Sign in to follow this  
Rick1633

Will the late May update fix the broken distance rendering?

Actually my point is completely relevant. Crying about not seeing distant impacts with a rifle is crying about something unrealistic to begin with here. Hope it never gets fixed. Call it bug solved an arcade cheat if you will....

BTW, I question your ability to post on the forums, as it is obvious that you don't care about a broken mechanic.

Alright, I was trying to be patient, but know that all morons piss me off to extremities. I actually own a Mosin Nagant, and I bring it to the firing rang e regularly. All Mosin 91/30s cannot fit scopes, and when I fire it at a target that is 800 M away I can see the bullet splash completely fine, WITHOUT A SCOPE. If I had a scope, the splash would be more than obvious. I shoot Hay Bale targets. The only time I could see bullet splash not being visible would be if it hit a building, but even then it blasts dust off of concrete.

Morons? I won't dignify your hay bale expertise with response.

• Like 1

BTW, I question your ability to post on the forums, as it is obvious that you don't care about a broken mechanic.

Lob those rounds if you got them - the broken mechanic works equally well or not for everyone. Your comment makes me chuckle as a gun owner and member of this forum. Call the USMC - we can cut the sniping teams in half, no spotters required from the experts here! They got the hay bales to prove it!

Lob those rounds if you got them - the broken mechanic works equally well or not for everyone. Your comment makes me chuckle as a gun owner and member of this forum. Call the USMC - we can cut the sniping teams in half, no spotters required from the experts here! They got the hay bales to prove it!

The fact that you think a VERY important mechanic doesn't matter is incredulous. Guess what? This is Dayz, and most if not all the time, no one is going to have a spotter. You NEED to see those bullet splashes in order to get an accurate shot. That is what Snipers and Artillery men did back in the old days because there wasn't advanced equipment to do that.

Morons? I won't dignify your hay bale expertise with response.

And yet you respond to both posts... Consistent :P

And yet you respond to both posts... Consistent :P

I didn't realize it was the same guy on my second response - done with this conversation....

Its not a game breakingbug that the game now fails to show blood spurts or bullet impacts?  Are you fucking serious?   This game has nothing to fucking do in it but pvp..... So for us to have no hit detection along with the shitty dispersion and bad mechanics.....  We now have a serious disadvantage for engaging in firefights...  What the fuck do you do in dayz?   Just play on servers with 5 people tonot realize this is game breaking?

Is the lack of bullet splashes crashing your game, is it making the game not boot up ?

No so its not a game breaking bug.

Like many things its not important to fix right now there are more pressing matters such as zombies and hunting.

You guys have grown far too dependent on the bullet impacts.

How about you actually know your shooting distance instead of relying on huge fake ass bullet impacts to help you walk your shots in.

One, they're not all that ridiculous. If I'm hitting a block of soggy wood at 800m, I'm not going to be able to see where my rounds are hitting. If I'm aiming at a shale cliffside, I am.

Two, again, this is a concern of in-game pragmatism rather than realism (in making sniping intelligible). That and it would probably be fairly demanding to develop a system wherein the impacts react differently based upon down-rage surfaces (which is what this really needs to be wholly "realistic").

Three, distance isn't really the only issue. I just want to know if I'm missing or not, even if I'm dialed in at the right distance. Demanding cold-bore accuracy out of everyone is a bit ridiculous.

Four, as I mentioned previously, there is no existing infrastructure offered as an alternative (i.e. bullet trail or variable materials). And until that happens, this will have to suffice as a substitute.

Would I mind if it were subdued? Maybe not. Would I mind if it were left alone? Nope. Would I want an alternative for judging where my rounds are hitting? Sure.

Edited by Katana67

All of you should calm down before posting. This thread has seen far enough swearing and fucks. And I honestly can't understand how people can go crazy over bullet impacts in an Alpha.

It is a shame, really. You all know it's alpha and it's neither an excuse nor is anyone being a fanboy by pointing that out to you guys nicely. It's a mere fact and it's also a fact that these kind of comments aren't needed around here, as they're demeaning and honestly sound like little children complaining, because they ran out of valid things to say, so instead the "fanboy" / "EXCUSES!" card is pulled.

