emigrates

Long Range Sights

Forgive me if this has already been posted, I took a peek and couldn't find this issue posted anywhere before.

My suggestion would be to mod the way the Long Range Sights work, currently to zoom in on an object with the LRS requires you to hold the right mouse button (also the button to hold your breath to steady the rifle) so by the time the LRS has fully zoomed and you're on target, you have such little time to actually fire a shot at the target before you're out of breath and your rifle is no longer steady. How about using the middle mouse button to zoom in, then having to use the right mouse button to steady your breath allowing you to zoom on target and then hold your breath when you're ready to fire? 

Or right click to zoom and hold to steady breath.

Yeah that'd be better than the current system - but what about moving and when you're not aiming down sight?

You can simply rebind the keys - Or use the + and - keys on the numerical keypad to zoom with

You can simply rebind the keys - Or use the + and - keys on the numerical keypad to zoom with

Does this work? I assumed Zoom and Hold breath were theoretically the same action, therefore it's not just a keybind but an actual requirement to hold breath to zoom in while using the LRS. I'm not able to try it since the big move is tomorrow and I won't be online for a while, but thank you if it does!

I've been having a lot of trouble with this as well. So is it possible to remap the keys? Will be trying later tonight, anyways =)

Does this work? I assumed Zoom and Hold breath were theoretically the same action, therefore it's not just a keybind but an actual requirement to hold breath to zoom in while using the LRS. I'm not able to try it since the big move is tomorrow and I won't be online for a while, but thank you if it does!

Yes - you can rebind either zoom, or hold breath separately from each other

I have the exact opposite issue. Regardless of whether or not I bind my right click + hold to holding breath, it will always zoom, and never will hold my breath to steady my aim. It does still sound like my breath is being held, but the swaying remains the exact same. Possibly might be something to do with not being able to find the "right click to zoom" option anywhere, as I couldn't test it with unbinding that. Binding another key on the keyboard to hold breath does work though - so I end up toggling optics, then zooming with right mouse, holding down the hold breath key I bound, and firing. Perfectly honest, I felt that the extra level of zoom being tied to holding your breath like it was in the mod was more sensible, as it simulated the extra accuracy you would get from holding breath in reality - whereas the different levels of zoom on the optics were through toggling optics themselves. It also took a bit extra skill to spot targets without 'hold breath zoom'. But I guess that's all up to the individual's preference. The point is - or rather the question - is anyone else having problems with the right mouse button refusing to register as "hold breath", instead only zooming you in without the former, and has anyone found a solution?

You need to be able to quick draw and fire with a Long Range Scope?  If you're using a LRS, you're probably sniping.  If you're using a LRS to kill someone just to defend yourself then you're probably doing it wrong.

Talk about Nerco-post. I found out recently that if you right click to aim down sight, use the + on Num Lock pad or the - to zoom in/out respectively. The advantage of using this is that you will not need to hold the right mouse button at all, you tap it once to aim down sight, use the +/- to zoom in/out and take your shot when ready. Using right mouse button to steady breath when firing.

I have a mouse with 7 buttons in total, I just map on for scoping and one for holding breath, no big deal?
This feature is already in Dayz.