Sign in to follow this  
The Lone Survivor

The Campfire "Tell your tales!"

So i started up this so that people would share some unusual encounters that they have in-game, I'll start off with 2 tales of bandits, death, the cowboy, and zombies

Tale 1. The Horrible Bandit

So i just freshly spawn near a industrial building along the coast, come out with a few nice things: backpack, hard hat, and a pitchfork. then comes along another player, we both say friendly, then investigate the medical building, i'm  looking through one room, then it said "you've been successfully force fed rotten food twice (didn't notice first time). the other Guy said "Ha ha, i poisoned you and i have the charcoal tabs." i rush outside and he said "now i wait for you to die!", kill him with 1 hit of pitchfork, then let him bleed out to death. Funny thing was, i never got the message "my tong taste funny" at all, not even sick tab in character interface, but i took a bite just in case...then died in berizeno to a sniper

More tales to be told later, my young Bambi's.......

Edited by The Lone Survivor
  • Like 3

Careless Whisper.

Washed up a shore and I'm slamming meat to elektro.  The moon shines me on like a rum runner twisting the back roads.  I burn the asphalt as I grind around the north east bend of town and scan to get me loot on, all clear.  As I work for the sweet nectar that is the school house I hear, is he friendly? On direct comms From behind the dumpster.  I turn in said direction and hear another now on my right I dunno is he friendly?  I pause in the road and take a seat in ghandi protest towards my inevitable outcome.  The silence is quickly broken by the snapping of fingers all around me, then I hear it again this time it’s different is he friendly? Is he friendly? I dunno? The snapping grows louder as I see the hyenas emerging from all four points around me.  The snapping of fingers continues to grow until the lead breaks out in dance q and e'ing the street to pieces.  They start to harmonize, is he friendly? Is he friendly? I dunno….  It’s come painfully clear I walked into a musical in progress.  They continue to dance around me singing is he friendly and snapping.  The leader emerges and raises both arms to silence the crowd, he steps forward not breaking eye contact with me and makes one solemn sweep with his head.  He then whispers, no he is not friendly and makes a motion I have not seen in game yet turning his thumb upside down.  The pack dance on me singing he’s not friendly, we know…  I fear my time has come but realize they are forced to dance attack me and I will not be any real physical danger.  I get up flip them the pigeon and walk out of elektro as they cat call me down the street to never return to elektro.

Edited by Steak and Potatoes
  • Like 9

OP title remind me monkey island 2 opening lol, i'm that old ?

We were the first wave on shore, the first ones to fall! We approached Skalisty Island with vigor in our hearts and whiskey and canned pasta in our bellies! We were never used to that kind of war, a cross fire grind through the sand! Mk48s fired off in the heat of night and grenades buried the men in their holes! Yet, did we stop there? "Never retreat! Never surrender!" we cried as we rushed the second defensive position. The battle swiftly changed from a CQB kill box to a sniper grindhouse. DMRs cracked like thunder and the men were falling all around.

Our barely armed, motivated bodies began to pile into mass graves, there was no pushing. The line was locked. As we stood behind our sandbags and left-over enemy wire fences, much like the battle of the Argon Forest along the western front, we became quickly, without ammo and without medicine. The only place to find these oddities was the- now soaked- pile of bloody corpses that had built along the outer-side of the sandbags. And here I have my best friend, and my whole squad bleeding to death. Broken legs, black outs, and the cold ran rampant in our theatrical trenches. The bandits of Skalisty could not survive this battle, it would mean death for the people of the server. And time was short, the bandits have air support inbound and fought to keep us off as their engineers went to work fixing a broken Uh-1h.

No time to think, without thought of my character, I ran into the line of fire. With rounds scarce on both sides, I was blessed with a break between the thunder of guns filling our hearts with dread. Immediately I came face-to-face with the body of our fallen medic, rushing out to save another survivors life. I swiftly picked up his bag, in place of mine, which now rested on the shore. I get back to cover, and the recovery begins.