No bullet splashes is one of the first things I noticed with the update and has forced me to put the game on the shelf since... 

If missing bulletimpacts in a very early Alpha cause you to give up on the game, you should do yourself a favor and actually do that. There will be more and bigger things to worry about than that, and if you deem that kind of bug a gamebreaker already I don't think you're ready to face the other bugs an Alpha will undoubtedly bring.

So much gets broken with every patch from these guys,they really need to learn some priority's and maybe sart actually fixing something rather than just going for quantiy over quality lol

I don't think you understand how the system works and I personally think this disqualifies you to give an oppinion about it, if that's the outcome. You need to start adding features to the game and if you get slowed down trying to get everything perfect it will take you 10 times as long in developmenttime.

I am not going to pull the "oh, look at me - I know what I am talking about!" card, as that's lame. One thing is important to be noted, however: an alpha in the state DayZ currently is in you don't start fixing everything, and especially not something that is as minor as missing bulletimpacts.

• Like 3

Actually my point is completely relevant. Crying about not seeing distant impacts with a rifle is crying about something unrealistic to begin with here. Hope it never gets fixed. Call it bug solved an arcade cheat if you will....

Did you read my post or ever play the game?  It isnt just impacts of walls and ground that fail to render.... There is no blood spurt from impact now.      If you want realism, why are you not concerned no blood on impact of a high velocity rifle round?      

And why are we even having this conversation?   They unintentionally broke a very simple function that all fps games intentionally have.      Why do you want to give them an excuse to lazily ignore a big problem with their games functionality?    I cant believe you are excusing them.     

All of you should calm down before posting. This thread has seen far enough swearing and fucks. And I honestly can't understand how people can go crazy over bullet impacts in an Alpha.

It is a shame, really. You all know it's alpha and it's neither an excuse nor is anyone being a fanboy by pointing that out to you guys nicely. It's a mere fact and it's also a fact that these kind of comments aren't needed around here, as they're demeaning and honestly sound like little children complaining, because they ran out of valid things to say, so instead the "fanboy" / "EXCUSES!" card is pulled.

If missing bulletimpacts in a very early Alpha cause you to give up on the game, you should do yourself a favor and actually do that. There will be more and bigger things to worry about than that, and if you deem that kind of bug a gamebreaker already I don't think you're ready to face the other bugs an Alpha will undoubtedly bring.

I don't think you understand how the system works and I personally think this disqualifies you to give an oppinion about it, if that's the outcome. You need to start adding features to the game and if you get slowed down trying to get everything perfect it will take you 10 times as long in developmenttime.

I am not going to pull the "oh, look at me - I know what I am talking about!" card, as that's lame. One thing is important to be noted, however: an alpha in the state DayZ currently is in you don't start fixing everything, and especially not something that is as minor as missing bulletimpacts.

We see this excuse over and over again..........   Its alpha.   Yes its alpha...... But why release a patch without testing?  In a game that has nothing to do but pvp to high heaven...... You dont release a patch that makes engaging players that are over 100m a colossal and misreable cluster fuck because we cant see a bullet impact the person or objects nearby.    How is this not obvious to everyone?     Why did no one notice this on experimental? Who is reporting on there to devs?

• Like 1

We see this excuse over and over again..........   Its alpha.   Yes its alpha...... 

I don't think you have actually read my post.

But why release a patch without testing?  In a game that has nothing to do but pvp to high heaven...... You dont release a patch that makes engaging players that are over 100m a colossal and misreable cluster fuck because we cant see a bullet impact the person or objects nearby.    How is this not obvious to everyone?     Why did no one notice this on experimental? Who is reporting on there to devs?

Yet again, I don't think you have read my post.

What makes you think that the devs aren't aware? I am fairly certain that they are. There is simply no manpower nor need to fix this at the moment, as it is an [...]. Guess.

You have actually quoted rocket yourself here:

" I have not discussed this issue with devs yet" ?  What in God's name does thst fucking mean?  

