALPHA means, but in a years time pretty much and what has improved?? 2Mil copies, they could have scrapped this and started another game, yet you can tell me that they are trying.  No most of them have their feet in the damn sand somewhere enjoying the finer things in life.  

Just count your losses and go play a real game, fuck, if you want go play Breaking Point for ArmAIII.   

You are cheering and forum fighting for people who cant even figure out how to get there zombie rabbits out of the game -_-  they went and hired all these people now to work on the zombies...Should be awesome to see what the new people bring to this sham of a coding team.   More then likely they will have a few people who could code circles around them and realize that this game is never going to be finished, fuck it will never get out of Alpha

So in spirit of your Foundation vs House model i leave you with this.

For Sale:  Nice lot, amazing space, do you need a fixer upper, by all means this is the house for you, we have only the foundation walls in, nothing ran for underground utilities, no gas piping, and the Project Manager walked away with the money.  We will gladly sell you this, but understand its an unfinished product so dont be upset when you find out the little we did is in fact wrong and not to code!

Happy Hunting and GG  Alpha is not a fucking excuse!!

• Like 3

They shouldnt have released the Alpha for open game... Seriously, I wouldnt wo9nder if all this "Game not finished, gg, game sucks, alpha is no excuse" bullshit ends up with making them just quit it.

Honestly, I wouldnt stand up with all this shit, I would have long locked out everyone!

I am really impressed that they are capable of taking so much abuse from the very people they make this game for. These people must have the patience of saints...

And seriously, the only thing that bothers me about Zombies is that they walk through walls.

I actually like that they aggro total random and sometimes come out of nowhere.

It makes them feel more (un)alive.

Edited by Raoul9753
  • Like 1

They shouldnt have released the Alpha for open game... Seriously, I wouldnt wo9nder if all this "Game not finished, gg, game sucks, alpha is no excuse" bullshit ends up with making them just quit it.

Honestly, I wouldnt stand up with all this shit, I would have long locked out everyone!

I am really impressed that they are capable of taking so much abuse from the very people they make this game for. These people must have the patience of saints...

Personally, I hope they are laughing their asses off at the ridiculous posts bitching and moaning about the state of the game.  I know I do

• Like 4

Happy Hunting and GG  Alpha is not a fucking excuse!!

You're absolutely right, It's a fact!

To draw out the building analogy even further;

People seem to have the biggest issue with the speed the sweaty italian carpenter is constructing the building.

He seems to work competently, but they stare with slight worry at the thickset, mustachioed man as he insists on building the house himself, day in and day out, with only the help of an errant mexican boy that wandered into the site one day.

"We paid the man for the whole thing up front" they think. "He should have plenty of money for a full crew of eager immigrants".

Upon further introspection they realize that they payed the man to build the house, but the contract does not stipulate at what speed or completion date. Then they further realize that the man will most likely make more money if he keeps the crew as small as possible. No point spending money already in the bank after all.

From this the people paying for the house learned a good life lesson and they all shared a hearty laugh and lived happily ever after.

I could draw this horribly skewed and basically incorrect analogy out further, but it would be painful exercise for all involved.

Seeing how none can seem to say it, What has changed in the last 7 months of this game, other than spawn points??

Dont worry ill wait

And seriously, the only thing that bothers me about Zombies is that they walk through walls.

I actually like that they aggro total random and sometimes come out of nowhere.

It makes them feel more (un)alive.

If I had already made $40,000,000+ on a job that was 25% complete and didn't even promise it ever would be, my skin would be fairly thick too.

I think this whole debate is quite relative. People have different values and expectations with how they spend their money. If you've never worked in retail, you won't understand.

The following example is a true story from when I was sixteen and working part-time at a hardware store while going to school: Our store was advertising fire-retardant 5/8" drywall at a discount as a promotion to get contractors to walk through the doors. Some weekend warrior walks in on a Saturday and buys twenty (or so) sheets to do his garage. A few weeks later, his garage burned down (true story). So what does he do? He sues the store for selling him faulty drywall.

While this example doesn't quite fit the archetype of people not understanding what software in its alpha stage really is, it does show you how [monumentally] stupid people can be. For you guys to waste so much time bickering back and forth on the subject shows me that you're either very young/naive, or just as stupid as the guy who bought drywall from a hardware store that Saturday.

Some arguments just aren't winnable.

EDIT: Lysdexia.

Edited by Grimey Rick
  • Like 2

Seeing how none can seem to say it, What has changed in the last 7 months of this game, other than spawn points??

Dont worry ill wait

Go read the patch notes.
  • Like 3

"We paid the man for the whole thing up front" they think. "He should have plenty of money for a full crew of eager immigrants".

