Robert Shannon

Melee Weapons Ideas (Megathread) Post your ideas

Post all your Melee weapon ideas here and, and weapons that would seem to fit into the game properly

Here is a list of weapons and pictures of weapons I think would go good into the game.

These pictures came from the Dead Frontier wiki site just for the idea of what they look like.

This thread will also help keep the forum clean from all the melee weapons ideas and funnel them into this one thread.

Pen Knife----- Pen_Knife.png

The pen knife is a small blade designed for basic everyday use. Needless to say, this weapon is not ideal for poking holes in zombies.

Chef knife--- Chef_Knife.png

A kitchen tool which was used for preparing foods and chopping vegetables, but it can also be used for chopping limbs in a pinch.

Fire Axe--- Fire_Axe.png

Used by fire departments to smash through wreckage to rescue trapped fire victims, the fire axe is built for reliability and damage.

Machete---Machete.png

A long, cheap and deadly blade of Latin American design which is very effective for clearing vegetation and zombies alike. Being the most classical zombie decapitator, this weapon is a popular choice within experienced zombie hunter circles. Also

featured by Jason Vorhees in "Friday the 13th" enjoy your hunting.

Trench Knife----Trench_Knife.png

Designed for smashing through helmets and stabbing opponents in the tight conditions of trench warfare, the trench knife was supposed to be a devastating last ditch weapon in the carnage of WWI, but was manufactured at the end of the war and became popular among the paratroopers and marines of the US. military during WWII. That popularity remains undiminished, as survivors make use of these blades to puncture the skulls of the infected.

And this I just added in because every zombie survival game needs these in it.

The katana----- Katana.png

I will be updating this frequently so be ready for information on all these badass weapons.

Bump..

Edited by Robert Shannon
  • Like 9

So you want to take all the melee weapons in Dead Frontier and add them in-game?

So you want to take all the melee weapons in Dead Frontier and add them in-game?

Just some good ideas, had to get some good pictures from somewhere. :P

and its not all, its a basic idea of some weapons that would fit the scene of the Apocolypse.

I would love more melee weapons in game.

No to battle axe and saber but the rest are good ideas. Having variations of range and damage for melee to suit them wouldn't be too hard to do and would make things interesting, the current hatchet would be medium range, medium damage.

You know what else would be fun? The recording session you'd need to do to get the soundsets for those weapons on bodies and skulls.

I was imaging something more like glass bottle' date=' rock, 2x4, shovel etc.

[/quote']

I don't know how useful a bottle would be against a zombie, maybe it could start a slow bleed in pvp. But the 2 by 4 has serious legs. The ability to deliver a knockout with headshots, or breaks bones with a body shot would make it a hugely tactical weapon.

How about being able to rip a limb off of a tree and use it as a club? The most basic and primitive weapon yet useful in a pinch.

• Like 8

- makeshift Axe, sawn off shovel

- Drift wood (found at the beach 20 swings to break 5 to kill a zombie)

- Baseball bat (wood & aluminum)

- Sapling (cut off a tree, 50 swings, 4 to kill)

- boxing ring (or w/e it's called, basically a trench'knife' without the knife)

- hunting knife used as weapon.

* Not to fond of swords, machette is cool but closest to a sword that i would like to see

• Like 4

go play dead island..... this is Dayz with bullet physics so the Arma engine would be wasted on this melee crap..

go play dead island..... this is Dayz with bullet physics so the Arma engine would be wasted on this melee crap..

OP you should edit your post and say whether you would like this in the standalone(?) version of dayz or if you would like them to try it in the Arma II engine.

I would say no to katana and trench knife. There are enough military firearms. It would break the atmoshere.

About dead island: melee weapons will really boost the atmosphere, but firearms spawn rate (or their ammo spawn) should be decreased along with melee addition, or they will be just useless.

I would like to add:

1)Hammer (medium dmg, civilian loot spawns)

2)Baseball bat (knockdown, little dmg)

3) A piece of wood (found nearly everywhere, knockdown, no dmg)

4) Sickle (found in barns, medium/high dmg)

5) Scythe (found in barns, instant kill, low attack rate)

6) Oar (found at the broken boats on the beach, knockdown, medium dmg, low attack rate)

7) Piece of pipe (found at the industrial areas, medium dmg)

• Like 2

One of my favorite weapons systems came out for the Resident Evil line. Outbreak files. You got brooms, all kinds of just shit you'd not think a weapon then yea. One of the characters could even take bars and concrete and make a huge like hammer thing that only the two big guys could use. Re vamp it and update it some and I think the possiblities would be endless.

What would you be more scared of a group of folks that snuck in with military weapons or a guy that came running down the road with a bull horn playing some metallica, then right as the zombies were behind him, some trailor park hill billies (No offense just saying for mental purposes) sprang out in trucks that has lawnmower's with no decks wielded at an angle to the sides of their trucks and just sent zombie pieces every where. Got out of the trucks with hockey masks for armor and base ball bats with rail road spikes through them? Ramped up weed eaters with fish guttin knives instead of wire, or better yet, a useful purpose for razor wire. Frog gigging sticks with Dynomite on them?

Hell I could go on...perhaps I think too much about an actual zombie apoc but hell, its part of the fun. Damn bungi strap wrapped brick, us it like one of those old sticky hands you used in school to mess with peoples papers? Parking meter with concrete still attached?

I'd put my gun down and put my hands up. Just sayin.

• Like 1

Lets get back to basics. Anyone played manhunt? Jesus, one of the most gruesome games in history. Speculating on that though, what about plastic bags? wrap it around someones head, they'll sufficate, and it's something basic you could find anywhere. It'll make no noise and would be an effective weapon. Of course this would be impractical to use on Zeds, but i think it could really amp up some awesome PvP combat.