Bambi Population Control

Yesterday I played the Mod after 200 hours of Standalone.

Am I not allowed to classify myself as a DayZ fan until I play ballbusting difficulty?

Yep. Pretty much it. This game was never supposed to be easy, you can even go back and read some prior statements by rocket. This game is supposed to be like the "Road" and many other post apocalyptic style adventures. Playstyle has NOTHING TO DO WITH DIFFICULTY. What do you not get about that? If anything difficulty forces you to make decisions you may not want to make but have to so you can live. You want to be a fucking hero? Be a hero, but the game itself is going to be difficult. Playstyles don't effect the difficulty, difficulty effects playstyles, in a good way. Forces decisions you'll have to make.

Of course the mod is more difficult and challenging.  The mod is complete.  DayZ SA is far from it.

Well when you have warping AI all over the place, yeah, it is "more difficult"

When I think of Standalone, I think of "Call Of Duty: I'm Hungry Edition".

Hahahah xD..

All I read was "The point of it is to cater to every style" and lost it. There shouldn't be catering, to anything. That's the FUCKING PROBLEM.

It's supposed to be brutally hard. You should be dying and learning from your mistakes over and over again. DayZ has no fucking difficulty right now. That's the problem. The game is nothing right now. It's CoD Chernarus Zombie infestation.

I'm not sure you ever really understood what DayZ was meant to be.

P.S. Every time you use the f-bomb in your posts it makes you sound like your 12 years old. No offence, but nobody will take anything you say seriously when you talk like that.

• Like 1

I'm not sure you ever really understood what DayZ was meant to be.

P.S. Every time you use the f-bomb in your posts it makes you sound like your 12 years old. No offence, but nobody will take anything you say seriously when you talk like that.

That's the fucking point.

Edited by Daemonkid

So play the mod till the SA catches up to what you want it to be.

They're laying in the foundation to improve on everything the mod did, that doesn't mean it's automatically better.  Personally though, I think the SA is a vast improvement so far in all the departments that matter, to the point of where I haven't once gone back to the mod since the alpha launched.  And that's as some one who easily must have put close to 1000 hours into the thing.

I felt the mod was heading in the wrong direction myself, the community started adding a lot of things I didn't approve of to the point of the vanilla experience feeling like a mod itself.  With only mods of the mod left besides that, I felt I couldn't get a vanilla experience out of DayZ any more.  While I did enjoy some of the other mods, like epoch, I felt they were too divergent as well.  The SA feels a lot more to me like what vanilla DayZ was like when I started, just lacking in content.

But hey, they both exist, there's tons of options, so play what you like.  Eventually the SA will support modding as well.  Everyone wins, it doesn't have to be an either or fiasco.

So play the mod till the SA catches up to what you want it to be.

They're laying in the foundation to improve on everything the mod did, that doesn't mean it's automatically better.  Personally though, I think the SA is a vast improvement so far in all the departments that matter, to the point of where I haven't once gone back to the mod since the alpha launched.  And that's as some one who easily must have put close to 1000 hours into the thing.

I felt the mod was heading in the wrong direction myself, the community started adding a lot of things I didn't approve of to the point of the vanilla experience feeling like a mod itself.  With only mods of the mod left besides that, I felt I couldn't get a vanilla experience out of DayZ any more.  While I did enjoy some of the other mods, like epoch, I felt they were too divergent as well.  The SA feels a lot more to me like what vanilla DayZ was like when I started, just lacking in content.

But hey, they both exist, there's tons of options, so play what you like.  Eventually the SA will support modding as well.  Everyone wins, it doesn't have to be an either or fiasco.

It would be okay if they werent intent on witteling down and taking away from the mod. every gun, every car, ever bit of functionality and option avilable in the mod should be in the SA. (DMR, NVGs, MK38 MOD-0, M249SAW) ALL in the MOD. and the work. HELIS in the MOD and they work. WITH GUNS, and thst fine. i shot down 2 in a VANILLA server TONIGHT. with the LMG looted from NWAF.

