Bambi Population Control

Yesterday I played the Mod after 200 hours of Standalone.

What if, not everyone want a game harder than 4 Dark Souls taped together?

I'm not one for the ballbusting difficulty you seem to want out of DayZ. Personally, I like it as it is. I wish people wouldn't assume everyone wants something that is annoyingly difficult. It's idiotic, and narrow-minded.

people like you make me sick. Don't you dare even hint that this game should rightfully be easier. 

• Like 1

1. Ballistics right now are placeholders, 2. "Enchanted" Attachments yes is quite mind boggling (Modding will fix that later), 3. 130 yr old guns? What are you talking about? None of the guns are 130+ yrs old. The "Incident" takes place I think 20 years after. Also, why complain now about it? It was the same story for the mod. *facepalm*, 4. The melee damage system is still being worked on if you ever read the patch notes.

You don't bother to read anything do you? 

every fucking thing in this game is said to be a placeholder, that's not an excuse for anything.

and surplus mosins are at least 80 year old, its design is 123 years old, exactly.

every fucking thing in this game is said to be a placeholder, that's not an excuse for anything.

and surplus mosins are at least 80 year old, its design is 123 years old, exactly.

Well, not ALL mosins are from their original 1889 production.  But, considering that this is a semi-soviet fictional area then yes some of the Mosins would be old but you forgot to mention the DBL Barrel Shogtun aka the Coach gun which is even older than the Mosin. 

*Sigh* Placeholders are put in place so we can enjoy something while testing the game out, while the Devs actually fix the real features that are to replace the placeholders. It's like when going onto a trip you pack your car full of all the crap a human needs during that trip. However, your wife comes and sees that it's all just thrown around, your ass is gonna get chewed out (Kinky) and then she makes you fix it properly. Saying that placeholders aren't a valid thing to do in a early stage of a game is beyond ignorant. 

I love all these extremely pointless comparisons like the SA is going to stay as it is.

All they're basically doing is copying and pasting stuff from the original mod in to the SA, improving on said stuff and then adding more.

Of course it's going to be better, when it's done.

This is like comparing a nice baked cake to the eggs, flour and whatnot of a cake that isn't made yet.

AKA, stupid.

• Like 2

Well, not ALL mosins are from their original 1889 production.  But, considering that this is a semi-soviet fictional area then yes some of the Mosins would be old but you forgot to mention the DBL Barrel Shogtun aka the Coach gun which is even older than the Mosin. 

*Sigh* Placeholders are put in place so we can enjoy something while testing the game out, while the Devs actually fix the real features that are to replace the placeholders. It's like when going onto a trip you pack your car full of all the crap a human needs during that trip. However, your wife comes and sees that it's all just thrown around, your ass is gonna get chewed out (Kinky) and then she makes you fix it properly. Saying that placeholders aren't a valid thing to do in a early stage of a game is beyond ignorant. 

So, following your logic, all the testing we're doing right now serves to nothing, as the devs will just show up with a completely new system for every fucking thing in the game?

"Placeholders" are just another cheap excuse to unfinished things that they cant sort out, just like alpher was when the game came out.

I love all these extremely pointless comparisons like the SA is going to stay as it is.

All they're basically doing is copying and pasting stuff from the original mod in to the SA, improving on said stuff and then adding more.

This is like comparing a nice baked cake to the eggs, flour and whatnot of a cake that isn't made yet.

AKA, stupid.

well, when the eggs are 2 years old, you can expect what will come of it.

1. Ballistics right now are placeholders, 2. "Enchanted" Attachments yes is quite mind boggling (Modding will fix that later), 3. 130 yr old guns? What are you talking about? None of the guns are 130+ yrs old. The "Incident" takes place I think 20 years after. Also, why complain now about it? It was the same story for the mod. *facepalm*, 4. The melee damage system is still being worked on if you ever read the patch notes.

You don't bother to read anything do you? 

He doesn't even own the game haha.  Just ignore him.  In the voice of the comic book guy, "Worst Troll Ever!!!"

well, when the eggs are 2 years old, you can expect what will come of it.

And how old is the mod?

Ok bad analogy.

