Harri

Zombies running through walls?

Well I got chased by two zombies, thought the

Police station would be a good place to hide, I'd just simply close the door. But to my suprise, the zombies just slid through the wall like there was nothing there and ripped me to pieces. Is this a regular thing or just an odd bug?

Its a regular bug.

The zeds at the minute are pretty much placeholders, they have a new team working at completely redoing the zombie Ai.

^

and its gonna be a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time before anything is done about those superpower zeds

don't expect zeds to not be op before 2014 ends

edit: thought it would be helpful to let you know those zeds have other abilities such as:

noclip (as you mentioned)

fly

invisibility

hit you from the other side of the map, walls and ceilings (going to 3rd floor wont be helpful)

god (1 hit ko at green energized)

also, if you have to face zeds without any gun, hit them while ur running in circle

Edited by bioned
  • Like 1

^

and its gonna be a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time before anything is done about those superpower zeds

don't expect zeds to not be op before 2014 ends

edit: thought it would be helpful to let you know those zeds have other abilities such as:

noclip (as you mentioned)

fly

invisibility

hit you from the other side of the map, walls and ceilings (going to 3rd floor wont be helpful)

god (1 hit ko at green energized)

also, if you have to face zeds without any gun, hit them while ur running in circle

Where do you get your facts?

Zeds are being worked on at this very moment. When the noclip is fixed, I hope they make them even more dangerous as they're far too easy to deal with atm.

Police station would be a good place to hide, I'd just simply close the door. But to my suprise, the zombies just slid through the wall like there was nothing there and ripped me to pieces. Is this a regular thing or just an odd bug?

Expect it to change soon.

What about the Path finding?

This is being worked on by a new studio we setup in Bratislava. Previously, we spent several months trying to make the current system work. Once we were finished with that work, we decided it would be easier to start again and write a new system – than to try and make the current engine system work better. This is a serious undertaking, and as I have said in the last two devblogs, we are close to testing early parts of this new system out on experimental. I’ve overviewed the new collision system developed at bratislava and it blew my mind. A procedural system as part of packing the game raycasts to generate the navmesh in grid across entire terrain. This means navmesh is generated for the entire map, including buildings and trees and fences. The data was almost completely clean. It was beautiful. What happens now is our programmers use this new system, with a new method, to ensure that zombies only walk on this global navmesh. This will revolutionize the zombies, imo. It not only changes their behavior but reduces their performance overhead. The engine only needs to check if the zombie is inside the navmesh and not to constantly raycast for geometry collision. This does not solve dynamic objects (other players, zombies, animals), but we can deal with that next (source).

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/195351-rockets-answers-to-reddit-questions/

Edited by kichilron

Zeds are being worked on at this very moment. When the noclip is fixed, I hope they make them even more dangerous as they're far too easy to deal with atm.

dayz zombies are tough as fuck, id rather fight them with pool cues.

I don't get how people say the zeds are OP. they are incredibly easy.  They can't hit for crap, and the only thing they have going for them is they can walk through walls, which isn't even that big of a deal... they are still easy.

• Like 1

A single zombie doesn't present a challenge if you aim for the head and keep attacking when they go down, multiple zombies pose more of a challenge (as they should) but can still be dealt with if you're careful

Besidea the common bugs, do the zeds still run as fast as usain bolt? (Or how do you write that guys name)

Until it is fixed there are only 2 ways to real with a zombie.

Run away

Or

Kill him

Getting inside houses and closing doors will not work. Just grab a melee weapon and kill him in the head.

FYI running wont help unless you use objects buildings etc to get the Zeke stuck on.

Whats the ETA? rockets reddit threads are fun and all but tend to be very 'concepty' and throwing around ideas he likes and want to see in the game...

as for dates for us guys eager for the changes where is any hints or glimmers of hope?

Absolutely nothing. The only thing I've heard where any dates are said is the video interview where the zombie AI Pathfinding update was not really specified and just given a Q2/ Q 3/ Q4..basically could be anytime upto 2015,,.which isn't soon as you said.,..so what is the ETA for soon?

I for one will miss this "bug" once it is gone. You see if a zombie came at me I could bring em inside cover/a house no problem. This allowed me to stop or control the number of zombies I would have to fight. The other zombies would less of a chance of seeing or hearing me. Another thing it helps with is making sure you are safe from the possible KOS player just seeing you in the middle of town going at it with a horde of zombies. While leaving you open perfectly to the nice bullets he wants you to have.

ya kidding me?

this game is 90% glitch 

9% KOS

and 1% working as intended / fun

at least they diddnt make us rebuy the same game twice..

OH WAIT

Can easily solo 3-4 Zeds with nothing but fists. Quit crying.

I agree.... I've never been crazily attacked by any zombie... It's a simple matter of circle and swing..... Or pop a cap in their ass.

ya kidding me?

this game is 90% glitch 

9% KOS

and 1% working as intended / fun

at least they diddnt make us rebuy the same game twice..

OH WAIT

You know the part of the game that makes you click on "I understand"?   Did you even bother to read that? Quit whining!!!

Walking through the door is bad, but considering they were able to hurt you, is a progress. Every damn zed which followed me into a police station, got stuck in the floor and was neutralized. While I can live with the fact, that the zeds are able to open and close a door at the speed of light, it is disturbing for them to be able to walk through the floor. So far I have not really seen a zed walk through walls, but very often through doors, which were closed. In my eyes they should slam against the door until it pops open or breaks completely.

its a WELL known bug, hopefully that will fix it soon.

FYI running wont help unless you use objects buildings etc to get the Zeke stuck on.

That is not true. You can easily outrun a zombie. Even if you run in a straight line, as the player still runs a lot faster than a zombie.

Of course if you are carrying 2 primaries you won't sprint as fast, and then it is a bit more difficult to outrun them. Anyway, just run down a slope, they will fall over and die if they try to attack you there.