Sign in to follow this  
Samps

I should have known better

well, things where going good, scouting and looting the towns to the north, had my brown hunter gear (pants, hoodie, beenie) sks with ammo, magnum with ammo, sawed off stuck in my pack, and had a crossbow and around 20 bolts, full map and compass, good supply of meds and water. anyways, was running around, only 3 people on the server, thought i was safe, hadnt seen any zombies in awhile, wanted to go have a smoke. well instead of logging out like i should have i found some bushes and went prone. came back inside about 3 mins later, black screen "you are dead"

wish it told me what killed me

• Like 2

Smoking kills.

Haha but really, logging is always for the best. Better to be prepared for nothing than to be unprepared for something.

-KB

• Like 6

the Mi-17 in your signature, you talking about the helicopter?

Have no clue what you did on a 3 player server, but you can never be sure. Yes, you should have known better, either a zombie killed you or a player somehow found you.

I'm glad it doesn't tell what killed you.

the Mi-17 in your signature, you talking about the helicopter?

Yeah, the helicopter.

it should deffently tell u who or what killed u and there should be a global chat as well TBH there almost like no interaction with other players cuz most are just dumb and KOS

• Like 1

it should deffently tell u who or what killed u and there should be a global chat as well TBH there almost like no interaction with other players cuz most are just dumb and KOS

I think there should be a message if you are killed while logging off telling "you were killed" just you know if your character was killed or deleted by bugs. 

I don't like the exact message telling me who killed me and how. 

I like Dayz much better without the Global Chat, there are no people insulting anothers for being killed etc, much more immersive without it.

When i was alone on a server 1/40...someone joined...after 5 min i saw the guy on the airfield going up the ladder,he got shot for server hopping xD.

Gone afk myself for a smoke...  found a bush to prone into in the middle of the woods and walked away from the screen.

About two minutes later, my daughter runs out the backdoor of the house laughing her head off saying 'a zombie found you dad and your screen went black'.... :blush:

Lesson learned there. I always log out now, wherever i am.

• Like 1

99% chance that zombie got you. They can come pretty slowly towards you because they can stop for a while and continue after you after the server makes them move again. You really need to wait and observe before you log out because there can be a zombies 500m away from you standing still but it's really after you when the server makes them move again.

You know what killed you, leaving your character unattended, killed you.

When i was alone on a server 1/40...someone joined...after 5 min i saw the guy on the airfield going up the ladder,he got shot for server hopping xD.

How do you know he was server hopping?

It could have been maybe probably was a zombie that got you. At times when I log out I wait for a bit and then some random zombie I pulled comes running up.

My intuition told me that.It was in dezember^.

My intuition told me that.It was in dezember^.

Still could've snuck up on him and seen what he was up to rather then KoS

If you had been running around for a while I'd put money on a zed got you. I've encountered some pretty weird things with zeds - I've seen some keep aggro for what seemed to be an eternity, I swear one once followed me nearly from Berezino almost all the way to Elektro before I finally stopped and killed it. This can happen easier if you're carrying a shotgun in hands or something and not running as fast but it can still happen. If I've got to rest I always do it elevated, either lying atop a ladder somewhere or on a 2nd or higher story of a building, but if I'm away for more than 30 seconds I log.

Lol I AFK'd for 5-10 mins twice yesterday & was worried the entire time. Thankfully I have a wireless headset, so I listened while I was cleaning my place but those damn audio glitches were freakin me out. EVery 15-30 secs I would heared a Zed or a gun reloading & it would cause me to rush back to my computer. Lesson learned: Just log out.

I was held up in berizino copshop snipers firing in I was actually dying from hunger.any way their was a bambi with me he had an axe I said "can you open my beans ill watch the door" he did so...I only meant to nibble but hit eat all That's when the chop chop started on my skull.lesson learned trust no one ever

I was held up in berizino copshop snipers firing in I was actually dying from hunger.any way their was a bambi with me he had an axe I said "can you open my beans ill watch the door" he did so...I only meant to nibble but hit eat all That's when the chop chop started on my skull.lesson learned trust no one ever

I also learned not to trust anyone - the hard way. Was in Svetlojarsk when I heard a guy calling for help. When i found him he was bleading with no clothes on... So i tried to go and bandage him. As soon as I opened my inventory I was dead. Another guy shot me from a building... Will still try to help others but will be more carefull next time :)

I guess I got lucky today. I ran to Elektro and made my way inside the fire station, hoping to find some 7.62x39mm ammo. I made it to the second level of the tower and someone knocked on the door. I didn't think it would take too long so I just laid prone and went to answer the door. Well, it was my landlord and he wanted to talk about the repairs on the house(blah blah). We talked for like 20 minutes. When I came back I was still alive, laying prone, but there was a body next to me who hadn't been there when I left. I immediately ran down the stairs and saw 2 more dead bodies inside the garage. I don't know who killed those guys and decided to spare me, but I felt pretty lucky. Got some pretty cool gear off the bodies too.

Because he was probably doing the same thing on a 1/40 server... what a hypocrite.

• Like 1