As we waited for the next team to make a move, we hear the sound of chopper rotors in the skies. And as they fly over, three more bandits ejected, parachuting delicately to the ground. Reinforcements and a resupply, there was no way to win this fight. With talked it over, again and again. There was no way; we had no backup, no rearm. Just our rifles and the clothes on our back. We turned our guns to the skies and within seconds the enemy chopper was disabled. A lucky bullet lodged in the main rotor assembly, and as the helicopter crashes in the no-mans-land, it illuminate the enemy side, their nightvision is disabled and we can now see.

We take this opportunity to take our remaining bullets and fire down range, killing several enemies. However, we are still heavily outmatched by our foe. And as their gun fire returns, I look over the edge of the sandbags to see something amazing. A bandit had put down his gun and ran into the no-mans-land, and as the bullets flew past his head, he never stopped. He just ran and ran, tired of the fighting. This image of peace in war was then struck down as his own team turned their guns on him and murdered him in the field. Their blood lust was relentless. And as we fought, another storm was brewing. A force we had never considered.

In war, they say a sniper and guerrilla warfare teams are force multipliers. If that is true, we were blessed with a 10x multiplier. In the slience of our guns, all warriors below the sandbags, ducking for their lives. A set of distinct shots rang out. One, two, three, four, five, etc. And another weapon joins in, one, two, three, etc. We watch as over a dozen of our enemies are turned to nothing but limp bodies, littering an already scarred battlefield.

In the heat of the battle, a sniper team of one M107 and a Lee Enfield, had positioned themselves behind the enemy on a hill. This incoming fire from both sides, with many of their men dropping created so much panic the bandits retreated to the helicopter itself. Which was also now littered with bodies of the dead engineers. This was it, and as we pushed we fought like savages, killing everything that moved and even somethings that didn't. And before we knew it, it was over. The war had been won. A force of 25 - 12 had defeated a better equipped, better trained, and better organized army.

And that was one of my favorite moments from the DayZ mod, servers don't play them like that anymore. It was practically a server v. server battle. Plenty of clan play; small squads from heroes and survivors, large clan of bandits. However, in terms of stories none from SA, I don't own it. Don't want to spoil the fun by playing too early, before more development is accomplished.

Edited by Chaney.A
  • Like 1

Im full of stories, but right now allow me to share something shorter with you all... Ill be back later to tell a longer tale

The Passing of Houston

I once had a heli, and named her Houston

She filled so many lives with glee.

I loved her so, and took great care

except for when I parked too close to a tree.

She tried, and tried to take me up

but the tree held on with all of its might

And as she crashed to the ground,

I ran for my life as the fire took over the night. 

• Like 3

The screaming..that damn screaming. He lay beneath me in the streets bleeding out from the forehead, litres of blood, he should have been dead a long time ago..but he just bled and screamed..'BANDAGE..I NEED A BAAAAAAAAANDAGE! ' I threw a book at him and watched it gracefully flutter down to land near his feet, he looked up at me and i said 'SHHHHHHHHHHH! shut up dude, you're driving me fucking nuts !' .'BANDAGE ! YOU GOT A BANDAGE MAN ? I'M BLEEDING EVERYWHERE MAN! I CAN'T SEE SHIT MAN..I'M GONNA DIE BRO  !! BAAAAAAAANDAGE !'

I crept back in near the bed on the second floor and waited, they would come, they would come to finish him and steal his beanz. I waited.

'BANDAGE! someone..anyone..even a shirt A SHIIIIIIIIIRT ! just...one...shirt..

Fuck me. I threw another book at him and said ' Can't you see i don't have a flippin' shirt on man, i ain't got nothin' to rip up for you so shut your cake hole !' I retreated back and checked the houses across the street, no movement. Shuffling..scraping noises..i peeped out the window and saw him crawling across the street, a river of blood leaking from his head, his broken legs trailing behind. He got stuck in a doorway and couldn't find the energy to pull himself up the step. He turned and crawled back into the street..

'BAAAAANDAGE..C'MON SOMEONE FIX ME ! I'M SO CLOSE TO DEATH !' 

I lined him up with my sks ..it would be so easy, peace and quiet, but then the sniper would know i was here. I nearly pulled the trigger anyway, but then, shuffling..and a footstep, nearby. I turned and crept slowly to the door, looked around the corner into the hallway and down the stairs..nothing, the door was closed down there. Back to the window, inched myself closer and looked out, all the while the forehead bleeder screaming still, but now in the background, my ears focusing on any other noise. There, another footstep, he must be close, maybe just below me in the street, two more nearly inaudible steps..where was he ?

