Nice website! The code is clean and semantic... even if there are a few tables :P

Is news.php "Coming soon" because it has not been coded yet, or because it was causing some kind of performance issue? If its the former I can give you guys the php code to pull posts from the Announcements subforum here on your phpBB install and list them as news posts on that page, I use the very same system for a mod I work on, http://hl2wars.com. If you think you guys would benefit from that please let me know!

Oh my,

Thanks for the amazing feedback on the new design everybody! I wasn't expecting it to be implemented so quickly (or even at all!) so it came as a bit of a shock to me when I heard they wanted to use it! :P

But hey, we hammered it out in less than 9 hours! w00t! Big thanks to Tyler for the new kick-ass logo design, Adam for webicizing the design so quickly, and Rocket for his all around awesomeness.

Great job everyone! Really.

Looks wonderful.

The new logo is fantastic.

Only qualm is that on the main page during the slideshow of photos it is blatantly obvious that the same "oldness" effect was used on each picture, but to make matters worse it was simply flipped 90 degrees each time. C'mon guys, step it up.

I dig the new website, it's a significant improvement. One little glitch I noticed, though:

The "average life expectancy" display may be rounding up the minutes & not converting to hours after. I just checked a second ago and it says 4 hours, 60 minutes. You may want to check out your logic for that. :P

One thing I noticed on the forums, stick an [ALPHA] sticker on the Day Z logo, just to remind newcomers & people in general

Arma 2 combined operations is number 1 sales in Steam.

Brand new gorgeous DayZ website.

Life is good.

awesome website + the forum aint lagging anymore(for me)

zombies are all over the place attacking every living thing in the map.

so everything's awesome.

Just wondering, the average life expectancy used to be around 4:30... now it's showing up as this:

17aIu.png

Is this correct? Seems odd that the average has plummeted so much in only a few days.

Not sure but it may just have something to do with the stats being reset with the new web site and the Zombie re-spawn numbers being a little exaggerated with the last Alpha build.

New website is great! No real Lag! Love your game as there really isn't anything quite like it anywhere. Thanxs!

Any chance of a banned players list on the main website.

It would be nice to read who has been a plonker :D

It will also serve as a warning for thoes thinking of cheating.

Hey Adam, Currently the 'arma 2' link at the bottom of the page just links back to the dayz mod website.

I think it should link to www.arma2.com

I like the new website and it is working just like it should.

Although I have couple of little things that I think could be better. This is maybe a nitpicking or at least in the bottom of the TTD list but hey it doesn't hurt to suggest it.

Those stats numbers would be more easily to read if there were some spaces in numbers. Like this for example:

Characters: 1021210
Zombie kills: 13986139
---->
Characters: 1 021 210 (or 1,021,210)
Zombie kills: 13 986 139 (or 13,986,139)

I think it would be easier to read and more clear. Also that 'Time played' could be translated to years:

15778d 19h --> 43 y 83 d 23 h (if I calculated it right... well you get the idea)

Nobody's mentioned the opening "[" with no closing "]" on the links to close pop-up windows yet. Those bug the hell out of me. The website is awesome, and deserves ... closure.

Seeing the pics made me wish the zombie density was higher; what they have there is a horde, what we have in game is a get-together. :(

The site does look amazing though!

Posted this in the bug section before but seems like it didn't get approval...just noticed that i'm not the first one to point it out in this thread.

Hey guys,

this is bugging me for dayz now, that's why i finally decided to post it here (hope that's fine with you).

Right now your HP is really annoying to browse if you are using Opera 'cause every single link you have visited gets a background image from the Navbar added.

1337850720?a=vZR-5Fdnm7M

There are several lines in the *.css which declare the a:visited global like in the snippet below.

#menu li.contact a:link, a:visited { 
background: url("http://dayzmod.com/images/menu/contact_off.png") transparent;
float: left;
height: 130px;
width: 204px;
}

All you need to do is add #menu li.contact infront of the a:visited like you did for a:link.

cheers

Here's a fix: Get a REAL browser.

Kidding, sorry guys, thought we fixed that long ago. Should be good now ;)

I'm having some issues with a javascript here.

My FireFox always freezes for a short time after a site refresh on the main page or forums.

After that I get the following error:

The script http://ajax.cloudflare.com/cdn-cgi/nexp/v=3029832572/cloudflare.min.js has stopped working on line 15.

Any idea what's causing this?

update your firefox. i have never had an issue with this site.