Understanding, but did the head dev not walk out with his money??  Its not about on time or not on time, i do not care about their timetable, they will loose this amazing concept that they have created to other capable studios simple as that.  To say its rude or mean or crude and so on for calling them out on their shit,  is so backwards it isnt even funny.  Ive said I love this game, and i WANT THEM to win out, and get the console version and be the number one game.  They are not helping themselves!!

We have people defending them and claiming they have saint like features because they dont lock everyone out.  Funny if they did they would have an Class action lawsuit on them so fast.

You say they should lock it up because they are being met with criticism, i wonder how old are you, because it is a fucking shame that you would lock it up because of words from others, how old are you??  Do you even have a set in between your legs.  

Allow people to call them out and take their tit out of your mouth.  If you do not in fact see the method is flawed then i feel sorry for you and any others.  I do not care about an imperfect Alpha, beta, full release, what i do care about it the ability to fix it and address it.  Not bury it with MORE CONTENT to shut people up.  

I am all in favor of them not updating the game, to fix everything so that this game can be the best damn Zombie survival out there!!

**Nothing but love for all of you** :)

Edited by Goove

Wow I could have sworn that they put a statement at the opening sceen about this and before you even buy it. Doh stupid zombies. :lol:  These forums should be about posting bugs and ideas that make this like the best game ever. It is just something about this one that is so addictive that surly over 2 million and counting people can't be wrong. :P

People are expecting a yummy, polished Cookie Monster snack!

ujfjp-pinterest20.jpg

But instead because it's alpha they're finding a derpy muttled state with some obvious issues that need to be worked out.

Either way, it's still yummy and can make you fat, which makes it worth it...

• Like 2

I really dislike these types of posts. No wonder Rocket would rather go to Reddit than the official forums.

• Like 1

I really dislike these types of posts. No wonder Rocket would rather go to Reddit than the official forums.

And that's a community management problem in itself. Why would you post everything on Reddit rather than on your official forums, especially when, as far as I can tell - you've got maybe 50% more community visiting the forums than you do Reddit? Yes, no wonder, it should make you wonder.

• Like 1

I mean, I see topics every day that would even be a rolleye in a Beta, but for an Alpha they just make me lose faith in humanity...

Alphas are glitchs, Alphas are bugs.

Just to make it clear, when this is the game:

AnsichtHausSchering.jpg

This is the Alpha:

2012_06_26_Rohbau_%2831%29_s.jpg

There is no roof, there is no wall pint or carpet, so complaining that you dont like the wall color or that the floor feels unconfortable is just plain stupid.

You wouldnt go into the house and complain that its not save from the weathert yet, because obviously IT HAS NO ROOF YET!

You wouldnt complain that it lacks privacy, because obviously there are no Doors yet!

So why do you go into an Alpha and then complain that it doesnt gives you everything you expect from a FINISHED GAME?

But this Alpha has had over 5 months, (a freaking year before that of time they should have been hiring people and assigning tasks instead of spending time on vacation and 100,000 dollar mountain excursions when people are counting on you to develop a solid product) [if you really care about your product/creation] The first rule of starting your own successful endeavor/business is that you will have to put in a large amount of time and blood. We should have known this whole game was doomed when the first thing we hear from Dean is that they are on long vacations. Now we already hear he is leaving before the game will be finished. This is not the passion or work ethic that a true artist or inventor of something has if they really believe in their creation.

The point is.... there is a lot more problems to DayZ Stand Alone that just the normal Alpha situation. If you peel back the layers of what's really wrong with this house of cards....... I'm afraid that this awesome concept is doomed. Please prove me wrong Dean and BI.

• Like 1

And that's a community management problem in itself. Why would you post everything on Reddit rather than on your official forums, especially when, as far as I can tell - you've got maybe 50% more community visiting the forums than you do Reddit? Yes, no wonder, it should make you wonder.

You're actually right. It makes no sense.

• Like 1

I know exactly what I was getting when I purchesed an Alpha version of Walking Simulator 2014, problem is after 5 months the Devs managed to do nothing except add new towns and guns instead of adding something more important like base building and vehicles; the game is worse now.

• Like 2

I don't think its people not knowing mhat alpha means-

Comparison in design between Mod and alpha are 100% legititmate comparison when discussion design direction on a feature.

basicly, the only time when "alpha" is a free pass is when were talking about stuff not being implemented yet. remember guys, THIS IS the time to demand and raise cane abut changes you want implemented! the further into development a title gets the harder it is to gut and re-do a major element of the game.

• Like 1