Sign in to follow this  
VoidingNixx

;) Hard-Hats

This game kinda blows... there, I said it!

Mods, feel free to move this thread to the graveyard, since fanboi's will be fanboi's...

It seems the Dev's wish to win people over with useless crap such as weapons and clothing, instead of fixing serious issues.  How many patches have they released now, just trying to deal with the lag?  There is still so much lag in the game and rubberbanding.  Trying to draw/switch weapons takes forever, eating food/bandaging finishes the animations, but takes like 60 seconds to finish the process.

Also, doesn't seem any measures are being taken for the glitching/hacking, which is running RAMPANT in this game.  People being in the hidden room in the jails is common place.  I don't know how many speed hackers I've seen, where they move faster than me sprinting while they're in the prone.

The time between the patches, and how little the patches actually deliver, is quite laughable.  It takes them 1-2 months to add a pair of semi-broken binoculars, a broken composite bow, and a crossbow.  Seriously, where are the fixes for performance?  If you are a programmer for a living, and you have a product, this should be one of your TOP PRIORITIES, is having something which runs correctly and smoothly.  Screw all the eye-candy.  I want something playable.

In the end, this is a game which some 'modders' are trying to create, but I don't think they'll ever have the skill to pull it off.  The results they've shown thus far compared to all the talk they've given, does not match.  They can tell me all they want how much awesome this game will be, but they've not shown it yet, not even close.

For an alpha, all I see is a copy + paste from the mod, onto an engine which is not there own, with minor cosmetic changes.  Nothing has really been fixed or improved, and I doubt it ever will.  There are so many little things which they could fix immediately, which would not be hard to code, or implement temporarily until they have a more stable and working system, but they lack the common sense to carry forth with working systems.  Example:  They now have an 'Eat All' in the game, where is the 'Drink All'?  FFS, how much more difficult is this to add?  The code should pratically be the same.  It's just pure laziness on the side of the developers, either that, or bad foresight.

But don't worry guys, next patch, a couple newly colored hard-hats, and maybe, the composite bow which 'should have' already been in and working since last patch, will get fixed, so all is well! ;)

do you know what testing is? how many games have you alpha tested, and how many threads like this do you think there are?

uninstal dayz now, and dotn come back, thanks.

Edited by qww

Don´t want to be an Alpha reminder, but I believe there are at least three warnings from the moment you click the steam page... THIS IS ALPHA IT WILL SUCK, our only purpose is to help the devs make the game... If you can´t deal with that, just wait a few months for the game to go beta, than you enjoy it a little more.

It's just pure laziness on the side of the developers

Please understand that Alpha means. Alpha means adding content, whilst Beta is for fixing the bugs for the final release.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/195461-fix-your-game/?p=1968666

Also do understand that we embrace constructive feedback, which the feedback / bugtracker is for, but uninformed rants assuming stuff you don't know will not be tolerated.