pistaaaa

Your first kill

Hi!

I'm curious about players who started out playing friendly, but changed their style.

I've been playing for 20+ hours. Still haven't killed anyone. Got killed several times, but I'm still tring not to kos. Had some friendly encounters as well.

So how much time did it take you to start to kos?(in gameplay time)

How was your first kill?

Please share!

my first player kill, not a KOS... as i was medic with a pistol only... but they took down my friends, i ran, then snuck back and killed them all with a pistol, while they where looting my teams corpes

Well, tis quite simple, really. I was at the NEAF, and I was going up the stairs of the jail next to the ATC tower. I noticed a guy trying to get into the glitch spot. He didn't see me. I decided not to take chances, since he was fully geared, and I only had an amphibia with a chambered round. I shot him in the head, and he went unconscious. I then picked up his M4 and shot him again. I then proceeded to take his stuff, and I left. 

I have no remorse for killing an exploiter such as him. 

He also had one of those infinite round mags. I left that on his body and hid it. 

I will keep playing friendly, but I will never take a chance at the airfield. That's just naive.

It was my first kill. 

My first kill was pretty funny.  Me and my friend had just met this guy in Electro who was pretty cool.  Now, me and my friend were playing bandit but we thought this guy was cool so we didn't kill him.  After about 5 minutes we walk into the fire station on the way to Cherno and I said "hey man, by the way, we're bandits.  Are you cool with that?"  The guy didn't say anything.  He just turned around and flipped me off.  Then I put about 5 hard earned M4 rounds right in his skull.  He didn't say a damn thing, he just died and accepted it.  Bravo to him though for standing up to the big mean bandits :P

Mane, he was just kidding, probably. That's more like something Vaas would do. That was just downright insane. 

So with about 300 hours in game I think I've killed 4 people only 1 was KOSish. 

#1 was a crazy bambi my friend and I were trying to help. she didn't like the look me of I guess and started swinging but was friendly with my friend until I popped out from behind a corner.

#2 I was playing inventory tetris in the garage near NEAF crouched in a corner. I guy came in the garage and popped a shot at me and missed. I dumped 15 into his chest.

#3 I was a freshspawn in my undies and only had an axe and little girl backpack. Oh and a cowboy hat! Well some dink decided to attack me with a bat. Axe > bat

#4 I was on a hardcore server at dusk friday night. Walked into the porch of a house on Gorka. Turned around to a man with what I thought was and axe held up at the door. Pulled my .22 out but realized I only had one round in it so grabbed my sks and put 2 in his chest before he got to me. Gave him one more once he was down. Ended up being a bambi with a hoe and puffed jacket. This is the only one where I was not attacked first. He however did not speak, try to escape or lower his weapon even after seeing me pull my sks out. Or he was just blind as a bat.

Edited by escobert

I've only been playing for a few days and killed 2 people who asked me to kill them.

I've only died twice, fell off a roof and some guy killed me at an airfield (I had a decent amount of stuff as well both times :()

Still enjoying my experience so far!

Wait, and I reading this right?

1. TonyMahony
  2. Sokak
  3. Ben_uk
  4. cuwe

You've never killed anyone? At what looked like 30+, 40+, and 100+ range hours played? Wow, that's impressive. And I thought I played rather passive. I think there's a few groups out there that are heroes only you might fit in well with, kudos! It's not a bad thing, people who aren't solely KOS are what helps make DayZ tolerable.

Still going strong with no kills.  I often pay for my kindness by being KOS'd but most times people I encounter seem to be open to dialogue.  Had a couple of good times with a couple of people in the last 2 nights.  I am definitely not the "hero" guy.   I will help freshie's if they are being atacked by Zeds, but if someone is being attacked by some geared up militants, I will not sacrifice my life for theirs.  So definitely not hero material, just survivalist material..

• Like 1

Well he's my story.

It was midnight and everyone was sleeping in my house. My light in my room wasn't good therefor I prefered playing without lights. I happened to join a 3-players-server which was in night time. I looted the Rify ship (the shipwreck). It was really scary, I had my M4 with a 60rd STANAG mag though. When I entered one of those small rooms with the beds while I searched for loot I told myself that I might be lucky enough to find a press vest but suddenly, I naked freshspawn rushed into that fucking room and starting axing my vitals off. That's not even a joke, I unloaded 60 bullets at his body. Holy shit, the jumpscare I experienced that day will be in my head for the rest of my life.