That means he hasn't spoken to the devs yet. That's what it means. rocket doesn't know everything nor does he need to know everything. A project as big as DayZ also means that rocket isn't developing / programming everything himself anymore. He's the creator and projectlead, not the (only) Developer working on the game.

Why is this matter so important to you? Is it just because of your small little war you have going on with DayZ, trying to make the community think it's the worst game of all times? Why bother then anyway?

Edited by kichilron

We see this excuse over and over again..........   Its alpha.   Yes its alpha...... But why release a patch without testing?  In a game that has nothing to do but pvp to high heaven...... You dont release a patch that makes engaging players that are over 100m a colossal and misreable cluster fuck because we cant see a bullet impact the person or objects nearby.    How is this not obvious to everyone?     Why did no one notice this on experimental? Who is reporting on there to devs?

Because thats our job we are testing.

The alpha has no responsibility to be enjoyable or even function correctly.

To be honest as far as the pegging order, bullet impacts are probably far far in the rear atm there are bigger fish to fry.

• Like 1

I don't think you have actually read my post.

Yet again, I don't think you have read my post.

What makes you think that the devs aren't aware? I am fairly certain that they are. There is simply no manpower nor need to fix this at the moment, as it is an [...]. Guess.

You have actually quoted rocket yourself here:

That means he hasn't spoken to the devs yet. That's what it means. rocket doesn't know everything nor does he need to know everything. A project as big as DayZ also means that rocket isn't developing / programming everything himself anymore. He's the creator and projectlead, not the (only) Developer working on the game.

Why is this matter so important to you? Is it just because of your small little war you have going on with DayZ, trying to make the community think it's the worst game of all times? Why bother then anyway?

Sorry.  But i was confused because Dean said he asked about it......and then in same conversation says he has not talked about it with devs.   My original post was just asking if anyone knows if the late May update will have a fix.  My intention was not to complain, but to learn if devs are acknowledging it yet.

Because thats our job we are testing.

The alpha has no responsibility to be enjoyable or even function correctly.

To be honest as far as the pegging order, bullet impacts are probably far far in the rear atm there are bigger fish to fry.

You could be right.  And if the problem is from client vs server network..... That is a priority anyways.

We see this excuse over and over again.......... Its alpha. Yes its alpha...... But why release a patch without testing? In a game that has nothing to do but pvp to high heaven...... You dont release a patch that makes engaging players that are over 100m a colossal and misreable cluster fuck because we cant see a bullet impact the person or objects nearby. How is this not obvious to everyone? Why did no one notice this on experimental? Who is reporting on there to devs?

Its not an excuse its a fact, its an alpha we are the ones supposed to be testing it. A game with nothing to do but PvP? Its not technically a game yet its an alpha, and how do you expect them to implement more things to do if they prioritise tiny bugs like this? They have more important things to be concentrating on, I currently use the mosin and LRS in game and managed to play perfectly fine all day so how is it game breaking?

Also because there is an experimental branch it doesn't mean stable will be bug free, im guessing its more for finding game breaking bugs and more severe problems.

Either way the devs know about it, its up to them when they see fit to fix it. If you cant handle this then don't take part in an alpha.

Edit: many posts beat me to it, I type to slow on this damn phone.

Edited by Ricky Spanish

My intention was not to complain, but to learn if devs are acknowledging it yet.

I'm sorry, it's possible that I may have been confused by your aggressive behavior towards the devs in this thread assuming you were complaining because of all the swearing that was going along with it - even though you have been told to stop in the past.

Edited by kichilron

Well im sorry about that.     Its frustrating that we have zero indication they are working ony any core mechanics..... So when the last patched destroyed a key functioning of engaging players at over 100m......   And we had to explain this problem to Dean..... And he haphazardly says..... " I have not talked about that with Devs".   My only reaction is we are screwed.     We lost a core function of the game and they have never improved core functions of the game.

How are we supposed to react knowing these facts?

