leefriendfield

How to set up an autorun key in DayZ

I'm not implying anything, I am straight out telling you they are not valid. A running macro, yeah sure I can live with that, a macro to make you do something that you couldn't normally do cause you lack skill, yeah that's BS.

Oh I have macro keyboard, I am just not that pathetic.

Yeah if you are quick, so if you have SKILL. Which clearly you don't, don't let me get in your way of cheating though lol

I'll bring this down to more understandable levels, this burst macro doesn't affect accuracy, it doesn't help me aim more than my natural god given level of aim. My burst fire macro doesn't affect a mosin, or a blaze, which I use most often paired with a m1911. A .07 second Delay is nothing compared to what you can do with a good mouse, that you've gotten the feel for, by limiting it to exactly 3 I can conserve ammo, and allow the recoil to carry my shots from center mass to neck and head. It you want to be so technical about what cheating is, then allowing yourself to autopilot is an unfair advantage over someone who doesn't have macro capability. Having 7.1 surround sound is an advantage of mono audio, having third person while some one on the server is in first person is unfair, having a higher FPS than someone else is unfair. In order to eliminate what you consider cheating would require every player to play on the same system with, with the same specs, same peripherals, and same connection speed.

I wish someone could get this working with the G-series keyboards, or the Corsair software. I am to the point where I would pay someone who could figure out how to make an autorun macro work for those.

works with my logitech G13. Set a macro for Toggle W + Shift then toggle off to turn off. simple

Why stop there? You can create a macro to eliminate recoil too.

So what your saying is you cheat? Nice welcome to the forums

I don't think you know what a macro is. :(

• Like 1

works with my logitech G13. Set a macro for Toggle W + Shift then toggle off to turn off. simple

Well, not really. Every time I tried to make one, I was able to get it to toggle on... and it never turned off. I had to relog in order to get the macro to shut off.

I'm working coffee now, so once the cobwebs clear I'll be trying this.

I'm not implying anything, I am straight out telling you they are not valid. A running macro, yeah sure I can live with that, a macro to make you do something that you couldn't normally do cause you lack skill, yeah that's BS.

Oh I have macro keyboard, I am just not that pathetic.

Yeah if you are quick, so if you have SKILL. Which clearly you don't, don't let me get in your way of cheating though lol

1KguNQj.jpg

I'll bring this down to more understandable levels, this burst macro doesn't affect accuracy, it doesn't help me aim more than my natural god given level of aim. My burst fire macro doesn't affect a mosin, or a blaze, which I use most often paired with a m1911. A .07 second Delay is nothing compared to what you can do with a good mouse, that you've gotten the feel for, by limiting it to exactly 3 I can conserve ammo, and allow the recoil to carry my shots from center mass to neck and head. It you want to be so technical about what cheating is, then allowing yourself to autopilot is an unfair advantage over someone who doesn't have macro capability. Having 7.1 surround sound is an advantage of mono audio, having third person while some one on the server is in first person is unfair, having a higher FPS than someone else is unfair. In order to eliminate what you consider cheating would require every player to play on the same system with, with the same specs, same peripherals, and same connection speed.

So technically since everyone can get cheats cheats aren't also cheating right? Good news for a lot of people.

• Like 1

I just jam a paper clip into W and go grab a beer. /thread

• Like 2

Why do people need to use macros? hope you all get shot half way on your lazy travels. ;)

Just find somewhere safe if you need to get anything.

Edited by Pazzmon

Well, not really. Every time I tried to make one, I was able to get it to toggle on... and it never turned off. I had to relog in order to get the macro to shut off.

i know what you mean. It is a bit funky. I can tell you when i got home from office exactly. I think you create the macro,(press record) and hold W and Shift, then release them both (then stop record) then choose toggle (With no time delay inbetween repeat)  i think as default there is a 0.2 time delay chosen there. you might have left them both held down and stopped recording without releasing them both,.

I dont know if its the same for every G series but with my G19 I have a macro of double tap W.

Being precise, it is a "W down" -> "W up" -> "W down" again and no following up, counting as a forever pressed. This makes my char sprint and go forever until I press W taking control of my char again, and if I let the key go, the computer receives "W up" and char stops.

I wish someone could get this working with the G-series keyboards, or the Corsair software. I am to the point where I would pay someone who could figure out how to make an autorun macro work for those.

Use AutoHotKey... easy and practically failsafe... here's a script for FOV + Autorun (f7-f9  key assigned)

http://pastebin.com/9HPpSt3w

Edited by zeroy99

Use AutoHotKey... easy and practically failsafe... here's a script for FOV + Autorun (f7-f9  key assigned)

http://pastebin.com/9HPpSt3w

Thanks. I have seen this one before, cant remember if it was here or reddit... but I am still holding out hope that I can make one work with the software I already have, without downloading yet another. Actually, I would love to see them put an actual autorun bind into the game...but I hold out less hope for that, than I do for a bicycle next patch.

