Sign in to follow this  
Gaidoon

Family Mechanic[Serious Thread]

I really am starting to wonder where this desire comes from. I want to get to the bottom of it. Maybe every proponent has an MMO background, or D&D, or recent break-up?

Look, you can easily say that I'm being homophobic so you don't have to address my argument or, you can actually read the following and think FIRST, then respond.

Not accounting for actual women who play this game (a meager minority in my years of experience with Arma), what man is going to want to create a female character so that he can be your 'wife'-like-thing in game? Would you really want to do that? Because, for me, this game is a simulator (arma2 that is) so I play it as if it were actually ME behind the gun. That is the appeal. What is the appeal of playing the game as someone's babymomma?

Not saying that families aren't an interesting aspect of post-apocalyptic life. But I just don't understand how anyone would argue that they have ANY place in THIS game?

Also, cause I thought it was funny:

V9Zrg.jpg

I really am starting to wonder where this desire comes from. I want to get to the bottom of it. Maybe every proponent has an MMO background' date=' or D&D, or recent break-up?

Look, you can easily say that I'm being homophobic so you don't have to address my argument or, you can actually read the following and think FIRST, then respond.

Not accounting for actual women who play this game (a meager minority in my years of experience with Arma), what man is going to want to create a female character so that he can be your 'wife'-like-thing in game? Would you really want to do that? Because, for me, this game is a simulator (arma2 that is) so I play it as if it were actually ME behind the gun. That is the appeal. What is the appeal of playing the game as someone's babymomma?

Not saying that families aren't an interesting aspect of post-apocalyptic life. But I just don't understand how anyone would argue that they have ANY place in THIS game?

Also, cause I thought it was funny:

[img']http://i.imgur.com/V9Zrg.jpg

Oh man that picture my sides

This thread.

It makes me want to go choke a baby bear to death' date=' and then eat it infront of its mother.

[/quote']

It seems to be a trend

This is the dumbest most ill conceived sugestion thread since the last fucking / marriage / kids / NPC family thread... And that one was a fucking doozy.

OP, you really aren't convincing us at all. Repeating "but realism" or stating that those who don't like your suggestion are trolling you are not very persuasive arguments, non?

If you did this idea you would need to work the kid crying into the factor. Nothing like running through a forest while you have a screaming child on your back.

Okay stop all the trolling you people ruined callaghans thread i don't want mine closed.