pistaaaa

Your first kill

Ive yet to kill anyone. I dont really meet that many people in game, not too sure why.

No kills as of yet (100+ hours).  I (like some others have said) mostly skulk around and keep to myself, trying to find the stuff I need to survive.  When I do encounter other survivors (and it hasn't happened to many times) I often take up a position of advantage (to protect myself) and open dialogue.

First player I killed was a guy just running around in a remote village looting buildings.  He attracted a good 3-4 zombies and while he was dealing with them I shot and killed him.  I felt a bit bad after, but it was the first time I saw another player while I had a gun.

I mostly shoot everyone now.

I had been on a high pop server dying constantly - bandits got me on the road using an unarmed guy as bait, I was taken hostage shortly after and killed, then two fresh spawns boxed me down to death (I was a fresh spawn too). I spawned and found a fire extinguisher, and while in a house heard a dude upstairs eating. I waited and he came down and didn't see me and was looking on a shelf - and I bashed him on the back of the head, he fell and was like, "Oh man, really??? Come on..." As I continued to bash him until I was sure he was dead I felt kinda bad, he might have been a survivor or hero type and not a bandit, but I'd had a really rough evening and was just assuming it was a kill or be killed type of night. At least I got an SKS from his corpse!

I went on a bandit path for a little time but didn't KoS the only time I did was when there was no other choice but my first one was in self defense I was in cherno in the mod version drinking when  a guy with an axe came in I shot him in the chest with an enfield he must've been low on blood because he died in one shot that or it's a one hit kill up close I can never tell anyway that's my story

Wait, and I reading this right?

1. TonyMahony
  2. Sokak
  3. Ben_uk
  4. cuwe

You've never killed anyone? At what looked like 30+, 40+, and 100+ range hours played? Wow, that's impressive. And I thought I played rather passive. I think there's a few groups out there that are heroes only you might fit in well with, kudos! It's not a bad thing, people who aren't solely KOS are what helps make DayZ tolerable.

I bought the game about 4 days ago & I think I have about 35-40 hours logged so far (went hard as I was off work for a week). My first kill was about 10 hours into the game or so, on my first day. I had gotten quite geared, had a SKS & headed up to the NEAF. It was a low pop server (as I wanted to get used to the game), so I headed to the barracks beside the ATC tower & heard someone drinking upstairs as I entered. I pulled my SKS out, aimed down the sights & slowly peaked around the corner. I wasn't expecting to see him at the top of the stairs (thought he was in the room being safe) & I guess we both startled each other. He fired, I fired & when the dust settled, he was dead & I was bloody. I tried saying sorry over the mic, as he scared the crap outta me, but he was already dead. I've gotten used to being a LOT more cautious now.

I had my first kill.
I'm really not proud of it.
After being pounched out and shot several times I was extremely paranoid. Had a loaded sks at last and felt the itch to kill.
Tried to team up with a guy, gave him my pristine firefighter axe as a token of friendship. He came with me with another guy who was silent. I was afraid those two might team up on me, so I said bye and hit the road, but the silent guy kept following me.
I asked him if he needed anything. He told me in chat to give him my gun. I got mad and shot him. He had no gear so I didn't really felt bad about it at the moment.

A couple of miles down the road i hid in a tree to check my map and got axed to death.

And i feel terrible about it. I shot a guy 'cause i hate people who play the game without a mic, and he asked for my gun. His fists were not even raised.

have never kosd took me probably 100+ hours before I killed anyone. Then I got 4 or 5 kills in a week.

First confirmed kill was midnight "gamma maxed" 4 people on the server,we where heading uphill to logout when bam close range a grey blob appears "friendly friendly don't shoot" i yell but this dude was full tard and started blasting off 357 killed my mate then as he reloaded I threw some lead in his direction...he was unconscious so I berated him a while then put him down got an m4 and 3 mags...if he'd had it out he could of got us both.since then we more or less KOS anyone with a gun out if we're seen but we Always bean up a bambi...for karma I Suppose

Today is a special day. I celebrated my first non-kill! While learning the game pretty much every encounter I have been in with other players, friendly or otherwise has been the result of me being ambushed, all unawares. Luckily many times the other person was openly friendly. For about half of the time I had been playing I was tinkering with video settings which appears to had significantly cut down my view distance when not zooming, which left me unknowingly oblivious to other players that I should have seen... In any case I soon fixed that and I was spotting players, however a bad ambush experience from some KoS players that I narrowly escaped left me scarred to the point that even when I saw someone I stalked them but never risked contact.