What's sure is, I'll never go to the shipwreck EVER A-fucking-GAIN.

I didn't want to write that my mom gave me such a slap on the face after that happened because I shouted so loud so I'll be writing this in 8 font size so it will be barely visible though if you read this you already seen it so I guess this isn't so invisible :(

Hehe. I did accidentally kill my first victim yesterday. Was looting at north east airfield in one of the hangers. I went back to the entrance and had a look for any Zeds, since I had seen one on the runway when approaching. Then I turned to the left, when suddenly a dark figure ran around the corner. I had a pistol in hand and simply out of shock and thinking it was a zed running for me shot two times. I think I missed and realized it was a player when the figure went back around the corner, only to come back moments later with his M4 drawn and shooting for me. So he kinda forced me to end the business by drawing my own M4 and putting a load into him and the zombie that ran to him.

What I feel most bad about is that a bug that prevented me from using bandages or rags had me disconnect. I usually do not do that.

I'm 65 hours in and have killed 3 guys plus 5 freshspawns who asked me to kill them. I guess they weren't happy with their spawn location.

My first 2 were in self defense when 2 guys ambushed me and shot at me, then changed to fists and chased me. At which point i pulled out my M4, turned around and killed them (this was about 10 hours in).

Third kill was accidental as i was trying to help someone and shoot a zombie, but hit him instead :(  (about 50 hours in).

If neither of those count, then i'm still at 0 KoS kills.

Edited by Vilmu

I don't even remember, killed so many by now that I have lost count. Hell I don't even get that fight or flight rush any more during fire fights. 

My first kill happened on my second week of playing Dayz; I had about 41 hours clocked in at this time and was pretty well set up. I was leaving the police building my SkS loaded and ready in my hand just in case and I came face to face with a dude. He fired a shot first missing me and I fired back hitting him. I ran back inside to wait to be sure he didn't have any buddies wanting to take some revenge. After It was all clear I looted him and got out of there as fast as I could. I wouldn't consider this a bad kill because he shoot first, but i'm sure he was as scared to see me as I was too see him.   

• Like 1

Got my first kill Friday night at 20hrs.

The first time I had been to the NWAS... It was a low pop server and I was pretty kitted up already so I thought while I'm a grishno ill pop over and see what all the fuss is about.

Spent about half an hour scouting the strip and the ATC, finally decided to go in.

Around I went keeping to the fence and keeping low I popped into a few of the buildings near the ATC. I knew the area pretty good through watching a few streams and youtube clips so I thought I had a good chance of getting in and out again.

Went into the ATC and all was well. Got a m4 and some ammo and went back towards a building I had missed.

Knowing I was alone (how wrong was I) I ran in without a second thought, turned into one of the rooms and someone was knelt down drinking. I said hello on direct comms... No reply, he stood up, faced me and said nothing...

I quietly said "friendly" knowing it was either going to go very well or very bad...

Still silence...

My m4 was already out, so I aimed and stepped back.

The guy pulled his gun out so I popped him..

Kill or be killed was the only thought going through my head...

I went to leave without looting but as I walked down the stairs I changed my mind, walked back into the room and had a little peak to see what useful things he had... It wasn't a lot but he had a friend.

I didn't hear or see him coming...

You are dead...

Shot me in the back of the head without a single sound :/ I understand what he did seeing as I was looting a dead mans corpse. I would do the same if it was me lol

I killed nobody for a week or something.Than there was this guy with broken legs :D He begged me to help him so i did.:)

Managed to take a guy by surprise at North-East airfield, Only had an FNX. Was so scared, I emptied the entire clip.