The mod seems to embrace the idea that it took place in a formerly war-torn country where weapons are everywhere. SA seems to want us to think they all evaporated and go full on bare bones forest survival bear grylls edition. i can appreciate that perhaps some people like that, but i think the mod has more flavor as a result of it all being there bot no one aspect is pushed harder then the others down your throat.

• Like 1

Saw alpha footage of H1Z1 and let me say, it was impressive. There is wildlife, hunting, zombie hordes, and yes, you can torch those fuckers! The buildings have the apocolyptic, dilapidated look Dayz is lacking. And night time looks eerie and unforgiving. Just about everything everyone wants in Dayz is already in that games alpha.

This post is fantastic. The standalone does have cool clothes and professional looking customization, but a real game isn't about that. The mod offers amazingly fun gameplay and genuine fear, as opposed to the everlasting, underlying fear of getting glitch hit once by an invisible zombie and instantly dying in the standalone. 

The game developers of the SA are definitely going backwards, in the sense that they are way more worried about the "COD-like" customization aspect, rather than the fundamental gameplay mechanics. 

Vote up for you, sir. 

This post is fantastic. The standalone does have cool clothes and professional looking customization, but a real game isn't about that. The mod offers amazingly fun gameplay and genuine fear, as opposed to the everlasting, underlying fear of getting glitch hit once by an invisible zombie and instantly dying in the standalone. 

The game developers of the SA are definitely going backwards, in the sense that they are way more worried about the "COD-like" customization aspect, rather than the fundamental gameplay mechanics. 

Vote up for you, sir. 

my feelings exactly. they seem intent on pushing all thier "gimickey" customizations (see: clothing effects damage taken, attachment effect weapons behavior in the background) rather then staying true to the roots.

What if, not everyone want a game harder than 4 Dark Souls taped together?

I'm not one for the ballbusting difficulty you seem to want out of DayZ. Personally, I like it as it is. I wish people wouldn't assume everyone wants something that is annoyingly difficult. It's idiotic, and narrow-minded.

no. ist idiotic and narrow minded to Play rail shooters like cod or BF  that take your Hand and guide u through "war". (refilling health bar in 5 seconds     WTF?!?!  )

DARK SOULS and DEMON SOULS was one the best experiences i ever had in a Videogame! if u dont like it difficult then Play another game or adapt. 

i want constant danger.  i like the thrill u get when u meet someone before he sees u. Meeting a Zombie should also be a threat to your life and not a joke!

plz devs. dont make it easy for the narrow minded masses!!!!!!

edit:;

i m tottally ok with the current melee!

Edited by brumey

I've been playing the mod a lot lately as well, and even released some videos from my game-play.. Yes, some things are better/more entertaining, but there's also A LOT of fucking hackers, dupers, combat loggers, ESPers, Teleporters, etc, etc, etc.

Take this for example:

Ohh yeah, real polished.

I'd rather play Standalone, except for the current state of zombies/melee weapons. Once they release the AKM and hunting, etc, I'll be back for the forseeable future.

Edited by Etherimp

I've been playing the mod a lot lately as well, and even released some videos from my game-play.. Yes, some things are better/more entertaining, but there's also A LOT of fucking hackers, dupers, combat loggers, ESPers, Teleporters, etc, etc, etc.

Take this for example:

Ohh yeah, real polished.

Gameplay is still better. i never said Mod was perfect. infact it has some horednous exploits and security poblems. but survival is there in the need to carry food and drink. medical is there with blood bags, mor[hene and pain killers. and PvP is there with a varield selection if military firearms. Team play and clan Play is supported with effective vehicles with good cargo space and persistent storage in the form of tents.

