Sign in to follow this  
St. Jimmy

Would you like "high grade stuff" be spread more around the map?

Currently we have the same problem as in the mod that the high grade stuff can be only found or are way too common in places like airfields, military barracks, piano house and fire/police station. This makes those places too centralized and makes the world feel small because there are those keen places that you can be sure you find all the things you need and you ignore other places because of that until you try find food.

Many people just run from airfield/military base to another and a lot of nice places are ignored.

What if basically every house have a small chance to spawn some goodies and military base spawns would be lowered? Maybe the apocalypse has been there for some time and weapons etc. are more spread our everywhere.

I'll edit poll here if I can.

• Like 6

It won't stay the way it is.  The reason everyone spawns on the east coast and gear is SUPER easy to come by is to test it's functionality.  Once all the smoke clears, loot will be adjusted, and so will the spawn points.  I do agree though, I found enough guns and ammo in Vybor to equip a squad of 5 guys.

Edited by aimbot.eXe

It won't stay the way it is.  The reason everyone spawns on the east coast and gear is SUPER easy tom come by is to test it's functionality.  Once all the smoke clears, loot will be adjusted, and so will the spawn points.  I do agree though, I found enough guns and ammo in Vybor to equip a squad of 5 guys.

Yeah I believe that but I still afraid that they go the same way as in the mod and like it currently is in standalone that high grade stuff spawn only in those places and there's 0% chance to find anything cool from a carage for example.

Don't care. People will get gear and move around the map, then get their gear stolen from them. 

Yeah I believe that but I still afraid that they go the same way as in the mod and like it currently is in standalone that high grade stuff spawn only in those places and there's 0% chance to find anything cool from a carage for example.

To some extent there needs to be a 0% chance.  You wouldn't find a M4 in a hospital for example.  And with the mod, they were limited because of the lack of enterable buildings, and they were limited by the arma engine.  Now they have complete control over the system, so I imagine the current system will eventually get a massive overhaul.

I agree except I think there should still exist "hot zones". I clearly remember, in the mod, the first time I made my way to NWAF. The thrill was genuine because I knew what was there-lots of high grade stuff and extremely dangerous players.

Long term I hope they make the new apt complexes above Cherno into a bonanza of loot. I think it would be great for that area of the map to support 30+ players all on its own. There's so much pvp opportunity in that area but right now it is a ghost town because there's nothing to loot there of significance. 

• Like 1

I not only think it will be a good Idea, it will be necessary when larger amounts of players are on the map, and we have fast travel of vehicles. As of right now I find it gross how we are all crammed into berezino, rify, and NE airfield, I would love to see the castles fully used, and all the smaller towns picked over.

I think people need to think of it in terms of "likelihood" rather than "X spawning here or not." Point being, you can have both.

Residential houses should have an exponentially lower likelihood of spawning "high-end" loot than say a barracks building. But they should still have a remote chance of spawning something decent.

This way, residential buildings are still viable areas to loot on the off-chance that you find something exceptional (in addition to the regular loot needed to survive) and "high-value" buildings are still hotspots.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 2

If "GI Joe" wants to run around from airfield to airfield I say let him. I'll be around the smaller towns doing just fine.

Keep military stuff where it belongs: in military areas - the only exception is for pistol magazines. Those need to be in residential areas too.

Keep military stuff where it belongs: in military areas - the only exception is for pistol magazines. Those need to be in residential areas too.

Why magazines and not guns? Who has gun magazines but no gun? As someone else said the apocalypse should have been going on for a while and things should have been moved around, NPC survivors should have found and M4 and died in a random place leaving that M4 for a player to find.

I don't think they should fully be random but less frequent.

"hotzones" as said are necessary for PVP fun, they could have a prison type area(planned I think) which is the ONLY place you can find a riot shotgun, for example.

People will camp there for sure but the risk is to make your way through and get an awesome weapon out of it.

More guns should be in airfields and military bases, but not so many.

Why are M4's even in hangers anyway? Many places you find things don't make a lot of sense. The army should mostly have evacuated or died not left all their guns laying around.

There is no reason to, the high loot areas are notoriously dangerous, you are taking a risk all on its own for going there. The only problem is that there is too many servers making loot easy to get.

Complete removal of military loot near spawn areas would fix that too.

• Like 1

Complete removal of military loot near spawn areas would fix that too.

This is what I also hope and it would require some change in the map. IMO too many bases spread around. One or two would be enough then spread some "high grade stuff" like guns and mags in normal houses. There must be some hunters or weapon addicts in Chernarus that have guns in their home :)

I would reduce gun spawns a bit it is ridiculous how much guns and ammo you got now. Balota and the two airfields are enough for the whole map, then you got piano houses, firestations, schools and many others.

Too many guns

I agree, there should be a very low chance that all types of loot spawn everywhere. This adds variety and surprise to looting.

Key words here folks: very low

If "GI Joe" wants to run around from airfield to airfield I say let him. I'll be around the smaller towns doing just fine.

Pretty sure police, military, survivalist, etc....would not be exclusively on military bases, police stations or thier bunkers. You could find gear anyway.., including laying around in the woods. The best bet would be those peace time areas, but in these times that chance could be anywhere. Police and military would have engaged zeds, at least in the beginning...lol.

The only real change I would like to see is to find an LRS somewhere non-military. It's an 8x scope, which is a common type of hunting scope- not specifically sniper oriented. Hence, it should be found in towns and villages more often than at the airfields.

Other than that I think the loot spawns are pretty legit.

I beg to differ, my rarest find ever in the mod was a ghillie suit in the corridor that moves under houses. Those normally spawn a map at best. Ghillie suits were even extremely rare in military areas 

This one is what I'm talking about: land_houseblock_a3.jpg

There was a chance, but of course with the proper rarity. 

I don't mind loot spawning where it shoud. Creates clear PvP zones so that type of player always knows where to go. I actually feel the opposite of OP, I feel they have added too many gun spawns in other locations. Less and just around the airfields would keep the KoS ers there and give obvious "zones" to travel around if you aren't interested in firefights ;)

When military bases and other militaristic structures spawn one weapon half of the time at best, players will move around the map more or they will server hop. The spawn rates in the alpha currently (gotta let us find weapons so we can test them and constructively gripe) are not a good representation of how they will be in the finished product.

Hopefully we'll be desperately searching every shed and deer stand to find a pistol or shotgun while fighting off starvation and infection in addition to a bullet in the head.

Also, when airfields are sufficiently infested with zombies, players won't be able to sprint in willy nilly without proper equipment.

Currently we have the same problem as in the mod that the high grade stuff can be only found or are way too common in places like airfields, military barracks, piano house and fire/police station. This makes those places too centralized and makes the world feel small because there are those keen places that you can be sure you find all the things you need and you ignore other places because of that until you try find food.

Many people just run from airfield/military base to another and a lot of nice places are ignored.

What if basically every house have a small chance to spawn some goodies and military base spawns would be lowered? Maybe the apocalypse has been there for some time and weapons etc. are more spread our everywhere.

I'll edit poll here if I can.

The problem right now is there is not enough high grade loot to even worry about spreading out right now.