Edited by Anox

i waited one full year watching the devblogs etc. for the game to come out. bought and downloaded it on the first day :D

tried to learn some stuff. there were obviously no guides etc, and everyone thought loot respawning was in, etc. etc. ...

so i spend my first 30 hours of gameplay (first 6 days) with learning every kind of stuff. i sometimes found a gun, but wasnt really searching for them, because i wanted to learn the game, and then decided fast, that i was just a bigger target mosin on my back. (the early days when there were only 3 guns :lol: )

after about 50 hours, i finally found a FNX with a Magazine in electro fire Station :D i was so happy ! i felt like i was invincible :D

first kill:

i travelled from electro to cherno, and behind the point where the street and the railway track cross, there are 3 houses.

i checked them and in the green house, just upstairs, his back to the stairs, was a guy with middle gear standing. first i was like hoy shit, but then i realized, wait, i have a gun, so i took out my fnx and slowly walked upstairs. when i was right behind him, i shot every bullet in his back.

i felt extremely happy.

i was such a dick. i didnt even try to talk  :rolleyes:  

At one point in time I felt the urge to turn. I had been killed via KOS on a fully gear character that I had provoked many acts of kindness on and had developed a reputation for goodness on. Upon respawning, I found a pistol and drew blood the first chance I could. I took that persons gear and shot down a duo, this all occured in a 4 hour period. The next day, I felt like a total douche and made it my goal to be against KOS for the rest of my time playing this game.

I ran to Balota to meet up with my friend, when he started screaming over the mike that he got punched in the back of the head. I found his body in one of the Barracks, and he said to bandage him up. I did, and then I took his M4A1, FNX45, basically his entire kit, telling him that I found the rifle in the ATC Tower on the way over and that the guy who punched you must've stolen his things(I was a real douche back then). I heard footsteps (mah buddy had DC'ed, being the pussy he is), and I raised the gun. I hadn't fired an M4 yet, so I was eager to find out how good I was with it. As I was about to run around the corner, three military guys ran around it with their guns drawn, but not raised. I jumped, slamming my talk button by accident (middle mouse button), shouted :"GAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" and fired the full 60-round magazine into those three guys. Don't asked how I killed them all, but all three were on the floor, one unconscious, two dead, all of them bleeding an ocean. I guesstimate that around 10-12 bullets actually hit those guys, but my finger was glued to the left mouse button. I rummaged through their Swiss backpacks, and found a usable magazine, which I used to finished off the unconscious one. I adjusted my mic, made a mental reminder to change my pants, and told my friends shouting WTF man ear rape much, "I... I got them all."

Got Dragonball Z'ed by an zombie when I left the airfield, 2-3 hits on a survivor with full TTsKO stuff until death is a tad overpowered.

Probably not my first kill but first one I took a screenshot of 

Day_Z_16_01_2014_14_26_37_341.jpg

Poor job, ruined all his gear. 

I have killed many people, I lost count. But all of them where not KoS. In fact I try to be very friendly and offer them my stuff for free but then they wack and axe on my face so I am forced to shoot them. People kill just for that sake of killing, I literley offered my weapons and food to them but no, the chose to try to kill me, well they failed.

In the mod, couldn't remember. March 2012 was a long time ago. For the standalone, I think it was my 2nd day in game. I was looting the hangars at the NWAF and this geared joker starts sprinting across the runway from the southwest barracks. I observe him for a while and he starts running towards me. Needless to say I rewarded him with some SKS rounds for his trouble. He might have been friendly but I learned long ago in the mod that you just dont run at people, especially at the NWAF.

My first was a boxing match in a piano house. Was looting & minding my own biz, & he came in behind me. He clocked me once as i was turning around. I went to first person, & dodged a couple hits, then landed 2 hits to the head. He had to have landed 1 too because we both went down, I got up first though & when i came to, started his beat down. After I got him down he never got up. I removed his gear & beat him on the back of the head just to make sure he was gone, didnt know to check his pulse.

today I maked my first kill in dayz EVER and I am very sad about because I try always to do what my mum teached me about always try to be nice to people and fighting is ok IF YOU HAVE NO CHOICE but you should try to solving problem what happen in calm way and with words but this guy HE GIVE ME NO CHOICES.

when I was run from elektro to airport in the north I was lost but I seen 2 guys run into the green house so I walking outside and say in direct 'hey guys can you halp me find the airport please?' and one guy said ok but put the gun on the floor. 'I said I will do it if you doing the same because I don't know if you will steal it and kill me or maybe you are good guys but I don't know so I will keep my gun thankyou and I stay behind the rock

so I roll behind the rock

another guy with a gun said I really must put away the gun before they come from the house so I told an lie and say I don't have ammo which is not the best way to behav and I feel sorry for lying but it is not real life so is not real lie, they come out and say 'what airport you want?' and I say the north one and they laugh and say but there is 2 in the north you noob but I didn't know that because I didn't see EVERY PIECE OF THE MAP AND REMEMBER LIKE A MAGIC SHOW so I said please tell me and I will go there to the best airport and they said north west is best one.