A couple days ago I decided to knuckle up and see who I'd see along the coastal roads on reasonably full servers. Electro was a ghost town so I cut across to Solnichy and started heading North. I was scoping the road North and South but didn't see anyone, so I decided to move up along the trees to the cement/glass factory. Checking it out I was on the 2nd floor finding it had been pretty much looted when I spotted someone passing just outside the window. What a rush! Looked to be a relatively fresh spawn and alone so I quickly headed downstairs, pulled out my .45 and flanked around the building he looked to be headed for.  Waited a moment and he came around the corner to stare down my barrel where I told him to "hold it". He complied by shouldering his axe and waving, but he didn't have a mic. Somewhat unnerving being a bit out in the open and not knowing if he was on Teamspeak with someone so I lowered the pistol, waved, and replied to his direct chat before heading off back to the trees. I continued North checking to see that he didn't follow me. As I approached Niz I spotted him again running along the road. I watched from the trees for a while to make sure he was alone, then decided to head into town and led him to some opened canned food, a can opener and a canteen I'd put on the road.

So finally, an encounter where I was prepared, collected, and in control! I much prefer the idea of using the can opener in such a situation rather than the .45.

• Like 2

Had my first kill two nights ago. Was walking along and heard someone talking.. poor guy was crawling on the ground with a broken leg. I told him I would go around and try to find a stick and make a splint but he told me to just take out my bat and end his life... we chatted for just a bit and I told him he was going to be the first person I had ever killed in DayZ. We said goodbye and he thanked me.

That was my first kill.. nothing fancy but not probably the normal first kill encounter people have.

• Like 1

My first kill was at balota with a SKS back when the SKS was a piece of shit.
Some guy looting was so oblivious running towards me whilst I was hiding in a bush inbetween the ATC and those warehouses, As he got close I popped up and took at least 7 shots at him until I knocked him out, I then went up to his body without reloading, realized he was unconscious and started to wack him with an axe. Finally killed him and after I did, he started saying "IM RECORDING MAN, YOU TELEPORTING HACKING SCUM FAGGOT" I then replied with "you're just mad" and ironically he then called me mad and said I'd get VAC banned and logged so I couldn't loot his shit. I guess that's the mentality you'd expect when 80% of the fan base are dumb fucks.

i don't kill ever. i'm so sick of kos'ing that i've literally made it a mission to never kos ever. those fucking assholes ruin the game.

• Like 1

My first kill came on my first official day of playing Day Z, which was yesterday. I was northeast in Svetlojarsk(?) and was sneaking around in the city, being very cautious of the zombies(because I did my research and heard about them running through walls) so I wouldn't aggro one. I hear a zombie growl nearby, so I panic and just start running. I turn the corner and see the zombie in the middle of the street, getting his face smashed in by some guy wearing a cowboy hat, wielding a crowbar. He kills the zombie and I turns and looks at me. Since this was my first player encounter in Day Z standalone, I wave and approach him slowly. He still has his crowbar raised so I stay back a little and ask if he needs anything. He just typed, "No" and ran off. I ask if he wants to team up and he says, "No, I am waiting on a friend." So we part ways and I walk into an apartment complex and start looting the place. I get to the very top and realize none of the doors open so I am about to head down when I hear footsteps coming up the stairs. It's that same guy with the cowboy hat and he has me backed against a wall and he is coming at me with a crowbar. So I pull out my crowbar and we proceed to have the LONGEST crowbar fight in this small, blocked off area at the top of the steps in an apartment building. I swear we hit each other like 30 times with our crowbars. I finally get the winning strike and he falls over, but I don't think he was dead. Pissed off, I just continue to bash his face in with the crowbar until I am certain he is dead. I search his body and he had a loaded Magnum and a few cans of food. 

No idea why he challenged me with a crowbar when he had a loaded Magnum on him. Oh well, I got a cowboy hat and a loaded Magnum out of it.,

i don't kill ever. i'm so sick of kos'ing that i've literally made it a mission to never kos ever. those fucking assholes ruin the game.

There is worse than that. Posing as friendly to get an easy kill.

I just avoid "friendly" servers now, and play on a server called "kill or be killed" At least this way i won't get disappointed.

I've played the mod since about release, and my first kill was something I won't forget. 

The grocery store in Chernogorsk... I was waiting for an ambush as I entered cautiously. I was right! Someone fired at me without question, three shots zinging by my virtual ears. I shot back on instinct in the general direction of the gun-smoke coming from the door behind the butcher counter. Couldn't believe I hit him at first, as they were random panic shots...

"Please man, PLEASE! Don't kill me!" he yelled into his microphone, "I thought you were a zombie!".

"I'm sure you did." I replied with extreme optimism.

I crept slowly out from behind the shelf of canned goods to see him lying on the ground, gun empty and bleeding from his legs.

"I swear man," he tried to reassure me, "you never know with this game. Please, don't kill me. Please."

I've been killed by enough people in this game pretending to be friendly. That's when it hit me, I couldn't play this game the way I had been since I started. In order to survive, I would have to change my thought process and friendly nature in order to adapt to such a harsh in-game environment and community. I wasn't going to take any chances this time.

"I'm sorry." I said into my mic upon this realization, "I have to."

"Fuck man, are you serious?" he said back to me. "You don't have to do it. I can give all my loot, man. Please!"

