Sign in to follow this  
Ransurian

So, what are some decent servers?

Just recently bought the game, and I want a server to settle down in. I've been hopping from server to server whenever I decide to play. I've seen three people thus far, and I've had to kill two of them in self-defense. I have yet to hear a single player say so much as a single word. I've been trying to stay away from high-pop servers, since they're allegedly breeding grounds for KoS c*cksuckers.

Are there any reasonably friendly, reputable servers out there, or is almost everyone playing Sandbox Deathmatch in nearly all of the game's servers at the moment? 

There are only two kinds of servers. Those who don't restart at admin's whims and those who do. I prefer stable servers without admins. I'd love if there was some official server where you can trust MOTD (this server will restart every 4 hours) and not like every 4 hours unless I want to restart it every 3 minutes. I've seen plenty examples like that. I want to feel safe, that if I drop something on the ground, I can pick it up later, not like, you dropped and suddenly admin decided to restart his shitty server because he got killed or didn't find his beloved LRS in NWAF tents.

Look for servers that say "KOS = kick".  You're 100% safe there.

also don't forget those "no racism!" or "be friendly, talk before you shoot" and shit like that. It is obvious that people who rent such servers are noobs and probably don't know shit about Dayz

Just recently bought the game, and I want a server to settle down in. I've been hopping from server to server whenever I decide to play. I've seen three people thus far, and I've had to kill two of them in self-defense. I have yet to hear a single player say so much as a single word. I've been trying to stay away from high-pop servers, since they're allegedly breeding grounds for KoS c*cksuckers.

Are there any reasonably friendly, reputable servers out there, or is almost everyone playing Sandbox Deathmatch in nearly all of the game's servers at the moment? 

get on the fullest server you can, and try to stay alive, thats all there is to it. if you are searching for some kind* of easy mode, why are you even playing dayz. actively trying to play on low pop servers, is not the way to go

Edited by qww
  • Like 2

Find a hardcore server, then at least they won't always see you before you see them....

Edited by The Lone Survivor

usually the official servers are the best, without active admins,

as admins normally abuse the sh*t out of their power

once private hives are a thing... we'll see

Look for servers that say "KOS = kick".  You're 100% safe there.

totaly