ok, so please where is north west airport? I am starting to get annoy but they laugh and both guys tell me different direction so I know one is lying but I don't know what one is liar, ok I say forget it I will just go to that town in the hill. so I roll away from the rock and then one of the guys shoots at me I said 'HEY COME ON WE MADE A DEAL ABOUT NO SHOOTING' and his friend agrees and say 'don't kill him he is a noob' but this made me more angry so I killed him with a headshot and his friend ran to the house again and closed the door and shouted insult

I was talking outside about importance of honour and never say one thing and doing different because then nobody respect what you say and he said what about ammo bullshit??? and I was ashame because it is true I lied then tried to tell him don't lie so I alpologised and said 'you are right I did lie I am sorry' he said it is ok.

then I ran to the town in the hill and found binoculars and a new backpack and now I am a murderer and I don't know how to feel about I just want to tell you guys and maybe god will forgive and my mum also rest in pease

Edited by Shrub Rocketeer ™

Haven't played for that long ( 20 hours ) - but had to kill for the first time last night. In Berezino, spotted a guy on the roof of police station, chatted with him - he had no weapon ( except a hoe ) so went in and met him upstairs. Was casually chatting when a guy ran up the stairs and took a shot at me with a Mosin, thankfully he missed and I put him down with my M4. Let the new guy take his weapons and gear, and then parted ways.

Killed a bandit, and gave a new player some gear - so worked out well

My first kill (I think) was in the north-west side of the map, in the airfireld up north. I was looting one of the barracks, then suddenly someone started shooting at my outside. I ran to cover around the stairs, pulled out my 1911, and shot once I saw him. He fell to the ground, but before I could do anything more, I was unconcious, then 2 sec later, dead. I don't know if I killed him, but I think I did. I heard another shot after I was dead, probably another guy in his company. He didn't even try to communicate.

As of now, I have 35 hours of gameplay (still fairly new to the game). I had M4 with 6 mags and 300 ammo. FNX 45 with half an ammo box with .45 rounds. Full camo gear (TTsKO, vest, helmet and hunting backpack), and plenty of food. I met two guys as I was looting one of the hangars on again, the north-west airfield. I said I was friendly, took a while before they replied back. Put away my M4, gave them water and stuff. After that, one guy now tried to handcuff me, or knock me unconcious. I ran away, but they followed. So I stopped to talk to them. I shot a zombie, bandaged me, and was now unconcious (from 1 zombie hit? Don't think so). I saw my M4 was removed from my toolbar (1, 2 ,3 etc.), and I got up. I thought they revived me, but as I got up, I got 10 bullets to the face. I am now a minor-bandit (or a very careful player, don't know yet), but not a kill on sight bandit. I will avoid anyone that I see, but will kill anyone and everyone that sees me at close range. I don't like it, but that's how it's got to be, when I get killed for being hero.

To sum everything up: I'm not a KOS bandit, at least I don't think I am. Again, I will avoid anyone, and kill if I get threatened. I will help freshly spawned (even think I would help them out if they are being attacked by players, depending on the gear and weapons I have), but will mostly avoid geared up survivors.

Here's my full story if this one above got your attention: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/200169-hero-or-bandit/

I don't want to become a bandit. I want to become a respected hero. Any groups out there willing to have me, I will be glad to join.

Valar morghulis.

Edited by Pyjamas
  • Like 1

My first kill in DayZ SA came about 15 hours into playing the game. I was at the NWAF searching for loot during the night time, I had just left the south barracks and was making way across the AF to the firestation, when I could hear shots ring out from the northern end of the AF were the tents are located. I quickly ducked into the fire station and moved up the tower in the firestation to see if I could see anyone and plan my route around them, lone behold I get to the top and a server hopper spawns in. I tell him to drop his weapon or I will kill him. He promptly pulls out his pistol. This is followed by me putting two SKS rounds into his face.

The guy had an M4 with all of the attachments in pristine condition, 6 med bags, 3 ammo boxes, and some assorted food and water. Was not thrilled with having to kill him, but he left me no choice. I took his gun, one ammo box, 1 med bag and the food and moved off. Have not run accross another player since then.