Sign in to follow this  
maninthewall

More WW2 guns?

But it's based upon "feeling" regarding an aesthetic, it's your personal feeling. In my experience, discriminating between certain things based on "feeling" never really makes sense.

I certainly get what you're saying, and agree that WWII weapons should be in DayZ (they really already are, with the P38 and Mosin), but they shouldn't be included INSTEAD of something else based upon a feeling.

Modern weapons, to me, don't therefore feel anti-survivor or anti-apocalyptic.

And, in an unrelated note, to whoever said that American mid-century weapons should not be found in Eastern Europe... Lithuania, I believe, has a surplus stockpile of tens of thousands of M14s. And here's an image of two Thompsons sitting in a gun shop in Prague...

IMG_2107.JPG

Ha, this shop window looked really familiar to me, then i read in your post it really is the gun shop in the street where i live :) Btw one night i noticed them smuggling a van full of M2's inside :)

Perhaps not weapons specifically from World War 2, maybe weapons from the 50s 60s 70s and 80s to provide more of a variety!

i would love the PSSH in dayz, its russian to.

Russian and German WW2 weapons make sense, american no, MAYBE the M1 garand as theyre very popular rifles in countries where large cal semi autos are legal

haha a post about ww2 guns is good but mentions US weapons ?? O_o 

eastern europe matey! german and russian gats pleeease

Russian and German WW2 weapons make sense, american no, MAYBE the M1 garand as theyre very popular rifles in countries where large cal semi autos are legal

haha a post about ww2 guns is good but mentions US weapons ?? O_o 

eastern europe matey! german and russian gats pleeease

M1903 Springfields are probably better, those saw a lot more spread around eastern Europe because they were used in both WW1 and WW2 and are legal in many more places (And popular sporterized versions were also manufactured)

However, to M1 Garands, M1 Carbines, Lee-Enfields, I'd say no thanks. The Garand isn't the worst weapon they could choose (and its definitely iconic), but a KAR-98K/Gewehr 98 and an SVT-40 would be better to have.

If I had to pick an American gun from WW2 to put in (besides the M1911, of course), it'd be the M3 Greasegun, since so many were made and left behind because of how cheap they were, how much longer it was in service (til the 1990s) and because they also have .45 ACP in game (vs. .30-06 and .30 Carbine)

Edited by Chaingunfighter
  • Like 1

Thompson would feel great even though it doesn't make a lot of sense

I personally think most World War 2 guns are a little too old. Thats why I would rather like to see their sucessors as Cold War weaponry fits the setting much better - especially weapons that are still in use today.

M1 Garand - No, add the M14 instead. Its quite similar and fits better into the game.

M1 Carbine - Could work as its a mass produced and popular weapon similar to the Mosin (as a civilian weapon).

Thompson, PPSH-14 - I would rather like to see more modern submachine guns like the Uzi, MP5 etc.

I'd like an SVT-40, Tokarev TT-33, MP-40, KAR-98K, M3 Greasegun, and PPSh-41/PPS-43 in the long-run. However, 50s/60s/70s/80s weapons would probably be the majority of guns you'd find in Chernarus (AKMs, AK-74s, AKS-74Us, SVDs, G3s, FN FALs, M16s, RPD/RPKs, Makarovs, etc.)

agreed, although I expect Mosin, SKS and Tokarev to be pretty darn common.

M1 GARAND PLZ

DIE PLZ.

Edited by orlok
Do not say this to folk. Suspended.

M1903 Springfields are probably better, those saw a lot more spread around eastern Europe because they were used in both WW1 and WW2 and are legal in many more places (And popular sporterized versions were also manufactured)

However, to M1 Garands, M1 Carbines, Lee-Enfields, I'd say no thanks. The Garand isn't the worst weapon they could choose (and its definitely iconic), but a KAR-98K/Gewehr 98 and an SVT-40 would be better to have.

If I had to pick an American gun from WW2 to put in (besides the M1911, of course), it'd be the M3 Greasegun, since so many were made and left behind because of how cheap they were, how much longer it was in service (til the 1990s) and because they also have .45 ACP in game (vs. .30-06 and .30 Carbine)

Yeah, I think ACE mod in ArmA II give the chedaki engineer a grease gun as default loadout

I support the M1 Carbine and the M1A1 Carbine being Added  :D . I agree with the "Surviverish"  feel to it. Tyresse  from the Walking Dead uses the M1A1 Carbine in the show. I love the idea.

I support the M1 Carbine and the M1A1 Carbine being Added  :D . I agree with the "Surviverish"  feel to it. Tyresse  from the Walking Dead uses the M1A1 Carbine in the show. I love the idea.

No, he uses the M1. The M1A1 was the one with the metal folding stock rather than the full wooden one. Regardless, it's a cool weapon, but I doubt they'll add it because there aren't a whole lot of weapons that use .30 carbine. The closest thing they could do to an M1 without making new ammo would be the Ruger Mini-14, which I actually want (5.56x45mm, but semi-automatic and very different from the AR-15 type rifles and common select-fire ones).

Edited by Chaingunfighter