Baklavah

Weapon condition, ammo spawns and bandoliers

Hello everyone. Been a while since I've posted... I've been waiting for the update that is apparently still under development. Anywho. I have a few ideas that just came to me... so I'm going to throw those out there!

Weapon condition. Doesn't really degrade all that fast. Makes repair kits worthless in my opinion. Needs to degrade MUCH faster, but at a fair rate dependant on the weapon. Sniper rifles are powerful, firing huge-caliber rounds. They need to degrade fast. This would also discourage those who sit atop a hill with 200 rounds of mosin ammo from sniping for an entire day. I realize you're bored, but you shouldn't get rewarded for it. Semi-automatic rifles are fairly powerful depending on the caliber. Larger calibers should degrade their respective weapons faster than others. Automatic rifles, like the M4 or AK, should degrade fast when the trigger is just held down. Firing in 3-round bursts would help mitigate that degradation rate and punish those with trigger-happy thoughts. Shotguns, also powerful, would also have to degrade relatively quickly. Pistols, would also degrade at a speed dependant on their calibers. .22LRs should degrade their weapons much slower than weapons firing much larger calibers.

Now that I've made that point abundantly clear... weapon condition would be incomplete without that real-life effect we all know and love/hate! Weapon Jamming! I was thinking it would work in a staged system. Stage 1, weapon is in "excellent/good" condition and has no chance of jamming whatsoever. Stage 2, weapon is in "damaged" condition and has a 25% chance of jamming per shot. Stage 3, weapon is in "bad" condition and has a 50% chance of jamming per shot. Stage 4, weapon is in "badly damaged" condition and has a 75% chance of jamming per shot. Stage 5, weapon is "ruined" and can no longer fire. I realize this means they'd have to add in a 6th condition (being "bad"), but it would make things far more interesting. That said... next topic.

Weapon Repair Kits. If weapon jamming were to be implemented, the abundant amount of WRKs would need to be thinned out, meaning their spawns should be cut by about 3/4s. This would do 3 things. 1) People would scramble to keep their weapons in good condition (forcing them out of their comfort zones). 2) Campers and KoS CoD kiddies would be forced to make loot runs for WRKs potentially getting their dumb asses killed (everyone who's ever suffered deaths at the hands of these morons will agree with me). And finally... 3) The value of weapons would skyrocket and everyone will find an excuse NOT to shoot for absolutely no reason.

Next up, Ammo Spawns. I'm all for loose ammo being all over the place. However, not in full stacks. 1-5 rounds in a stack where ammo should spawn is fine by me. Full "ammunition packages" should have their spawns reduced. Clips and speed loaders should be spawning EMPTY with a 5% chance to spawn with a random amount of ammunition in them. This would represent "Zombie Apocalypse" more accurately. Besides, what military base leaves FULL ammunition in every single clip on a base during a state of emergency? None.

And finally, the topic I've been saving for last. Ammo Bandoliers. Unfortunately, vests cover a lot of area and putting ammo in them is silly considering you get shot a couple of times and if you survive everything in your vest is completely @#$%ed. Same with pants and jackets. An ammo bandolier covers much less area, like the chest holster, making them ideal for carrying your ammunition without much risk of them getting hit. This would work especially well if they were programmed not as a "layer" but rather as an item with a specific area of coverage consistent with its design. It's a possible thing to program, don't even say it isn't. We're not in the early 90s anymore. Each "pocket" would be able to house an individual clip, speed loader or grenade (which I'm sure they'll add in one day). Things it would NOT be able to hold include food, loose ammo (lookin at you Mosin Users), drinks, canteens, flashlights, batteries, can openers, sticks, meds of any kind, bandages, etc etc. Only clips, speed loaders and/or grenades.

Well then, I've said my rather large piece. I'd like to hear your opinions everyone! Well, except the incoming negative opinions of everyone who thinks the disadvantages I've listed are too unfair and prevent them from KoSing all day every day. Those people can go play in traffic. :)

Edited by Baklavah

Nothing is final ammo spawns will be reduced weapons will degrade faster and there will be more cloths such as bandoilers

Nothing is final ammo spawns will be reduced weapons will degrade faster and there will be more cloths such as bandoilers

The suggestions still stand :P they're good ideas.

ammo spawns will be reduced weapons will degrade faster 

Source?

