TRodGene

Gettin meh stuff wiped

If i had a dime for every time this happened.....

I log into a server and my stuff is wiped, this is especially annoying when i play for hours and get completely decked. So i just want to know if its the server that has a *Fresh Spawn* setting (does that exist?) or its just that DayZ is still unstable as Francium 223? also possible fixes?

Note: usually when this happens i'll end up at the shore.

Thanks!

..... I'd have about one dollar

Edited by TRodGene

Stick to one server. Hardcore and Easy don't share characters. Some servers can mess up your char file uf they've been messed with.

Basically find your home server ^^

• Like 2

If you play on the same server... then the only reason for this happening is you are dying as you log out.

If you play on different servers all the time, you may just be logging into different server hives (i.e. hardcore, etc..)

Stick to one server. Hardcore and Easy don't share characters. Some servers can mess up your char file uf they've been messed with.

Basically find your home server ^^

Best advice, find one server for each game type HC/Normal and stick to them.  I have not had my character wiped yet so it works for me.

TRodGene,

remember! If there are any problems it must be your fault! There are no bugs, problems or whatever in the game, it is just you and nothing else!

Yes, Dayz is perfect! :thumbsup: :o

• Like 1

If I had a dime for every time my character was wiped I'd have about 60 cents and I've got over 340 hours in the SA so far. 

I'd have twenty cents.  When they said realistic they weren't joking.

I've learned to welcome character wipe-out, much less traumatic than getting gunned down exiting a chalet :rolleyes:

Red

Best advice, find one server for each game type HC/Normal and stick to them.  I have not had my character wiped yet so it works for me.

I have done the exact opposite, that is played on the first and best server that pops up on the server list, so only occasionally do I end up on a server I have played on before, yet I have not experienced character wipe either.

I strongly suspect most of these "character wipes" are players getting killed during the log out process.

Edited by BadAsh
  • Like 1

If you log in as a freshie without a WARNING! message, you got killed.

If you login and get a WARNING! message, spam escape out of that server as soon as possible and move to another one.

If you log in as a freshie without a WARNING! message, you got killed.

If you login and get a WARNING! message, spam escape out of that server as soon as possible and move to another one.

+1 this is exactly what I've been noticing and doing , a very good guide , and explains about. 75% of people's "character wipe" experiences cuz most of then don't get the red message when they jump to a new server so they must be getting killed before they fully log out .

Also I have a Semi-FIX for if your character Gets "killed" by a server.. If you recieve the red "your character has been reset contact administrator" message when you join a new server after just logging out of another one , just remember that server you were just on join it and run to where you logged out , your dead body should be there slightly damaged ..

I've done this twice now and I don't know if it's the new server killing my character and sending info back to the last know location or something or if it's just a coincidence and maybe I got killed and the guys never took anything both times when this seemed to happen to me .

I log into a server and my stuff is wiped

Only happened once, and when I looked for reasons I remembered that when I logged out I fired a shot to scare people in the town (lol, i know). So a zombie or player must've killed me in those 30 seconds it takes for your character to disappear out of the game. Maybe this is how you lose your stuff as well?