Sign in to follow this  
OrLoK

Ammo Glitch/Exploit News Highlight.

Hello there

I just wanted to flag this up in case anyone missed it, but its good to know.

Rocket posted this in a reddit convo.

The unlimited ammo hacking occurs because management of magazines is one of several legacy systems that were not replaced during the move from the arma engine to dayz. However, this is now in progress and a programmer is assigned to the task. What we will do is move the management of magazines from the client to the server. This means that if a client alters the amount of ammo on a magazine, it may have a different number on the client but this will be useless because the server will check it's own values and will not receive updates from the client about ammo values. Edit: Also, rule 3 states you can't show hacking **content**. Why do you think this is? Nobody is saying you cannot discuss hacking problems, but content and/or publicizing the *actions* of the hacks only serves to the hackers ends... they want publicity and to know that your jimmies are well rustled.

View full context on Reddit 

Rgds

LoK

Edited by kichilron
Fixed looks.
  • Like 7

And another one down

And another one down

Another one bites the dust...

HEY HEY!

• Like 5

Sorry Orlok, had to make it readable

Fixed.

• Like 1

for enhanced immersion

if the server is checking on log-in ..

maybe a player who logs in with fake ammo could just be hung from a streetlight until he dies ?

(heh..heh..)

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 2

oops, soz for any issues.

I posted and ran away.

Format me, format me from both ends.

L

• Like 2

Good news, lately this hack seems to be all over the servers.

I've run into that a lot lately. To be honest I'm surprised hacking hasn't been even more of an issue. There seems to be little done about hacking at the moment since the team is still focusing on getting a more full game development in place. I don't doubt by beta there will be some big chances in the way they address hacks and program issues.

Dose of healthy realism: I doubt the fix comes any time soon. Still, unlimited ammo hackers are the least of the problem. Teleporting and speed/wall hacking is more serious issue.