How about wine then, since it gets better with age(apparently, all tastes like ass to me)

The mod is like a fine wine that's had plenty time to mature, the SA is still just picked grapes in comparison.

AKA, stupid.

Umm FYI there are not copying and pasting stuff from the mod to the Standalone. ._. Nothing in the BIS RE v2.0 engine would work with the modified RE v4.0. ^-^ 

He doesn't even own the game haha.  Just ignore him.  In the voice of the comic book guy, "Worst Troll Ever!!!"

Yea, your right. ;_;

And how old is the mod?

Ok bad analogy.

How about wine then, since it gets better with age(apparently, all tastes like ass to me)

The mod is like a fine wine that's had plenty time to mature, the SA is still just picked grapes in comparison.

Mod is 2 years old, and great analogy. :D

Umm FYI there are not copying and pasting stuff from the mod to the Standalone. ._. Nothing in the BIS RE v2.0 engine would work with the modified RE v4.0. ^-^ 

Yea, your right. ;_;

Mod is 2 years old, and great analogy. :D

Oh I know, I just mean basically what they're doing is recreating the mod as it was but improving on it :P

Imagine they could copy and paste it though that would be awesome most things would be done in a flash then they could improve them quickly :D

• Like 1

Oh god, here come the people who never ever worked on a game before.

Alone for the "And dont argue with Alpha" part, you deserve to get slaped in the face with a chair by the HULK!

Little info flash dude: The Alpha is NOT about the gameplay!

You are not in the Alpha for the challenge! They dont make the Alpha for the challenge.

In every Alpha you get flooded with Items so every single one can be tested, the enemys are still the basic core, cause, guess what, they dont want players to fight for survival right now, they want players to play the game and test out every single aspect of it.

Balancing has absolutly no place in an Alpha. Noone cares about making a game challenging when basic core elements still need work (Zombies ignoring walls for example)

God you people make me SICK!

You make a big mouth and dont even have the slightes clue what the whole purpose of an Alpha is.

They should just ban every single one of you until they go to the Beta...

Edited by Raoul9753

Yesterday I played breaking Point after 412 hours of Dayz and WOW!!!  The infected or zombie hordes we awesome!!!!  Except for the AI, worse than DayZ's.  Oh and melee, ahahaha, what a joke.  Oh shit, did I just compare a game that's been built from a full game to an Alpha?  

Well it was more taking the piss. Next time I will consult you, the king of comedy, before I make a post if that makes you happy.

You should consult everyone with a common sense in that case.

Yesterday I played breaking Point after 412 hours of Dayz and WOW!!!  The infected or zombie hordes we awesome!!!!  Except for the AI, worse than DayZ's.  Oh and melee, ahahaha, what a joke.  Oh shit, did I just compare a game that's been built from a full game to an Alpha?  

a mod is always an alpha, doesnt matter what the state of the game it is built on.

Just as DayZ mod was always and will probably always be an alpha.

You should consult everyone with a common sense in that case.

There is no such thing as common sense on this forum...

There is no such thing as common sense on this forum...

Heh. If you don't have common sense, something is wrong with you.

joke
dʒəʊk/
noun

1. 1.
    a thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter, especially a story with a funny punchline.

Do you ever think before you post? This thread gains nothing from endless arguing. If your just posting to be a penis, then don't post at all.

I don't like your attitude. I guess it's the "cool" thing to diss on standalone and leave for the mod (much like another community I will not name), but I really could care less what you think. The mod was good, and the standalone is a continuation of the mod, and it's in the early testing stage.

I'm sure you'll all be gone when it's released. Good riddance, spigot.

the standalone is a continuation of the mod

oops, how can a continuation have way less content than the prequel, even after 2 years of development?

something wrong here, fella.

• Like 1

I like my games to be difficult, but not insanely difficult.

I would like it if they configured the difficulty to be so that if you are skilled as a player you are rewarded with survival and if you aren't skill you die over and over.

EDIT: What I mean by that is no skilled player should die via ladders or stairs,

Edited by DoctorBadSign

(much like another community I will not name),

You are killing me man what community.

You are killing me man what community.

Alright:

How would you describe the smell of unwashed gym shorts?