pistaaaa

Your first kill

I have just killed a man...

I was passing through Orlovets...

Just passing through you see, nothing to be found in such a dusty little town. I was on my way from Krasnostav to Balota, I heard there were more supplies out west.

I saw movement out of the corner of my eye and had the trigger of my SKS halfway suppressed when I heard him shout "Don't shoot!"

It's a strange thing, to be ready to shoot at the first sign of movement. I swear, I was not like this when everything was normal.

The man looked bedraggled, surely as bad as I did when I first came to. He had no weapons, no pack of food. I felt pity for him. I began to shoulder my firearm as a gesture of goodwill and invite him to a nearby shack for a shared bite to eat when I heard the scream.

I unshoulder my weapon, firing as I turn and I see the arm of a zed explode in a shower of gore as I barely miss my target. I pull the trigger again to hear the steady click of an empty chamber.

At times like this there is simply no time to reload. Well, maybe a soldier or a police officer could, but didn't I just say that I didn't start off as a violent person?

I pull my axe and began chopping down a tree made of rotted flesh, dessicated bone, and necrotic ooze.

I took a dizzying blow to my head so I wrapped it up pretty good. I ask the guy if he's all right and he is. Now to start unloading supplies.

I'm not a hoarder, mind you, I just figured that it would be good to carry a pair of extra pistols. I have no ammo for them, just for my .45 and SKS, but I figure someone else could use them. I unload a pistol, a water bottle, some charcoal tablets and a few cans of food. I'm wondering whether to give him my axe or my scythe when the first blow nearly sends me sprawling, I spin around, rifle quickly coming to bear, expecting another zed.

Here is the man I just rescued from zed, fist raised for another blow. This time reaction does kick in, and I am unable to restrain my finger as it pulls twice, allowing for the recoil of the second shot to put two bullets firmly in his chest. I was able to cry out "Why?" just as the second shot fired.

I have sent several zed to their grave, but it was never killing, not really. I am no scientist, but I'll wager that whatever these people have become, there is no humanity left in them. Killing a man, much less one I just rescued, was far different. It was something I never thought to do, even in such crazy times as this.

I have just killed a man...

• Like 1

@up

Wow seriously, you got little carried away with story telling. 

I killed two people today during 15 minutes, first one was an idiot with an axe who attacked me while I had my SKS pointed at him. Second was a dumb server hopper. 

The Night DayZ SA came out, Me and another freshspawn had a fight to the death with our fists, I won.

I was in the town, Cernaya Polana scavenging for some supplies. I was looking through the grocery store near the center of the town. Mind you, I had some good gear including the Long Horn magnum gun (anything I shot with this gun killed them instantly). I walked back outside from the grocery store and noticed a man crouching in the middle of the road with his shotgun out. He had it ready in his hands to shoot. Luckily, I was behind him and he didn't notice me until he turned around and pointed the gun at me. I just happened to have my gun aiming at him, and just before we could say anything to each other, I let my Long Horn do the talking for me. 

BAM

Shot him right chest. He fell over to the ground and actually managed to say something to me lol. He said "Uh excuse me." but it was too late for him to say anything else because I hacked him up with my chopping axe to make sure he was dead. 

Needless to say, I actually felt really guilty when I killed him  because I didn't know if his intentions were good or evil. That was how my first kill went. 

10 minutes after I finished downloading standalone, I spawned in balota and started to loot one of the buildings. It was the first day standalone was available and there were very few zeds. 2 guys kept hounding me while I was trying to get some food and supplies, one of them told me if I didn't leave they would shoot. Then the dumbass forgets he was broadcasting in direct chat and he tells his friend he is holding up a black guy(not the word he used) in the jail building with no ammo. Luckily for the dynamic duo I had just found an axe, I told them piss off, I'm looting but they were insistant on robbing me or killing me so I did them a solid and buried my axe into their clown masks. Being a nice guy, I informed them that if your are going to threaten someone, please don't announce over side chat that you are robbing a guy with no ammo. They were nice enough to donate their clothing and backpacks full of supplies and a can opener. I was a good first day in new chernarus

Haha that reminds me of my encounter today. I had just spawned and found a town, (not sure which) when I heard voices. I followed the sound and found a guy and a girl (I'm guessing they were a couple). I said friendly and he did too. He had a pistol and a rifle (didn't learn til later that he had no ammo) his gf had a baseball bat. He was chatting all nice to me then said to his gf "whack him", she swung and missed so I legged it. As I am running away I hear "Fucking how do I fucking turn off this direct chat". I hid in a building nearby and luckily found a hoe. I proceeded to sneak back around and found them trading a gun. I walked up and buried my hoe in his hoe (lol) and then i whacked him a few times. She died, he ran off bleeding and I got a free sks. I later found his body about 150m down the road. What extremely satisfying.