I couldn't think of anything to say to the guy, as his the expression in his voice screamed that of sincerity. My heart dropped into my stomach. Maybe he really did think I was a zombie, or even a bandit for that matter, but I had already made my resolve.

"I'm sorry." I said again.

"Well shit man... I'm sorry too." he said on last time. The sound of acceptance in his voice was eerie and extremely haunting. (I know this is just a game, but it can evoke some strong emotions if all the right elements are in place.)

I walked up to him laying there helpless, and shot him in the head. I'll never forget how it made me feel. It was the hardest online gaming moment of my life.

Since then, it's gotten easier with each time I defend myself and kill another unfriendly player. Sometimes even firing first just for peace of mind. Which makes me think back, and give some sort of retroactive apology to my first kill. He was only trying to survive, like me.

• Like 5

Have to be honest, I kill anyone when I feel threatened in one way or another. I'll try to avoid it but when I have no choice I pull the trigger.

Yesterday North East airfield with a friend who's new to the game, we were in one of the hangars at nighttime (on some exp. server), I got lucky catching a glimpse of someone stalking us in the grass (he ducked as he spotted us, probably pissing his pants as much as we were lol). I gave him a long time to move on but he didn't, he kept down in the grass looking over (hardcore server), I managed to sneak out unnoticed and flanked him, as I didn't have a gun.. snuck up behind him and axed him, he didn't have anything on him except a chovel and some food, he probably was friendly.. but his long lurking presence seemed really fishy, I didn't want to take any risk, I thought he had a gun and was ready to shoot us, I would have tried to communicate if I were in a better position but we were stuck like rats in a cage.

When you're friendly it doesn't mean you shouldn't be cautious, try to approach players in a safe way, don't stalk them etc.. it gets you killed.

I killed a lot of people, but im mostly friendly.

Btw, first the kill of SA or mod and sa?

it was a few days into the game, started getting the hang of it and decided I could help out or point the way to new spawns...

sitting on the 2nd floor of the construction site and I see a guy with a crowbar wearing a helmet, pants and no shirt.. so I assumed he'd escaped from zombies and used his tshirt.

since I had a big pack with just a few bits of food in it and an axe I was set to go inland and survive.

he runs up to the floor I'm on and I stand up and do the wave-tilt-thumbs-up-friendly dance and he does the same., ok he's cool so I tell him there's a giant mountain pack behind those bricks and show him where. he looks at it a second then my screen flashes grey!

that sumumabitch is tryin to kill me!!?!

I barely manage to take out my axe, bleeding already and we strafed and ran around in circles (yakety sax playing in my head) till he finally fell face down. checked his pulse.. no pulse... whew!!

I was so amped up I almost forgot to bandage myself

There is worse than that. Posing as friendly to get an easy kill.

I just avoid "friendly" servers now, and play on a server called "kill or be killed" At least this way i won't get disappointed.

So wait, This is supposed to be a REALISTIC zombie SURVIVAL PVP game. You seriously implying if this shit really happened, nobody would lie? That shit makes it fucking interesting, same with people who KOS. Get's the adrenaline pumping when it turns out they aren't as friendly as they said. I hate those people who say bandits and KOS ruin the game, yes I know the element of interacting as gone waaay down when the mod was released but that's what was expected when the game got popular. 

My first solo kill (that I can remember) was either a sniper that was poaching new spawns or some dude with an M4 and gas mask who was stupidly eating in a prison building on an airfield. 

The first actual kill I witnessed was when me and a friend were trekking across open ground and saw some guy run out of the small military camp in the west, we dropped to ground and took a warning shot, he sprinted off so we moved across to the wall. As we turned to enter the camp, said guy was on his way back after dropping off his backpack, he went to his knees as we asked him to get down and stop moving. We were going to let him go, but he was a mouthy irritating southerner who wouldn't shut up about his crew coming. My friend put one in his skull and then the server restarted. 

Nowadays I just tend to avoid people, I will KOS someone who looks like a bandit, but I aim to help new spawns get out of the kill zones where they tend to spawn.  

I probably had about 50 hours into the game and was fully kitted up, but getting low on 5.56 ammo. I was in a small village near the shipwreck jogging along, when I hear footsteps right behind me. I turn my head to look over my right shoulder, it's a fresh spawn(with small back pack) swinging away. I told him I was friendly over and over, but he kept swinging and not communicating. He got two bursts center mass from my M4. I don't feel too guilty, gave him plenty of chances not to be a douche.

I got swarmed by zombies, found I was out of ammo, no hand gun, a fire axe that was glitching out, so I took off running. I hopped severs to get my fire axe working again, looted the ship wreck and found a Mosin and a magnum. I had a PU scope/ ammo for the Mosin, a speed loader/ ammo for the magnum. All set to run the coast... 5 minutes later running the coast I hear two bursts from an M4, YOU ARE DEAD.