A creak, then a shadow passed over my shoulder and i spun just in time to see cold metal poked through the door and a flash, a loud detonation of a mosin and then pain as i dropped to the floor. I brought my gun up but he was already gone, i couldn't stand, my leg was useless..and i was bleeding out. I waited with my sks aimed at the door until i started to grey out, fuck it ..i need to bandage, ruffled through my gear..get fucked..no bandages. I crawled out and threw myself down the stairs and jimmied myself out onto the street, bandage man was laying there dead, finally there was silence...then i began...

BANDAGE ! DOES ANYONE HAVE A BANDAGE ?? I'M BLEEDING OUT HERE ..C'MON DUDES..JUST ONE BANDAGE !!

• Like 4

I spawned, and then I ran, and ran, and ran, and eventually died of hunger.

The end.

• Like 2

It's quite amusing story:

(Mod)

There was a guy camping the roof of firestation building at NWAF. He killed about three people who started to complain at side chat. I decided to check that place with 3 of my friends. They got there first and I was about 5 min behind them.

Two of them rushed the firestation building. Mr Bandito was well aware of his surroundings so one of my buddies got few bullets to the chest before getting into the building, barely survived it.

My 3rd friend tried to get an angle on the bandit with his CZ550 but beacuse of the poor visibility (rain :F) he only managed to get cold.

At this point not much is happening: bandito just waits at the roof, 2 guys inside firestation, one sniper shaking from the cold.

I arrived shortly after from S. Before I knew it I got shot by the bandit. Bleeding, broken legs I finally managed to patch myself up get close to firestation and get some cover.

Eventually, after exchanging some bullets with the bandit he started to climb down the ladder - turns out he run out of ammo. We finally managed to kill him - all he had was Lee and Ak-74 with no bullets left. One guy, outnumbered, almost got half of us killed.

Where's the funny part?

When he got shot:

*Rambo motherf*cker was killed.*

I couldn't stop laughing.

• Like 1

i was looting nwa tent city when i found a guy crouching in a tent, back turned to me... 

my pulse starts to increase and my mouse feels all wet under the palm of my hand 

shoot or shout shoot or shout shoot or shout ....... FRIENDLYYYYYYYYYYYYY with all the power i could muster one feet behind him .

the guy gets on his feet and spins arround, sawn off shootty in his hand goes  fuxing BOOM BOOM my legs broken im bleeding like hell but still i start to laugh like crasy 

and he runns like a rabbit away, swearing what a complete asshole i am .....

he never came back to finish me off.

im still lying there, leg broken,  waiting for my brother to come by and fix my leg 

this is day z at its best.

• Like 1

Some guy knocked me out today, didnt kill me, just knocked me out...

when I woke up I still had my gun, ammo, food water...

Only one thing was missing:

MOTHERFUCKER STOLE MY SHOES!

No joke, this guy knocked me out, looted me and just took my freaking shoes...

• Like 4

LOL.. I think I may know who did that to you. 

Im looking at you Mr. Shoe Collector.. you know who you are. Hopefully you find this thread. ;)

i bet the incident will soon be seen on BUMFIGHTS 

it was a choice I had to make...Me, my friends, or one lone bambi, in need of help.... 

Bit of a dumb story but oh well.

So I spawn in the north on the coast by Berezino. I made my way into town found some food and water and even got myself a Machete. I make my way looting through the multi level residential building and end up on the roof. I hear zombies outside, so I look down and there is some guy running from 3 zombies running towards the building I'm in. He takes the ladder that leads up to the roof where I am. So I decide to hide behind some cover so I can yell friendly from range as he comes up. He finally gets to the top I yell "friendly" and he stars to charge me with an axe. So we end up circling each other for a good 15 seconds taking swings at each other and missing, when he finally takes his circle too wide and falls 5 stories to his death.

I get to the bottom floor to check his body and get a Mosin, food, water, and a pistol with ammo.

Here is the most unbeliveable Tale you ever heard:

I met a group of total strangers, who didnt gun me down on sight, gave me a weapon, ammo, a backpack food and a water bottle.