I started out playing very friendly, I had my friend with me that I met, his name was Radghost29, we had a camp and a shit ton of gear, we held up in Green Mountain due to the dark nature of the place, no one ever went there, anyway we went to go on a run, we always walked about 25 to 50 feet away to ensure that we would spot anyone coming. Anyway I caried two bandages and I got attacked by a Zed in the forest, and used my bandage, then the bandage I had for him I used when I got hit by the damn bandits that hit me and stole all his and my gear. When I woke up I was naked and my buddy was naked and was stripped of everything. I was pissed, it legit made me fucking tear up a bit, we had known each other for about a month or so now. I paid my respect and swore that I was going to avenge him. I was walking back to camp and gear back up, on my way to the bandit camp I avoided a lot, I killed all of them stealthily with an axe. The seem to be leader of the bandit group had a Pay Day 2 mask, I stole it. When I killed them I was very happy and satafied, it made my heart race. I since on killed everyone that came to my camp :), I love killing, the Green Mountain Serial Killer was created by tragedy and by the Bandits that killed my friend, I hope to find him, he would probably despise me now. I hadn't ever died, only twice when I was a fresh spawn. I sold it sadly but I love the game. I left notes across servers with stories and diaries, if you find them, treasure them.

I moved to the SA about a week ago, probably 15 hrs played. I have yet to kill anyone, just not my style unless it is self defense. I have only been killed once, about an hour into my first spawn.

I kill everyone with gear, and freshspawns when they do something stupid. 

Edited by General Zod

My first kill was a bandit, the one who killed my friend, I killed him with my axe and stole his mask, then I killed over 902 people with the same spawn, Green Mountain made me a Lovable Monster :)

It was a nice day as usual in my DayZ Life,i was,as usual,in full server,protecting bambies in Berezino[im always at Berezino] from bandits and bad guys,and i decided to go to an house so i get a clear shoot on a bandit who was at police station roof killing bambies all over the place.
I entered house few minutes after,but he was gone,i hear footsteps in house,i look the door,im 100% sure its him...doors open,without thinking i shoot...body falls down,...its a random bambi,..i'm devastated,my first kill was never supposed to be an innocent freshspawn,..i was devastated and mad,so i went to hunt the bandit,turned out he was leaving the police station at the back door,got him nicely and spent full mag on him.

• Like 1

My first kill happen this morning.

I'm in 2nd floor of one prison building in NWAF near the first 2 hangar at north, when I hear someone shooting with 9mm pistol.

I'm nervous and doesn't want to give up my items, because i establish my items from healing, weapons and other useful things.

So when the guy open the door, the first thing i saw he's holding his SKS, I panic and i shoot it with my .45 caliber pistol, he fires back but he goes down first.

I felt so bad that i kill the guy not knowing if he is enemy. I died many times in the hands of other players.

I'm still thinking about the massacre that i did this morning.  :(

I got into a firefight at NWAF - was in the prison building with my buddy. And when we wanted to come back out, two guys opened fire on us, so we ran back in and closed the door. One of them now stood on the opposite side of the building watching us through the wall while the other guy aimed at the door (we found out because my buddy opened the door and died - it wasn't his brightest moment)...

I only had about 20 shots in my SKS and one of the two was pacing back and forth in front of the door... so I tried to get a shot at him as often as I could... when I heard him reloading I ran outside and emptied my remaining bullets in him. He dropped to the floor but I had no ammo left and the other guy was still around, so I got my fire axe and gave his body a few more hits just to be sure he won't get back up. Then I just ran. That guy's friend tried to shoot me but couldn't hit me... Aaaand then - I was bleeding and all of my bandages were ruined. Had nothing to stop the bleeding and couldn't find anything to bandage myself with either... so I just bled out somewhere :P

Guess you win that one. Kinda.

Edited by James Hawke

I'm yet to KOS, but my first 2 kills were fairly memorable.

The first time, I was at the smaller airfield. I had just looted one of the buildings and was legging it for the treeline when I had some pot shots taken at me, so I ran hard for a small shack and took one in the back. By that time a Zombie had taken an intrest in either me or him. Made it into cover and bandaged my wounds, took out my mosin and fired off my only two rounds (fairly certain I downed the guy, though he was still kicking.) Took out my Colt Python and bolted for the Z, put one in it's head and whilst he was on the ground I simply put one in his head.

