nurdseprem

DayZ SA's current state in a nutshell.

I am talking about the movement. How comical and arcade it looks.

It looks like something I would expect out of a mass market, console game not a Bohemia produced game.

The whole video just shows how bad the combat is in dayz at the moment and probably for the foreseeable future if not ever.

Oh come on now! This is no Cod or Battlefield in the slightest at all. Sure the player who was doing that was playing it like that without freelooking much or using 1st person, (being about 12 years old like he was it's to be expected.) but this sandbox style gameplay does not look arcade at all? Back me up peeps!

I find it amazing that the OP had a screenshot with "Berezino" RIGHT THERE on the screen, yet managed to spell it wrong in the caption...

I agree with this thread.

Honestly the more I think about it, the more I think DayZ SA is just a fast cash grab for BIS & Rocket.

"Hey dude this mod is very popular, more so than even Arma II itself... How do we cash in on this? because technically it's free"

"I know dude let's strip out a shitload of things and make it a Stand alone product, then with the time we will make lazy ass updates to make the game seem alive."

I really hope I am wrong but I'm doubtful, they will keep adding little bits and bobs to this game but if you want to stop hackers they will need to redesign the whole engine and make everything Server side/controlled, doubt it will happen though...

Also that disclaimer on the steam page, reverse psychology, do NOT buy = but I want to buy it, lol. It is the disclaimer for any shortcomings that they already knew will exist.

You're right! Just give the game an new Name: DayZ - Rocket's cash cow!

Isent typing the same shit ( i.e "they are lazzy hurrdurrr game haz miliionz where is game" ) getting  boring ?

Isent typing the same shit ( i.e "they are lazzy hurrdurrr game haz miliionz where is game" ) getting  boring ?

People never get tired of complaining and whining, it appears. Scientific fact if you ask me.

People never get tired of complaining and whining, it appears. Scientific fact if you ask me.

Must be the big brother of "never too tired to not read a disclaimer" :D

Must be the big brother of "never too tired to not read a disclaimer" :D

"And then blame everyone else for lack of reading comprehension."

Ya know, I would gladly give up my 30 bucks that I paid for this game.

IF BIS just said FUCK YOU WHINERS.'

And canceled the game.

The level of whiney,ignorant, butthurt  around here is getting old.

Don't like Dayz? Think its so easy?

Go fucking make a game yourself ad rake in the $$$$.

Edited by gwartham

At the end of the day, if you don't like the game.. don't play it. Don't post on the forums, don't cry about it because your personal opinions are sour. Just put it on the back shelf, uninstall and move on. Simple. There are plenty of people who enjoy it, plenty of people who are happy to sit here and spend hours getting shot and shooting shit in Berezino. We can't change that for you.

Thanks for pointing out that Dean Hall created DayZ not like everyone doesn't know that already, I just didnt feel it was necesary to point it out.

My last job was as a contracted 3D artist in educational games, we were pumping out single levels in a month, granted the level was the size of one city of DayZ but still...

3D models, landscape, AI,  mini missions and interactive objects all done within a month, just needed to test it and fix bugs after.

Small team too, had 3 guys on the programming side, about 3 on 3D and a few people helping here and there from other projects. Graphics were very similar to DayZ, it was construction sites and basic.

But yeah I clearly have no idea or experience in any of this.

I work in IT for a large scale educational institution.  Before that I worked in IT for a large school district.  From my personal experiences in "educational games" they are all complete garbage.  I don't believe you when you say the graphics are similar.  Why you may ask?  Because school districts can't afford a NVIDIA gtx 670 for every computer.  Feel free to reference the "game" you made.  Lets see if you can take the same criticism that the BI team face daily from folks such as yourself.

• Like 1

I work in IT for a large scale educational institution.  Before that I worked in IT for a large school district.  From my personal experiences in "educational games" they are all complete garbage.  I don't believe you when you say the graphics are similar.  Why you may ask?  Because school districts can't afford a NVIDIA gtx 670 for every computer.  Feel free to reference the "game" you made.  Lets see if you can take the same criticism that the BI team face daily from folks such as yourself.

Oh heres comes the you are lying BS.

Yes man I am lying, happy? Maybe that will stop you right at your tracks.

IT and educatonal insititution, hum, this relates how? I use to work in IT once...

Our projects were for oil/power plant/construction/etc. companies abroad.

Nothing to do with schools or instituions. I think you are irrelevant here.