My first gun

​As the tile implies, this was when i was a noob and didn't know squat about the map/game, i was running as a fresh spawn down the coast, and see this geared guy (full military clothes) run down the street past me, i followed him only to discover a geared band with a  mosin was also following him, we saw each other i hid in a house, saw him make a full loop around and the ran off. I then decided to follow him, pull out a axe i found in the house, then start chopping the guy to death in the front door of the big green house. after he fell to the floor, bleeding with 99% stuff ruined (i took the 1%) and then i took my very first gun thinking WOOOO!!! then died of starvation near a bush at cherno.

Edited by The Lone Survivor

From the Diary of a broken man.

It's cold.  Wet. Lonely. 

I've been waiting in Balota in AUS servers for a while now, making target practice on people and guessing the range. 

It makes me ashamed, having to use people so gratuitously, but i'm learning after every shot.

I've hit one man on the ATC - black top/cap with a blue mountain backpack. 

He was easy prey, but I fluked the shot. I hadn't had a lot of practice with the Mosin and attached LRS before.

It's still raining; cloudy and hazy, but my view of the ATC is still mostly unhindered.

My spotter has the binocs out and lets me know that another guy has started running into the ATC from Cherno side.

Toggle up toggle down - I confirm my range to target set out by the last poor soul to venture through my sounding board.

*CRACK*

The Mosin lashed out at the cold air around it, flinging a round close enough to miss this new curious Joe.

The man kissed the tiles.

Perhaps over-zealously, but with the stockpile to warrant it, I rang out a few more just to see if I could make him stand.

My confidence waning as I ejected the two and re-loaded a magazine.

Still raining.

The lockers silhoutted well, so I knew i would be able to make this guy out.  But how could I hit him.

I was a few degrees off horizontal with the guy.

His only protection : a few hundred meters of distance and a concrete lip.

And so the wait began.

Not sure if it was eagerness or not, but I thought I could just make out this guy's mountain backpack.

silhouetted through the lowest part of the window against a hazy backdrop, it would appear to shimmy just the slightest.

I waited and saw that it was indeed his pack, but not to rouse him too quick.

Hope that he grows complacent, or makes a sudden but clumsy move.

And then it came.  A crawling figure down towards the stairs of the ATC.

Two shots this time.  And two more holes in the concrete to boot!

Now it wasn't certain who was predator or prey. 

I began to double guess myself and the sight profile that I'd developed at that zero.

He'd gotten away.

I waited, and about three minutes passed.

Then a jigging of polygons, not like a sprite pulsing, this one was different and movement could yield an opportunity.

I zoomed in with a held breath, and the rain was only just letting off.  Still foggy, still poor.

It was a man.

This cheeky little sod was poking through a wall in the mid-level stairs, of the internal ATC.

I'm guessing he had a Mosin, or possibly PU/ACOG, but why so ballsy?

Two more shots. and then the shadowy view disappeared.  Had my luck changed?  Or had I truly began to panic?

My spotter grew impatient after a 10 minute gap and he investigated to find a corpse matching description.

Now I'm still not sure on kill, but this was a good frustrating moment with a few learning experiences, and a glimpse how sometimes quirks can be creatively 'exploited' (in that it's 'anyone's game') keeping in mind the Alpha.

Had a great time, and sorry for the bullets. :(  Soon I'll have my learnin and figure out a good way to get down on the coastal bandits that I saw, with quite a hillarious outcome...

Edited by q.S Sachiel

Most of my "tales" involve me taking a wrong turn down the stairs of a construction site and plummeting to my doom. I also can't go near the Big Ship (Rify) without thinking of that Brian Eno song. You know, the one that David Foster Wallace loved so much before he hanged himself.

I just robbed someone...

With a rifle...

and not one bullet xD

Just pointed the gun and shouted really serious "DOWN TO THE GROUND! GET ON THE GROUND!"

The guy got down, I aimed for his head "drop your backpack and I let you live!"

he dropped the backpack, I took it and went away, saying "get up while I still see you and I shoot!"

So dude... you got robbed by a Bambi who found a rifle with no bullet xD

Who needs ammo if you have a serious and dangerous voice