The second time, I was looting the military tents when I heard a gunshot, ran for the tents (by this time I had acquired an AKM and a Mag) and as he came around the corner, I unloaded a burst into his chest. Though his second shot winged me pretty good.

I have had a couple of close calls around military bases, though I have usually had luck running to hide from the bandit groups I encountered. I was positive three guys had found me by the smaller military base. they chased down and killed a Zombie, then moved for the base, 2 moved for the base, one waiting in the field. who joined them after a few moments (I was really contemplating offing him, because I was starving at that point. I really needed a can opener or knife.) But yet to KOS and proud.

Both my first kills were at the 0.45 version NEAF.

First time, I'm well geared, just poking around the main ATC room, when a guy comes roaring up the stairs and unloads his shotgun in my general direction. He misses and scampers back down. Cue two minutes of quiet sweating. Then he comes back up with a 1911 and fires off all seven rounds. They all miss. I get two or three M4 shots at his chest and he retreats, bleeding heavily. Found him dead at the bottom of the stairs.

Second time (a day later), same place, I see a guy out on the balcony, well geared, M4, helmet. He doesn't do anything - just crouches. I say I'm friendly, but he doesn't answer. I can still see his head, and feeling nervous that he has friends, I fire three shots at it. He goes down. He really is well geared - three 60 round mags, etc. But every single item is ruined. Felt bad for him - he'd obviously been through a lot.

The NEAF is almost always fatal (either for me, or for the other guy). I used to hope for spawns near it. Now I hope for the Msta or Dolina spawns so I can go west via the police stations.

Mind you, even that has its risks. Last night I was attacked by an axe-wielding maniac in a police station. Cue some desperate close quarters SKS shooting. Found him dead upstairs, his yellow child's briefcase dripping with blood.

I've been playing DayZ since the mod came out, was a hero on the mod and still only kill anyone who shoots at me first. You get killed a lot being friendly but also have some good interactions along the way. After all not to hard to re gear after losing everything... and heyy you never know that trigger happy bandit might of needed your gear more, although i would of given him anything he needed if he'd of asked. 

My first kill (I think)- 14 July 2014, 25 hours into the game

Me and my friend just spent 1 hour running around in Chernarus trying to meet up till we finally got together. I was standing on the tower smiling as he ran towards me with nothing but a sickle and a mask. At last.

Suddenly he disconnected and once again I was alone. We decided to join a high pop server since it's quite boring to play on empty servers but little did I know that Berenzino was even more dangerous than any of the 3 military bases and 3 airfields I have raided before.

I spawned a few seconds earlier than him and decided that I would go check out the police station, I got my revolver out (just in case and made a sprint towards that happy building of guns. As soon as I opened the door I heard a mosin go off. I ran up the stairs and took cover "I'm friendly" I shouted and not thinking about checking the corner with third person even once I leaned. Another shot blasted int the wall behind me. I lifted my revolver (even though I had an AK) and leaned around the corner again I fired once. I had gotten him but he wasn't dead yet. Before I could finish him he pulled his trigger.

Rage took over. I had lost: a pristine AKM (with a bipod and a flashlight), pristine fire ax, pristine revolver, 3 AK mags, 2 speed loaders, and loads of other gear and equipment that took forever to get my hands on.

There was hope, my pal had spawned in, and even though all he had was a crappy rifle, I was sure that he would be able to take him out. But all that he found was two corpses...

Seconds later my friend is killed by a KOS kid.

Have yet to Kos anyone, and my "first kill" is unconfirmed.

Freshspawned in soli, immediately whacked by a zed haul ass bleeding like a stuck pick, run up some stairs (thank god they haven't fixed that yet) bandage and find a fluffy coat and a nearly ruined splitting axe. Zeds dead baby! Start for Zino to meet my buddy, when I happen on a "Bambi" being shredded by a zed, so I pull my axe and whack the zed and kill it. He starts to bandage so do I. He finishes first and decided to start fisticuffs! He had to be new cause I had minimal gear a couple punches to the head and I would have been down, whack him a couple times he's gushing, in voice I tell him if he stops I'll bandage him as I have add kit, hit him once more before he turned tail and ran, no idea if he died or not and I don't feel bad about it in the least

in the top of an apartment block, empty and spooky.. nothing there

.. then freshspawn suddenly jumped out at me shouting "DONT SHOOT!" about 2 inches away.

But I'd already shot him half a mag as soon as he moved.

I remember the flashes lighting up his face.

"oh shit sorry man you scared the shit out of me"

but he was totally dead. I was very messed up because I'd killed an innocent man

... that was a long time ago

Edited by pilgrim