r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.1

Hi Arfour, 

• Zombies still glitch through doors and sometimes walls. I've seen Zeds politely closing doors before walking straight through them. Zero fucks given.

You will never see this fixed in dayzmod, as the devs have stated before its basically impossible I'm afraid, even DayZ SA haven't managed to solve that one yet. 

Bug tracker is here: https://github.com/DayZMod/DayZ/issues

The weapons missing from corpses has been reported before, don't think its been confirmed the weapons definitely aren't there somewhere yet though. In theory they should be on the ground next to the body. I'm definitely seeing people complain about it a lot in sidechat though. 

The phantom loot piles are caused by the 112555 arma beta patch, you should update your client to 124802 (http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/198513-arma2-oa-beta-patch-system-update-admins-clients-please-read/). Although I think the problem could still hang around until we can upgrade our servers too. 

Edited by seaweed
  • Like 1

The weapons missing from corpses has been reported before, don't think its been confirmed the weapons definitely aren't there somewhere yet though. In theory they should be on the ground next to the body. I'm definitely seeing people complain about it a lot in sidechat though. 

It is acknowledged and I have a fix attempt pushed to the Dev-Branch, but we haven't been able to reproduce it. The circumstances never seem to be the same, something must be causing the issue that we can't reproduce.

Cheers seaweed.

So just a little update.

We are in the middle of testing a new dodge/block mode the player can now set to block frontal attacks.

The system can only be used to block 1 in 5 frontal attacks in a 160 degree angle around the player. Pretty easy system crouch down + press&release lean key.

If the player is quick you can block the first frontal attack.

• Like 3

Just to clarify: I am running on 124802.

Thanks for the link Seaweed, I'll put further reports there then. It looks quite empty though, would have expected a few more reports.

Well ... no. Sorry. :D

I just saw that there were just five reports or so and thought that this was a bit less then expected - compared to the number of issues discussed at our servers boards and in the general sidechat jabber. But then again I just saw the round 200 already marked as "resolved" ones. Good job then. ;) I am really looking forward to 1.8.2!

Be looking forward to seeing what some of them are then :-)

Love the new concept so far and I am really excited since the next time I die and lose all my gear, it will be like playing a new game. One question though:

Was the zombie spawn rate reduced, when multiple players are in the same area? Increasing zombie damage while improving sneaking possibilities is a great concept, but all it used to take in Elektro was 3 or 4 players to spawn hundreds of zeds, making sneaking virtually impossible. If that is still so, cities might turn into very unattractive looting locations (especially for fresh spwans and people who work alone), which is kind of ironic.

Love the new concept so far and I am really excited since the next time I die and lose all my gear, it will be like playing a new game. One question though:

Was the zombie spawn rate reduced, when multiple players are in the same area? Increasing zombie damage while improving sneaking possibilities is a great concept, but all it used to take in Elektro was 3 or 4 players to spawn hundreds of zeds, making sneaking virtually impossible. If that is still so, cities might turn into very unattractive looting locations (especially for fresh spwans and people who work alone), which is kind of ironic.

There's a max amount, but it's intended that multiple people spawn more Zombies. I think it's 15 per player.

There's a max amount, but it's intended that multiple people spawn more Zombies. I think it's 15 per player.

MaxNearby was much higher in 1.8 though I believe it was 60? Now its 20 in 1.8.1 (increased to 30 in 1.8.2?). If my understanding is correct, maxlocal is max per player and max nearby is max per all players. 

I tried the settings you guys posted for 1.8.2, and ended up lowering the damage a little more. It does feel like theres less zeds than 1.8 though especially with maxlocal at 15. I compared with my 1.8 settings and we had maxlocal 20 maxnearby 60, but we were using much lower damage values than the defaults. 

Personally I prefer reducing zombie damage to reducing their numbers, I think I may increase maxlocal from 15 as it feels a bit too low but we're still testing, also we still have wildzeds off. I currently have damage scale values at 

Regular Zeds 350 (was 600) 
Viral Zeds 500 (was 900)
Edited by seaweed

Alright, 15 sounds managable. I hope the zombie hit distance gets fixed (reduced), since places like supermarkets or barracks have kind of become death traps . :)

Since there is nothing about it in the change logs, I assume there are no plans to change things about the the humanity system? I think the rarity of medical supplies, the necessity of testing ones blood type and the difficulty of acquiring a fitting blood bag would justify a greater humanity reward than the one you get right now.

Its 15 Zeds per player, max within an area 30 Zeds in 1.8.2. The missing system here is the spawn radius is reduced from 1.8

• Like 2

This question is not directed not at the DayZ mod devs, but rather the server admins that might be watching this thread.  What's the deal with admins running different Arma 2 beta patches?  The Readme on how to update is a sticky in this forum: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/198513-arma2-oa-beta-patch-system-update-admins-clients-please-read/

I get that admins are worried that clients that rely on DZC might not be able to connect right away, but is it a better alternative to have various servers running on literally 3 different Arma 2 patches?  It's mass confusion amongst players right now, and when people ask for help in communities like Reddit you can't direct them to the Readme because it ultimately depends on which server they're loyal to.  US434 is on 112555, US3480 is still on 103718, and only a handful of servers are on 124802.