If you go around DayZ's city and looks at the buildings and like the factory area and think those graphics are anything special, I feel sad for you.

Go play some other games that are known for their graphics, then you can realise how blocky, low poly, simple shape the DayZ environments are.

Here we have a IT guy telling a 3D guy about 3d graphics, I might as well come to your work place and tell you how to set up your network, hilarious stuff.

This here would take a few weeks to model: approx freelance price: $3600

Crysis-3-Incinerator-Art.jpg

This here will take a day or 2 max, approx freelance price: $240 (you wouldn't even need a pro 3D artist, just a junior and it will cost even cheaper)

Sks_io3-e1390255877261.jpg

Edited by blazed
  • Like 1

Oh heres comes the you are lying BS.

Yes man I am lying, happy? Maybe that will stop you right at your tracks.

IT and educatonal insititution, hum, this relates how? I use to work in IT once...

Our projects were for oil/power plant/construction/etc. companies abroad.

Nothing to do with schools or instituions. I think you are irrelevant here.

If you go around DayZ's city and looks at the buildings and like the factory area and think those graphics are anything special, I feel sad for you.

Go play some other games that are known for their graphics, then you can realise how blocky, low poly, simple shape the DayZ environments are.

Here we have a IT guy telling a 3D guy about 3d graphics, I might as well come to your work place and tell you how to set up your network, hilarious stuff.

This here would take a few weeks to model: approx freelance price: $3600

Crysis-3-Incinerator-Art.jpg

This here will take a day or 2 max, approx freelance price: $240 (you wouldn't even need a pro 3D artist, just a junior and it will cost even cheaper)

Sks_io3-e1390255877261.jpg

Oh my, comparing a Crysis 3 Incinerator with a Mosin. We are desperate for an argument aren't we...

Oh my, comparing a Crysis 3 Incinerator with a Mosin. We are desperate for an argument aren't we...

Don't butt into a conversation that you're not following, the debate is not about crysis 3 vs DayZ,

He was saying that he doesn't believe we produce graphics to DayZ, as if the DayZ graphics were amazing or something, therefore the reason I posted the crysis 3 image.

Like I said don't butt into a conversation if you're not going to follow the whole thing.

Your one liner to aggravate is amusing.

It doesn't matter which gun I post from crysis they will all wipe the floor clean with any DayZ weapon.

But DayZ is correct to use simpler graphics for what it is.

Edited by blazed
  • Like 1

1. That guy is right, he knows a lot about Modelling and prices

2. Thats a damn SKS not mosin

3. If you don't know anything about creating 3D models then be quiet and let the experts talk.

How in the world could a person need over 10 days for a AK model + Textures WTF? I do that in 2 days...  ~ 16h all together for 200€.

Edited by nurdseprem
  • Like 1

Don't butt into a conversation that you're not following, the debate is not about crysis 3 vs DayZ,

He was saying that he doesn't believe we produce graphics to DayZ, as if the DayZ graphics were amazing or something, therefore the reason I posted the crysis 3 image.

Like I said don't butt into a conversation if you're not going to follow the whole thing.

Your one liner to aggravate is amusing.

It doesn't matter which gun I post from crysis they will all wipe the floor clean with any DayZ weapon.

But DayZ is correct to use simpler graphics for what it is.

Sorry to break your bubble, or ego - but this is a forum. A forum in which anyone, anywhere may post into any thread they wish too. Do us a favour, unlodge your face out of your anus and don't tell someone else to butt out of a thread. No one is suggesting the post is about DayZ or Crisis, you're comparing a futuristic weapon with lasers and shit, more holes and details anyone could imagine, to an SKS, a basic soviet, mass produced weapon from 1943. There's going to be massive differences in which one looks fancy, don't you think? Use your noggin' 

1. That guy is right, he knows a lot about Modelling and prices

2. Thats a damn SKS not mosin

3. If you don't know anything about creating 3D models then be quiet and let the experts talk.

How in the world could a person need over 10 days for a AK model + Textures WTF? I do that in 2 days...  ~ 16h all together for 200€.

1. Really? From the looks of things, he knows jack shit besides how to copy and paste.

2. You win, I got that one wrong. 

2d1652e9b66e8d6dace9dc787361ee05.jpg

Go ahead, I'll be waiting. While you're at it, would you mind fixing everything else? I mean, you folks clearly can't stop the tears flowing so why not do something about it.