Hello everyone. Been a while since I've posted... I've been waiting for the update that is apparently still under development. Anywho. I have a few ideas that just came to me... so I'm going to throw those out there!

Weapon condition. Doesn't really degrade all that fast. Makes repair kits worthless in my opinion. Needs to degrade MUCH faster, but at a fair rate dependant on the weapon. Sniper rifles are powerful, firing huge-caliber rounds. They need to degrade fast. This would also discourage those who sit atop a hill with 200 rounds of mosin ammo from sniping for an entire day. I realize you're bored, but you shouldn't get rewarded for it. Semi-automatic rifles are fairly powerful depending on the caliber. Larger calibers should degrade their respective weapons faster than others. Automatic rifles, like the M4 or AK, should degrade fast when the trigger is just held down. Firing in 3-round bursts would help mitigate that degradation rate and punish those with trigger-happy thoughts. Shotguns, also powerful, would also have to degrade relatively quickly. Pistols, would also degrade at a speed dependant on their calibers. .22LRs should degrade their weapons much slower than weapons firing much larger calibers.

Now that I've made that point abundantly clear... weapon condition would be incomplete without that real-life effect we all know and love/hate! Weapon Jamming! I was thinking it would work in a staged system. Stage 1, weapon is in "excellent/good" condition and has no chance of jamming whatsoever. Stage 2, weapon is in "damaged" condition and has a 25% chance of jamming per shot. Stage 3, weapon is in "bad" condition and has a 50% chance of jamming per shot. Stage 4, weapon is in "badly damaged" condition and has a 75% chance of jamming per shot. Stage 5, weapon is "ruined" and can no longer fire. I realize this means they'd have to add in a 6th condition (being "bad"), but it would make things far more interesting. That said... next topic.

Weapon Repair Kits. If weapon jamming were to be implemented, the abundant amount of WRKs would need to be thinned out, meaning their spawns should be cut by about 3/4s. This would do 3 things. 1) People would scramble to keep their weapons in good condition (forcing them out of their comfort zones). 2) Campers and KoS CoD kiddies would be forced to make loot runs for WRKs potentially getting their dumb asses killed (everyone who's ever suffered deaths at the hands of these morons will agree with me). And finally... 3) The value of weapons would skyrocket and everyone will find an excuse NOT to shoot for absolutely no reason.

Next up, Ammo Spawns. I'm all for loose ammo being all over the place. However, not in full stacks. 1-5 rounds in a stack where ammo should spawn is fine by me. Full "ammunition packages" should have their spawns reduced. Clips and speed loaders should be spawning EMPTY with a 5% chance to spawn with a random amount of ammunition in them. This would represent "Zombie Apocalypse" more accurately. Besides, what military base leaves FULL ammunition in every single clip on a base during a state of emergency? None.

And finally, the topic I've been saving for last. Ammo Bandoliers. Unfortunately, vests cover a lot of area and putting ammo in them is silly considering you get shot a couple of times and if you survive everything in your vest is completely @#$%ed. Same with pants and jackets. An ammo bandolier covers much less area, like the chest holster, making them ideal for carrying your ammunition without much risk of them getting hit. This would work especially well if they were programmed not as a "layer" but rather as an item with a specific area of coverage consistent with its design. It's a possible thing to program, don't even say it isn't. We're not in the early 90s anymore. Each "pocket" would be able to house an individual clip, speed loader or grenade (which I'm sure they'll add in one day). Things it would NOT be able to hold include food, loose ammo (lookin at you Mosin Users), drinks, canteens, flashlights, batteries, can openers, sticks, meds of any kind, bandages, etc etc. Only clips, speed loaders and/or grenades.

Well then, I've said my rather large piece. I'd like to hear your opinions everyone! Well, except the incoming negative opinions of everyone who thinks the disadvantages I've listed are too unfair and prevent them from KoSing all day every day. Those people can go play in traffic. :)

I agree with everything you said completely, except for the ammo clips idea. You have to remember that in a zombie apocalypse, people most likely didn't see it coming. The military bases would have scrambled to get out and start shooting, they wouldn't have worried about picking up every single clip. same with all loot. otherwise you wouldn't find random items all over the floor of a house. Other then that though, all great ideas, would make guns more realistic and would reduce Cod Kiddies!

• Like 1