Let's face it, DayZ mod (especially vanilla servers) doesn't have a huge player base anymore, and dividing such a small community even further is going to make it worse.  The 1.8.1 release is a refreshing and exciting change for the mod that's been long awaited, and it's being used as a talking point on Reddit and the forums to get people to come back to or try out the mod; but that potential for gaining new players is being ruined by the mass confusion of what beta patch to run.  It's sad to see the population plummet on the few remaining official DayZ mod servers because of this.

:(

Edited by Bullet_Catcher

Bullet_Catcher I'm the primary admin that runs US 434.  I would love to have all vanilla servers run on the same patch.  I really would.  Unfortunately nobody at this stage is playing on the steam patch version.  I've set up another server US 435 on the steam patch and only a few people jump on and then immediately log off.  Thus I've set up US 434 to run on 112555.  It seems this patch is the most popular with the player base since it's on dayz commander as the latest beta patch.

If the other primary vanilla servers are willing to go to the steam patch I'm willing to move over to it.  In particular if US 3480 is willing to move I'll do so at the same time.  However if I'm the only one to do so my fear is that my server will be empty.

By the way I've setup US 434 with the steam patch on another directory so when game spy ceases to support arma 2 it's literally a flick of the switch to move over.

I don't expect everyone to agree with my decision but I've chosen 112555 version based on the initial post on server setup.  Unfortunately the player base are creatures of habit and until gamespy turns the lights out they will not likely change for the sake of change.

Regards,

Geryon (Thomas)

• Like 1

everyone to agree with my decision but I've chosen 112555 version based on the initial post on server setup.  Unfortunately the player base are creatures of habit and until gamespy turns the lights out they will not likely change for the sake of change.

Well, I totally agree. I run vanilla with the steam-patch at 112555... We are about 3-4 players here. The version-debacle is a total disaster. The fabulous 1.8.1 patch is suffering so badly at the moment, that I wanna scream.

I fear that with gamespy closing down at the end of june, the vanilla servers might have suffered to a level of no return. So so sad.

Edited by dayzjarhead

I'm considering downgrading to 103718 today to be honest. R4z0r updated a bug report saying all the blood bag issues people are having are caused by PVS in the 112555 beta patch, and downgrading the beta may solve it? I can't see any issues on the beta bug tracker relating to public variables though? Certainly blood bags were also not working 100% for us on 1.8 and that was on 103718.

124802 is simply not a viable option until gamespy dies and people are forced to find out how to install it, or dayzcommander update their software and provide an option to upgrade to it.

Edited by seaweed
  • Like 1

What we know the current none steam beta is broke to a degree that is causing fps to drop massive this will cause issues. Id recommend updating to the newest beta only found on steam. PVS systems rely on the server working but if the server is losing a ton of fps due to issues it isn't going to help. There is no reason clients cant install the old beta and new beta together as the exe files are located in different places. DayzMod on steam can use both options without any issue. Outside of steam its out of our control

Steam is the preferred platform to be used for dayzmod.

Playwithsix is updated to be used with the new beta and old betas.

DayzCommander hasn't replied to any messages so not sure whats going on with the new beta.

The info about gamespy isn't clear we know its been extended for EA but its not clear if its all games using Gamespy or if its just EA games that have been extended and the rest will be blocked as the month goes on. As normal the info i'm getting back is all different.

As for bloodbags we are getting different reports as always the only consistent data is the action menu stops showing until players relog this is being looked at as i've stated already in a previous post.

• Like 2

Ty for the extra info regarding the BB issues, server FPS could be the reason we saw the issues in 1.8 too I guess. Relogging or getting the recipient to eat some food always solved the problems on 1.8. So I will add a BEC message advising people to do the same if they aren't working currently.

Our server FPS is still higher on 112555 than it ever was on 1.8 and 103718, though not having thousands of basebuilding objects spawned in is probably helping that too. 

Steam is the preferred platform to be used for dayzmod.

Playwithsix is updated to be used with the new beta and old betas.

DayzCommander hasn't replied to any messages so not sure whats going on with the new beta.

This should be stickied and mailed to every single DayZ player via E-Mail, postal service and messenger in loincloth. Please.

• Like 1

This should be stickied and mailed to every single DayZ player via E-Mail, postal service and messenger in loincloth. Please.

I can go around everyone's houses and tell them, if it helps?

• Like 2

I can go around everyone's houses and tell them, if it helps?

In loincloth please.

• Like 3

While we are gathering some old team members to help get the mod running again.

We have been playing with a few new arrows for the crossbow

Crossbow Tranquiliser Bolts, used for knocking out another player.

Explosive Crossbow Bolts, used for disabling vehicles.

We are not sure if they will make a public version but hell there pretty fun :-)

• Like 4

Just fix the exhaustion bug and I'll be happy. Didn't see a fix for it in the 1.8.2 change log.

Edited by Borges
  • Like 1

Just a few questions I have regarding this update and the server that I run.

Vehicles are not spawning at all for me, I've tried upping the chances to 0.99, up'd max number of spawns and still nothing is spawning in their specified spawn points. I've tried numerous things and nothing has worked. Object_data is empty, I'm assuming that's where the spawned vehicles go or something but its always empty. I remember there used to be a bat that generated a specified number of vehicles on your server.

Also, is there a way to change the default loadout? Since it appears there is no more loading from the instance table. Where is the loadout specified? I was assuming it is hidden in some pbo in the server files.

And finally, has support for custom loadouts been removed? As they appear to not work anymore as well.

Thanks, great update, just trying to get my server up to speed!

Edited by bbsnipes