Zetal

Timelock System (Prevent Night-dodging Serverhoppers)

Everyone's done it before, either in SA or in the mod. Log in to a server, good ping, lots of fun. Play for a couple hours then night hits. Log out of that server and into a different one where it's daytime. They've added a minor time delay to switching servers, but that isn't really ideal. If noone is going to actually play it, then why would nighttime be in the game?

My proposal? Timelock. If you leave a server, you can only join a server with that same character in which the servers time of day is the same as when you logged out with a minor variance of 1 hour, so it isn't ridiculously hard to find one that matches.

This stops players from being able to just hop about to the daytime servers and loot, carefree, and makes nighttime something people have to actually deal with, unless I've missing something.

• Like 2

With any luck, Accelerated Time will help.. Only have to deal with 40 or so minutes of jet black instead of 12 hours..

I personally think night time itself needs to be reworked.. However, I have no idea how I would make it better, without it just being a slightly darker day..

Everyone's done it before, either in SA or in the mod. Log in to a server, good ping, lots of fun. Play for a couple hours then night hits. Log out of that server and into a different one where it's daytime. They've added a minor time delay to switching servers, but that isn't really ideal. If noone is going to actually play it, then why would nighttime be in the game?

My proposal? Timelock. If you leave a server, you can only join a server with that same character in which the servers time of day is the same as when you logged out with a minor variance of 1 hour, so it isn't ridiculously hard to find one that matches.

This stops players from being able to just hop about to the daytime servers and loot, carefree, and makes nighttime something people have to actually deal with, unless I've missing something.

All they would have to do is restart the game to get around that, or they would just stop playing all together.  And once private hives come along, unless they want to start from scratch everytime, they will either have to deal with night or just not play.   Personally, I love night time, there is something about knowing a guy could be within pissing distance and me not knowing that makes it exciting.

The game needs to be realistic, but also fun. If someone wants to play all day, (or all night for the sake of safety) they should be able to. Just think that they sleep the rest of the time.

All they would have to do is restart the game to get around that, or they would just stop playing all together.  And once private hives come along, unless they want to start from scratch everytime, they will either have to deal with night or just not play.   Personally, I love night time, there is something about knowing a guy could be within pissing distance and me not knowing that makes it exciting.

Once private hives come along DayZ SA will go the same path the damned mod did, with 99% of the servers being casual "spawn with 90 cars and all the guns" servers, and the 1% that are hardcore, no 3rd person servers will be completely empty because there's noone to play with. The same people that are playing on these casual servers would play on the hardcore servers and have just as much fun, they're just too stupid to realize it and wind up ruining it for the rest of us in the process.

Server owners are slaves to the most common player. The most common player doesn't want nighttime, or any difficulty. So server owners will flock to that instead... And then you won't have anyone in those nighttime servers to stand next to without knowing it. :\

The game needs to be realistic, but also fun. If someone wants to play all day, (or all night for the sake of safety) they should be able to. Just think that they sleep the rest of the time.

If they were in some sort of danger when logged out, maybe this would be relevant, but as is we can only assume they mystically vanish when in danger. It's the same thing as combat logging.

I really like this idea and I'm all for it but I'm sure most of the people don't like it since they have 2 holes down there.

For hardcore on the other hand it would fit perfectly. It's there for us who like to torture ourselves so why not.

Just lock servers to accelerated time, with the exact same time.