Sorry to break your bubble, or ego - but this is a forum. A forum in which anyone, anywhere may post into any thread they wish too. Do us a favour, unlodge your face out of your anus and don't tell someone else to butt out of a thread. No one is suggesting the post is about DayZ or Crisis, you're comparing a futuristic weapon with lasers and shit, more holes and details anyone could imagine, to an SKS, a basic soviet, mass produced weapon from 1943. There's going to be massive differences in which one looks fancy, don't you think? Use your noggin' 

1. Really? From the looks of things, he knows jack shit besides how to copy and paste.

2. You win, I got that one wrong. 

2d1652e9b66e8d6dace9dc787361ee05.jpg

Go ahead, I'll be waiting. While you're at it, would you mind fixing everything else? I mean, you folks clearly can't stop the tears flowing so why not do something about it.

Read it.

/didntcare

You started making insults, grow up kid, I ain't got time for this.

PS. You're not paying attention to any details in the posts and making redundant comparisons, you're here to just argue with utter nonsense, please write some more I will go get the pop-corn.

Edited by blazed
  • Like 1

Read it.

/didntcare

You started making insults, grow up kid, I ain't got time for this.

I'll go ahead and assume your ability to make out-standing artwork suddenly vanished. Insults? If any of my above comments insulted you, I am deeply sorry. I just had assumed we were all big boys here and we can have a big boy discussion. Clearly not.

Edited by emigrates

I'll go ahead and assume your ability to make out-standing artwork suddenly vanished. Insults? If any of my above comments insulted you, I am deeply sorry. I just had assumed we were all big boys here and we can have a big boy discussion. Clearly not.

"unlodge your face out of your anus"

You sir have no ability to work in a professional environment.

Your debating skills are no where near adult levels.

You butt into conversations and ignore the point of the discussion, the point I was trying to make, do you do that in your work place too?

I'm going to be the bigger man and walk away from this.

Have a nice day :)

Edited by blazed

kMZHg9r.jpg

Lol at intel but it's true. Use same tactics as in Gears Of War or any other 3rd person shooter and you will be successful in close range fights.

Edited by myshl0ng
  • Like 3

This is one aspect I found quite interesting about rusts development.

Since rust is using the Unity engine they have access to the asset store.

Rust has been buying community made assets for a while and frankly its pretty cool since the community has talent and the stuff they import looks great.

I always wondered if this approach to buying outside models was normal within the industry and if it could for example be done in dayz to help speed up the slow slow slow dev process.

kMZHg9r.jpg

Lol at intel but it's true. Use same tactics as in Gears Of War or any other 3rd person shooter and you will be successful in close range fights.

That is perfect. Dayz Standalone is pretty much that right now exept with one thing, it does not have satisfying shooting or movement that cod has.

Instead the movement seems even more unrealistic in dayz compared to cod. Players have the speed of a gazelle and the agility of a leopard.

The only good thing they have done in the realism and movement front was the 1:1 movement + the amazing weight system for firearms.

Nothing beats moving your eyes to the left and then seeing your gun catch up depending on the weapons weight.

Edited by gibonez

"unlodge your face out of your anus"

You sir have no ability to work in a professional environment.

Your debating skills are no where near adult levels.

You butt into conversations and ignore the point of the discussion, the point I was trying to make, do you do that in your work place too?

I'm going to be the bigger man and walk away from this.

Have a nice day :)

>Forums being a professional working environment

Good one!

Believe it or not, people like myself come here to get out of the working environment and escape reality, to have a chance to speak to like minded people. Instead, we encounter people who believe they are ultimate gods at everything, who think they can produce superior work in less time, yet have little to no evidence to back up these claims. You produced a picture from a futuristic shooter and compared to a game set in post soviet Russia. Your argument was made null the moment you made that mistake.

The idea that I "butt" into conversations is also very irrelevant, this is a forum - if you wanted a private discussion the PM feature is always there, you also have the ability to use this nifty little things called emails, VOIP and other messaging systems. Forums are for use of the many, not the few.

Okay big man, catch you around.

>Forums being a professional working environment

Good one!

Believe it or not, people like myself come here to get out of the working environment and escape reality, to have a chance to speak to like minded people. Instead, we encounter people who believe they are ultimate gods at everything, who think they can produce superior work in less time, yet have little to no evidence to back up these claims. You produced a picture from a futuristic shooter and compared to a game set in post soviet Russia. Your argument was made null the moment you made that mistake.

The idea that I "butt" into conversations is also very irrelevant, this is a forum - if you wanted a private discussion the PM feature is always there, you also have the ability to use this nifty little things called emails, VOIP and other messaging systems. Forums are for use of the many, not the few.

