direwind

disable 3rd person view.

We then need new leaderboards with separate sections.

And playing on 3rd servers should mean you cant swap to none 3rd.

Because using 3rd makes it easier to get loot and that easy gained loot should not be transferable to harder none 3rd servers.

*facepalm*

This is even worse than the BF3 gamemode elitism....

GTFO to veteran servers what your fucking problem ? The engine of arma is so glitchy esp. in buildings only a masochist would want to removed 3rd person view.

Excellent point and so eloquently put.

Did you wipe your mouth after your verbal vomit ?

Because using 3rd makes it easier to get loot and that easy gained loot should not be transferable to harder none 3rd servers.

*facepalm*

This is even worse than the BF3 gamemode elitism....

Yer your probably right why complicate it..

make all servers hardcore and fuck the noobs ...

I don't think it makes that big of a difference. Low difficulty servers seem to be full of very trigger happy people so that kinda makes up for it.

maybe m8 wouldn't know I never play on 3rd servers I'm too fucking ard init :)

I end up on 3rd person servers from time to time, mostly when I can't find 1st person servers with open slots. But every once in a while, I just want to look at my character sneaking around... Vanity by proxy, how pathetic is that? I'll go hide now.

I don't think it makes that big of a difference. Low difficulty servers seem to be full of very trigger happy people so that kinda makes up for it.

maybe m8 wouldn't know I never play on 3rd servers I'm too fucking ard init :)

I end up on 3rd person servers from time to time' date=' mostly when I can't find 1st person servers with open slots. But every once in a while, I just want to look at my character sneaking around... Vanity by proxy, how pathetic is that? I'll go hide now.

[/quote']

I did it aswell when I wanted to see how sexy my barbie doll looked in his camo suite :)

I'm immersed more by third person than first. Play on a fp only server instead of arguing for a lost cause. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean everyone has to do without it. That's why servers are given the option, and you the same when choosing one. Exercise that ability instead of qq'ing something that revolves around personal choice.

I play both first and third person and the difficulty is really no different. You do get more immersion in first person, especially at night, but I just feel like playing third sometimes. I like having a choice and until someone playing in third person on a different server has some kind of negative affect on me I don't care how they play.

I'm immersed more by third person than first.

made me smile :)

yes nothing more immersive than a camera floating above your shoulder :)

Ill just hide behind this rock and use my magic camera to look over it :)

I do only play on Expert settings severs btw. I just like reading all the lame excuses people who want 3rd on try to use to justify it :)

I like 3rd person because I can see myself. My avatar. This is not an arcade game. Go back to Xbox if you want a cheap ass fps.

I like the fact I can see my environment and the immersion of seeing my avatar as he travels the world.

I can take screenshots, make videos, and generally enjoy the game more.

Remove 3rd person and you remove a lot of PC gamers. It's a dumb move.

If you don't like it. Don't fucking us it.

I do only play on Expert settings severs btw. I just like reading all the lame excuses people who want 3rd on try to use to justify it :)

Immersive and realistic are two different things. Its not realistic to have a camera over your shoulder but for some its more immersive because immersion is unique to each person.

If Im in a field in real life and grass is in front of me I can push it off to the side with my hand. I do not have to stand up. Peripheral awareness on a flat monitor has to be simulated to some extent and for some 3rd person does that.

For others it ruins it.

i LOVE third person view. it better stay, it makes the game fun. :P

Plus there is that whole first person view lacks peripheral vision...

I'm glad I could make you smile cupcake. :cool:

And im also I'm glad to hear you do. At least you solved your own issue by playing there.

Nothing bothers me more than these bloody whiners moaning about f'n 3rd person! Go to a server that doesn't have this enabled then!! Jesus it's like having to listen to a spoilt kid constantly!!!

can all of you people making ridiculous posts about 'peripheral vision' just stop?

last i checked, peripheral vision doesn't see around corners and over buildings

3dp in a shooter is about as disappointingly casual of an option that a hardcore FPS can possibly have

First person view makes me sick even with head bob turned off. Arma 2 has god awful first person. Why don't you just stick to 3rd person off servers?

i didn't say i have any problems finding servers with proper settings

i'm merely attempting to get 3dp proponents to admit they like it because it's easier instead of trying to legitimize x-ray vision as realistic

i didn't say i have any problems finding servers with proper settings

i'm merely attempting to get 3dp proponents to admit they like it because it's easier instead of trying to legitimize x-ray vision as realistic

Why would they admit to that if it is not the reason they like it?

Those things still affect you even if you're in third person. You just don't see it.

If you need to take painkillers and you switch to third person, your crosshairs won't look like it, but when you shoot your bullets will go all over the fucking place.

http://i.imgur.com/INmOA.jpg

3dp is so exploitable that its just ridiculous. But I can understand all the noobs who can't play without it (look at me, I am so pretty). When they realized that they just died because guy who killed them abused it by making him invisible to them while he can see them clearly it might change their minds. Or it wont.

LOL here we go!

Its a server option. Play hardcore if you don't like it. Why do you need to try and get something changed for people who do like it when you don't have to play with it yourself.

god this forum has the biggest bunch of bitches I have ever known. If you dont like 3dp servers, dont fucking play them. If you play on them and then moan about it, that's your fucking problem. kthanxbye

Developers of ARMA themselves said that 3rd person view is MORE realistic then only first person. In some of the interviews for ARMA3.

Because IRL you have tactile feedback when you are against a wall etc.

So suck it up and stop QQ

god this forum has the biggest bunch of bitches I have ever known. If you dont like 3dp servers' date=' dont fucking play them. If you play on them and then moan about it, that's your fucking problem. kthanxbye

[/quote']

+1. This thread should be closed. There are already 3dp:OFF servers.

OP should be bitchslapped.

It really annoys me to see all of the "I like to play this way so everyone else should have to also" threads.

"I like first person view so no one should be able to use 3rd person"

"I like starting and throwing all of my starting gear away so I am completely naked with no gear at all, so everyone else should have to also"

"I like killing people on sight so that is the only viable playstyle"

"I believe in a bearded all mighty voyeur in the sky who spanks you in the afterlife for being bad so everyone else should have to live with laws based around that faith"

"I don't like being killed by other players so no one should be able to be a bandit"

There is something called personal preference. And as has been stated if you dont like 3rd person then play where it isn't allowed. You get your playstyle preference and don't have to take someone elses choice away from them. And since their playing on 3rd person on servers doesnt effect you then everyone is happy.

It's like Night time. Some people love it. I hate it. So instead of arguing that night time should be done away with completely (to suit my playstyle) I simply find a server that is running in the daytime (even if this is frustratingly hard most of the time since I play in the evening).

Leaderboards? Really? Who really cares? They mean nothing especially since they don't reset with each version change. You would have a more legitimate argument saying that its wrong for someone to be top of the survival leaderboard who got there when zombies were easier than they are now.

As for switching servers, that is asinine and very obviously stretching for something to whine about. I have trouble believing that anyone would sit there and say "heck yea im going to loot a 3rd person server then switch and hunt people on 1st person only". There is no reason to, none at all. If you want to use 3rd person then you will primarily play on those servers regardless of if you are looting or hunting people because it fits your preferences.