Sign in to follow this  
Sirwarriant12

Military bases have wayy to much loot

I'm sure this isn't the first topic about this but seriously this was after just heading straight to NWAF after spawning, aside from the running it took me a total of 5 mins to get pretty geared. Military bases need their loot nerfed just a bit.

OGTH9Jg.jpg

zrHpivY.jpg

md7Ycbo.jpg

I can go and loot a town and get maybe half that if i'm lucky and looting towns takes much, much more time.

9/10 you'll get KoS by a dickhead sat in a bush.

Combine that with people server hopping due to the stupid global hive system and you got people with 500 rounds of ammo after 20 minutes of hopping.

Yup. 100% agreed.

newsflash, that's the point, which attracts people and makes it a war zone on a high pop, a player can get geared with an unlooted airfield, obviously making it fair game whoever makes it there first, however farming it on a low pop where obviously your the only one that's been there yes of course you can get a full kit that's not how it's truly intended of course

Edited by goodc420

You have one somewhat legitimate weapon, a 1911 with a magazine in it.  I don't know if I call that fully geared.  

But yeah, hitting NWAF when it is untouched and nobody is there to contest it will lead to a lot of gear.  How is that a problem?  BAses are for that.  But really, you don't need to hit a base to be competitive with zombies, and you can kill players with the guns you find in civilian locations.

baby's first gear. Claims too much loot.

It's not hardly my first gear, I'm simply pointing out that it's too much gear in one location. The game is supposed to be about surviving and having to look for gear. All this does is encourage deathmatch and server hopping.

The whole map has way too much loot. BUT: Its alpha and the game version is primarily for testing so it makes sense to provide plenty of opportunities by having loot more common as it should be in the final version (just look how many binoculars, sickles and crossbows you can find).

The whole map has way too much loot. BUT: Its alpha and the game version is primarily for testing so it makes sense to provide plenty of opportunities by having loot more common as it should be in the final version (just look how many binoculars, sickles and crossbows you can find).

Why not give loot 100% chance to spawn then? That way rare items could be tested out and items such as the crossbow, for which bolts are hard to find.

It's not hardly my first gear, I'm simply pointing out that it's too much gear in one location. The game is supposed to be about surviving and having to look for gear. All this does is encourage deathmatch and server hopping.

I think people assumed its your first gear, since if you played enough you would know enough about the games dynamic that would warrant the loot in high population areas. Or would know you are just lucky enough to loot a supposed high pop area while no ones around to take some of your loot.

Im sure its a little higher for testing, and when you have I dunno 40 zeds with working pathing and a decent attack, it will be hard to get to the loot without taking some damage :)

Again, you aren't heavily geared.  You are barely geared.  No ammo can, no security case, the worst long arm, no can opener, compass, binoculars, hunter pack, etc.

You have some loot, but you can get similarly geared hitting Dolena/Polana/inland construction site (other than the assault vest).

The loot on the map is fine.  Upping the player count a little would improve it, as would better zombies.  Those are coming, so complaining isn't all that useful in regards to current loot placement.

Why not give loot 100% chance to spawn then? That way rare items could be tested out and items such as the crossbow, for which bolts are hard to find.

But then how would they test what is the best frequency of rare items to spawn then?

Define a rare item?

AKM, on an island that was occupied by the military (which was subsequently turned into zombies) would be all over the place.  Rarity in terms of usefulness or reason?

But then how would they test what is the best frequency of rare items to spawn then?

Lol? They don't need to test that. Set a value of 99% spawn chance and it's possible to never see that item spawn. Tiny possibility, but possible.

There's nothing to test in that regard

Probably in order not to scare everyone away during the alpha period.

Again, you aren't heavily geared.  You are barely geared.  No ammo can, no security case, the worst long arm, no can opener, compass, binoculars, hunter pack, etc.

You have some loot, but you can get similarly geared hitting Dolena/Polana/inland construction site (other than the assault vest).

The loot on the map is fine.  Upping the player count a little would improve it, as would better zombies.  Those are coming, so complaining isn't all that useful in regards to current loot placement.

A trip to Balota (especially the military camp) is enough to get all the military gear that is currently in this game. And there is never anyone around. I was lucky recently to meet one other survivor on a 40/40 server, but 30 or 20 players on a server and you can be sure noone is around there. So yes, military loot does indeed spawn in overabundance.

However as has been mentioned the finetuning of loot spawn is for a much later stage of the development process, so people should just enjoy it while it lasts.

I wouldnt say you are that "geared up" - a sporter and 1911? pffffff ;)

A trip to Balota (especially the military camp) is enough to get all the military gear that is currently in this game. And there is never anyone around. I was lucky recently to meet one other survivor on a 40/40 server, but 30 or 20 players on a server and you can be sure noone is around there. So yes, military loot does indeed spawn in overabundance.

However as has been mentioned the finetuning of loot spawn is for a much later stage of the development process, so people should just enjoy it while it lasts.

So what, because most people aren't going to military bases on most servers they need to deplete military bases of loot?  That makes sense you?  Will that solve anything?

That will do little more than reinforce server hopping.  People who want the loot will just jump until they get as much as they want.

Everywhere, for that matter, has too much loot so people can test the items they put in game. Come Beta/Full Release, loot will by hard to come by.

A chambered Sporter, a 1911 with one magazine, some attachments for various guns you don't have, a damaged gas mask, some G.I. Joe clothes and you're still hungry.

You, sir, are a force to be reckoned with!

• Like 4

not fully deared, not even at the NWAF.  lol..