Okay big man, catch you around.

You are a deranged delusional man, you are making things up in your mind, and even my grandma with alzheimers can comprehend my posts better than you could ever possible imagine.

Never have I stated that I can create fantastic artwork in 3D (like that Crysis weapon), how did your mental mind conjure this up?

The POINT of my post was to say how Basic DayZ graphics is, How I can remake those low poly geometry props and buildings within hours. You can compare that SKS to a crysis 3 Pistol or a Even "Metro" games weapons to see how basic it is in comparison.

Why are you being idiotic and missing the point on purpose? Why are you hijacking someone else's arguement and going in the completely different direction.

You accuse me of being a liar? That I somehow lie about being a 3D artist? That I don't know anything about 3D art. I don't know what to gain from lying, I ain't going to disclose my portfolio here and reveal all my details. That is just pure stupidity on your side.

Now where the hell is my ignore button to wipe your sorry ass from existence from this forum (at least on my screen). Be gone forever petty Pest!

Edited by blazed

You are a deranged delusional man, you are making things up in your mind, and even my grandma with alzheimers can comprehend my posts better than you could ever possible imagine.

Never have I stated that I can create fantastic artwork in 3D (like that Crysis weapon), how did your mental mind conjure this up?

Maybe you should read your own posts once a while, it's clear to state you're degrading development on DayZ and stating your work is superior. Your grandma with alzheimers must be pretty gifted, it would appear you can't make up your mind, can you produce DayZ quality art work or not? and if you can, why can't you show us some? I don't believe you because you have no credibility in your post. You state you made educational games, education games for the building industry, oil industry and nuclear industry? I fail to see why you would need to education games for professionals in an occupation, especially that an education game that requires small cities.

The POINT of my post was to say how Basic DayZ graphics is, How I can remake those low poly geometry props and buildings within hours. You can compare that SKS to a crysis 3 Pistol or a Even "Metro" games weapons to see how basic it is in comparison.

Why are you being idiotic and missing the point on purpose? Why are you hijacking someone else's arguement and going in the completely different direction.

Let's look at the SKS then. What is it made of? Does it have any moving parts? Does it have lots of redundant parts hanging off it to make it look cool? Does it have any lets? No, it shows the wood and the grain, it shows the metal, the barrel, the muzzle, iron sights, trigger and guard. Very little more than that.

Now let's take a look at this super death ray thingy that's designed to look cool in a far-fetched game set in a fictional reality, which has spikey things, lights and all sorts. I'll let you in on a secret..

It's designed to look cool. See that keyword? The SKS wasn't designed to look cool.

You accuse me of being a liar? That I somehow lie about being a 3D artist? That I don't know anything about 3D art. I don't know what to gain from lying, I ain't going to disclose my portfolio here and reveal all my details. That is just pure stupidity on your side.

Now where the hell is my ignore button to wipe your sorry ass from existence from this forum (at least on my screen). Be gone forever petty Pest!

Okay, I'm not a liar. I won't show you anything. Nothing at all. I won't prove anything, but you have to believe me! honest!

Weren't you going to be a big boy and walk away the first time around? The fact that you're persistently arguing and not providing any factual information about the work you've done, about the fact that the moment you started posting in this thread you were implying the work being made on DayZ is somehow inferior and it's easily replicated, that you've done it in such little time with much fewer members of team.

Now that someone has confronted you about this, it almost feels like you're hesitant to show anything, to prove any of your previous posts. Remember, all good lies are based on the truth.

Imo the 3d models and the things the art team do are one of the best things about dayz at the moment. They may not be the best weapon models ever but they fit the enviroment, you cant just go putting fancy looking crisis models onto the rv engine it wouldn't work, they've done an excellent job making everything fit not like say some arma mod models that look to good for the world its in.

How in the world could a person need over 10 days for a AK model + Textures WTF? I do that in 2 days... ~ 16h all together for 200€.

I don't think they have been working on the AKM for 10 days, your just being a dick saying that. Do you not think they are also working on other items like clothing, new world objects and probably stuff we haven't seen yet. I mean there also making the svd, mp5, P1 and I think an AK74 aswell.

And to the topic at hand the game is currently incomplete and in testing they will do a lot of crazy things that don't make sense. I think the spawns have been put there for a reason to encourage melee and cqb seeing as they have been working on it maybe.

Edited by Ricky Spanish