Lv6Hrh9.jpg

Make sure you're not using the "Multi Key" option. It seems to do as you described and not turn off when hitting the macro key a second time. This one here works fine for both mine and my son's computers.

Why do people need to use macros? hope you all get shot half way on your lazy travels. ;)

Just find somewhere safe if you need to get anything.

Some people like myself and my buddies like to chat on long runs so I use this auto run tool to not have to be jamming down W. On top of that its nice Being able to have free hands to do other stuff like browsing the internet on my phone yet keep moving.

Make sure you're not using the "Multi Key" option. It seems to do as you described and not turn off when hitting the macro key a second time. This one here works fine for both mine and my son's computers.

Multikey was the problem. Thanks man, you are a lifesaver!

The only issue I see with this is that you have to press the macro key to disable the macro. Pressing W does nothing. However, it is a small price to pay.

Hi,

Here is G-Series Autorun script.It gets startet With pressing G1. If you want to change the G-Key number go to this line

if event == "G_PRESSED" and arg == 1 then

and change the ! into another number. Enjoy.

Eplanation:

Open your logitech gaming software
Go to the profiles section
Right click on your DayZ profile > click 'scripting'
Paste the following into the new 'DayZ - Script' window that just appeared. If it only has the default script then you can delete it and completely replace it. Save the default script into notepad before deleting it if your worried about making a mistake. If you have a custom script already in there then you should know how to add this below bit in.

shiftToggle = false

function OnEvent(event,arg)

shiftToggle = not shiftToggle
if shiftToggle then
PressKey("w")
else
ReleaseKey("w")
end
end
end

Go to the 'Script' menu up the top > click 'Save'. You should get a message below that says something like "(11:06:33) Script Loaded (DayZ)". If there are extra lines or if it says something else the script may be wrong.

Test in Dayz.

It can be slightly fiddly if you press forward and this button at the same time as it will make you sprint. It's pretty easy to get used to though and works pretty well.

Hope it saves some of you some pain.

Source: This Forum created by "FaxMonkey"

Edited by exec85

Hi,

Here is G-Series Autorun script.It gets startet With pressing G1. If you want to change the G-Key number go to this line

and change the ! into another number. Enjoy.

Eplanation:

Open your logitech gaming software

Go to the profiles section

Right click on your DayZ profile > click 'scripting'

Paste the following into the new 'DayZ - Script' window that just appeared. If it only has the default script then you can delete it and completely replace it. Save the default script into notepad before deleting it if your worried about making a mistake. If you have a custom script already in there then you should know how to add this below bit in.

Go to the 'Script' menu up the top > click 'Save'. You should get a message below that says something like "(11:06:33) Script Loaded (DayZ)". If there are extra lines or if it says something else the script may be wrong.

Test in Dayz.

It can be slightly fiddly if you press forward and this button at the same time as it will make you sprint. It's pretty easy to get used to though and works pretty well.

Hope it saves some of you some pain.

That's not too bad, but I can't seem to make myself sprint. I just keep jogging. How do you do it?

EDIT: Apparently by rapidly pressing the macro key three times it makes you sprint. One tap for jog, three taps for sprint, one tap to stop. Neat.

Edited by Grimey Rick

Why do people need to use macros?

Why not? works both ways. Macro can be useful for a number of reasons - they have been used by gamers for a long time and will remain for even more!

LOL well... so the macro works great in game but is still funky as hell. I was trying to reply to a post here and the macro just spammed W's across. When I hit W, it went into sprint mode and typed W's twice as fast lol. Had to delete the macro entirely in order to be able to type, haha.

• Like 1

LOL well... so the macro works great in game but is still funky as hell. I was trying to reply to a post here and the macro just spammed W's across. When I hit W, it went into sprint mode and typed W's twice as fast lol. Had to delete the macro entirely in order to be able to type, haha.

This auto run script essentially holds down W 24/7. You just need to turn off the auto run by pressing UP again. This script works as a toggle for holding W.

I made an autorun macro on my Razer Naga. I can't even imagine playing without it anymore. :D

Can someone help with an autorun macro for the Razer Synapse 2.0?  I have a Razer Naga Hex, but when I tried to record my autorun macro, it behaves very weird...basically the character stutters around.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

So much beans for you!

I used to use the old steam overlay trick but this is epic....and works on my cheap keyboard :)

Yeah thank you! This is very helpful info!

Also, to the guy posting about macros.. c'mon man, this is quite far from a macro. This is a single key press configuration.