The SA seems intent on compleetely stepping away from that gameplay tho. they want to make simply existing so dam annoying and not only that, nerf/limit/water down all the fun stuff. it all was there and working. if its not broken dont fix it. All SA needed to do was performance optimize and secure against hackers/exploits and we'd have a golden expereince. instead they threw the mold out from the mod and tried to make something compleetley new. Mod Vets wanted a refined version of that experience, not a total departure.

• Like 1

Gameplay is still better. i never said Mod was perfect. infact it has some horednous exploits and security poblems. but survival is there in the need to carry food and drink. medical is there with blood bags, mor[hene and pain killers. and PvP is there with a varield selection if military firearms. Team play and clan Play is supported with effective vehicles with good cargo space and persistent storage in the form of tents.

The SA seems intent on compleetely stepping away from that gameplay tho. they want to make simply existing so dam annoying and not only that, nerf/limit/water down all the fun stuff. it all was there and working. if its not broken dont fix it. All SA needed to do was performance optimize and secure against hackers/exploits and we'd have a golden expereince. instead they threw the mold out from the mod and tried to make something compleetley new. Mod Vets wanted a refined version of that experience, not a total departure.

You realize they're completely reworking the engine right now, and that the Mod is over 2 years old, right? Vehicles and persistent storage are coming. It won't happen overnight.

http://www.dayztv.com/news/2014/05/dayz-development-state-answers/

That's the fucking point.

Alright then. I see I'm not going to get anywhere with that attitude.

How dare we compare free mod that was developed by few people and got almost completly abandonned after ~6 months (starting to work on SA) to SA game that sold 2mln copies ~20 euros each, has full team working on it for many months (1-2 years maybe?).

Shame on us for suggesting that anyone unhappy with current SA state could try the mod.

Too late for:

inb4 -  alpha

:<

How dare we compare free mod that was developed by few people and got almost completly abandonned after ~6 months (starting to work on SA) to SA game that sold 2mln copies ~20 euros each, has full team working on it for many months (1-2 years maybe?).

Shame on us for suggesting that anyone unhappy with current SA state could try the mod.

Too late for:

inb4 -  alpha

:<

romanticizing the past is a common delusion. many people forget that when the mod was in the same stage as SA is now, bridges, ladders, doorsteps and trees often broke your legs, that mounting an ATV was pretty much equal with suicide and debug plains were more populated than berezino

• Like 1

Cool, that is the door.

Bye.

Edited by Edoissimo

Cool, thats is the door.

Bye.

What a wonderful poster you are, truly. 

• Like 1

romanticizing the past is a common delusion. many people forget that when the mod was in the same stage as SA is now, bridges, ladders, doorsteps and trees often broke your legs, that mounting an ATV was pretty much equal with suicide and debug plains were more populated than berezino

Sure, I remember both bad times and good times in the mod.

When i comes to SA I remember bad times and, uh, that's it. Too many things still unfinished to enjoy it.

• Like 1

Nothing will ever replace namalsk on the mod. Guns were every where but food was just so rare and freezing to death was a common occurrence. You have not played dayz until you played that. 

Overall I enjoyed the mod much more then I ever did with standalone. 

• Like 1

For those folks that didn't cut your teeth on the original mod,you missed out on the experience,that I got hooked on,that made me want to spend as much time learning and getting better in game.There were other maps that came along that I enjoyed also.I wasn't as much into getting a starter pack to begin with on some mod variations and servers but,it was always a learning experience.The ambiance of the original,the setting,the sounds,the music,the day and night cycle,the humanity state, all brought different gameplay styles/tactics.The mod(s) were ever changing and created a challenge for anyone who was willing to try them out and find something they enjoyed interacting with.I am so very hopeful for the standalone to follow suit.Minus the hackers and cheaters.If you are able to go and experience the original mod (cleanly) I would suggest that you do so like the OP did and get a taste of what is hopefully to come in the SA with even more surprises.

Beans for that :

"What if, not everyone want a game harder than 4 Dark Souls taped together?"

Made me laugh :D