nurdseprem

The AK Sound

For me it sounds like the mod sound, but that doesn't mean its good. I don't like the AK firing sound because it sounds 08/15 like in CS without any volumetric effects.

Compare to JRHDS

You can hear him shooting at : 01:46:15 -> http://www.twitch.tv/hicks_206/b/526168389

Compare to this :

It is ancient tradition in bohemia interactive to have the crappiest weapon sounds. It was true for all arma games.

• Like 4

It is a bit silly to talk about how the AK sounds crappy when it isn't even officially in the game yet.

I really wish BIS would hire the guy who did JSRS. the stock sounds they use are really weak for all the arma gans and SA too for that matter. with JSRS the volume levels of weapons in relation to the environment is much louder, has more "depth", and each weapon is more distinct. Also if you ever been whot AT while using this mod the bullet cracks are terrifying lol

• Like 1

I really wish BIS would hire the guy who did JSRS. the stock sounds they use are really weak for all the arma gans and SA too for that matter. with JSRS the volume levels of weapons in relation to the environment is much louder, has more "depth", and each weapon is more distinct. Also if you ever been whot AT while using this mod the bullet cracks are terrifying lol

If Bohemia was in the margin of hiring competent talent and resources with the 40 million dollars in revenue they raised....... we'd have working suppressors, fixed zombies, fixed ambient sounds, fixed desync, and fixed disntance rendering.

Weird, I kinda liked Arma 2 & Arma 3 sounds, same with DayZ mod.

May of weapon sounds for Arma 2 were recorded at gun range, not sure what more to do with them?

But yeah, Dayz Standalone has currently crappy sounds, the positional aspect is totally off, they guns are not loud enough, often you dont hear them at all etc.

In the end they said sounds will be polished almost as last thing, so we gotta wait.

Weird, I kinda liked Arma 2 & Arma 3 sounds, same with DayZ mod.

May of weapon sounds for Arma 2 were recorded at gun range, not sure what more to do with them?

But yeah, Dayz Standalone has currently crappy sounds, the positional aspect is totally off, they guns are not loud enough, often you dont hear them at all etc.

In the end they said sounds will be polished almost as last thing, so we gotta wait.

im not sure but i think to some extent they may have been compressed or used a lower quality format to optimize file size or perfomance? im not an audio expert so i really cant speak to the science or meathodology of why you use a certain recording setup or file format over another. what i DO know is that the stock sounds seem rather "flat".. almost as if fired further then arms length away in a pervectly flat enfironment with no reverb. the JSRS sounds are much "meatier" and more like the gun sounds you'd expect from a high budget action movie.

im not sure but i think to some extent they may have been compressed or used a lower quality format to optimize file size or perfomance? im not an audio expert so i really cant speak to the science or meathodology of why you use a certain recording setup or file format over another. what i DO know is that the stock sounds seem rather "flat".. almost as if fired further then arms length away in a pervectly flat enfironment with no reverb. the JSRS sounds are much "meatier" and more like the gun sounds you'd expect from a high budget action movie.

Ok thanks for your thoughts.

I hope, that once SA gets to the phase of sound tweaking, that all will be good.

I want loud gun firing sounds and also better positional awareness or where they might be shot from.

I was of the impression that the current weapon sounds were placeholders and would be replaced in due time.

• Like 1

If Bohemia was in the margin of hiring competent talent and resources with the 40 million dollars in revenue they raised....... we'd have working suppressors, fixed zombies, fixed ambient sounds, fixed desync, and fixed disntance rendering.

Man, I thought I was a cynical old bastard, but you make me look like the happiest guy alive. Who do you have chained to you that pisses in your cheerios every day, to make you such a negative nancy? you never post a single positive thing, it's always crying and bitching.

• Like 1

It is ancient tradition in bohemia interactive to have the crappiest weapon sounds. It was true for all arma games.

Every gun this far has a pretty decent gun soune except for the M4

Every gun this far has a pretty decent gun soune except for the M4

did you use the Mosin before the sound update? bashing a pot on the floor produced a more realistic sound that that did. Also the revolver sounds so damn weak in it's current state.

You're a bit grumpy today aren't you?

And here I was thinking you had calmed down a bit yesterday :P

Rick you know nothing about game development. You seem to think the devs can wave a magic wand and make a finished game in a day. 

As for calling others incompetent... well you know what they say Rick... pot calling the kettle black, people in glass houses, etc.

Are you saying there isn't a code string that says "Fix game yes/no"... I am shocked :P

• Like 1

It is a bit silly to talk about how the AK sounds crappy when it isn't even officially in the game yet.

It's a little silly to believe that if the AK files are already in the game that Bohemia would bother to change them rather than just go with what is already there.     Have you not seen zombies for the past 2 years?   They are still broken as hell.   So they audio for the AK would be kept the same too I would think.

It's a little silly to believe that if the AK files are already in the game that Bohemia would bother to change them rather than just go with what is already there.

Yeah, the other guy was right; you know nothing about game or software development. I think I've probably created more placeholder animations and models than I have production ones.

Edited by Hells High

JSRS helps with the #1 problem in stock arma sounds.

Positional audio.

I find it impossible to pinpoint exactly the direction of a gunshot in dayz but with jsrs i can tell exactly what direction and usually how far.

• Like 1

I was of the impression that the current weapon sounds were placeholders and would be replaced in due time.

Me too.

Because every one of those $40 million dollar bills is actually a small robot that is programmed to go into DayZ and find every possible bug and/or complaint that specific people have and to fix them.

• Like 1