And we had to explain this problem to Dean..... And he haphazardly says..... " I have not talked about that with Devs".   My only reaction is we are screwed.

Why? Dean is not responsible for everything, even though people like you always seem to want to make him look like it. There are Dev's on this forum seen by everyone, posting feedback and elevating stuff, such as accolyte. There are others working in the background, actively solving problems on the Feedbacktracker and elevating stuff as well.

That's the reason rocket wouldn't know about it, as he can't know everything and you have been told many times.

We lost a core function of the game and they have never improved core functions of the game.

How are we supposed to react knowing these facts?

It's funny you should say that. Keep talking about facts and corefunctions that aren't being resolved. Guaranteed Messaging, Time acceleration, fixed mouse acceleration, physics.

You know those facts as well, yet you keep ignoring them.

Hell, apocz developer does a better job when rocket could put a 30th of his money into this game and make it better

Why? Dean is not responsible for everything, even though people like you always seem to want to make him look like it. There are Dev's on this forum seen by everyone, posting feedback and elevating stuff, such as accolyte. There are others working in the background, actively solving problems on the Feedbacktracker and elevating stuff as well.

That's the reason rocket wouldn't know about it, as he can't know everything and you have been told many times.

It's funny you should say that. Keep talking about facts and corefunctions that aren't being resolved. Guaranteed Messaging, Time acceleration, fixed mouse acceleration, physics.

You know those facts as well, yet you keep ignoring them.

OK, now we are getting somewhere.... so let's ask Accolyte if they are working on the broken functionality for the late May update.... Or........ is my gut feeling correct..... that they are pretending like the problem doesn't exist?   I only want to know that.   No need for all the drama that is being built up because people want to come defend the DayZ Stand Alone development so badly that they ignore critical problems that I'm asking about.   

is my gut feeling correct..... that they are pretending like the problem doesn't exist?

See, that's the problem with an Early Access Alpha. People think they are entitled to decide for the developers what needs fixing first. Just because it's not being fixed at the moment doesn't mean that it's never going to be fixed. It might not be as quick as you think it should be, but that doesn't mean that it's being ignored.

I personally don't think it's a gamebreaking issue, as it merely won't let you allow to snipe people on long ranges that easily anymore. Doesn't mean it's impossible and doesn't mean it changes much about the core aspects of the game.

You seem to fail to acknowledge that, which makes me think you're coming here for the argument itself rather than actually wanting to see things fixed.

If I would be in charge or would participate in development in Alpha stage this kind of issue would be all the way down on my list, if I can chose to work on desync, actual core mechanics amongst other things that need to be implemented for the future.

At the end of the day that is what an Alpha is all about - it's about adding features, that can then be fixed in Beta. But I assume you'll just ignore this bit again and instead insist on the fact that you want to be able to snipe some people on long ranges for no good reason.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 1

Fake bullet impacts?

Watch this video of a guy shooting  a Springfield 1903 rifle at 1000 yards (iron sights) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNHJjqZxpwQ#t=335 

This is crap.

That puff of dust you see at 1000 meters was taken through a lens that far exceeds the 8x magnification afforded by the LRS. In game, before the last patch, the blood spatters and impact hits you could see were greatly exaggerated, to say the least, to be able to see them at such a distance. So yeah, they were definitely "fake" as far as that goes.

Know your range, know your weapon and its limitations, and don't waste ammo on uber long range shots.

See, that's the problem with an Early Access Alpha. People think they are entitled to decide for the developers what needs fixing first. Just because it's not being fixed at the moment doesn't mean that it's never going to be fixed. It might not be as quick as you think it should be, but that doesn't mean that it's being ignored.

I personally don't think it's a gamebreaking issue, as it merely won't let you allow to snipe people on long ranges that easily anymore. Doesn't mean it's impossible and doesn't mean it changes much about the core aspects of the game.

You seem to fail to acknowledge that, which makes me think you're coming here for the argument itself rather than actually wanting to see things fixed.

If I would be in charge or would participate in development in Alpha stage this kind of issue would be all the way down on my list, if I can chose to work on desync, actual core mechanics amongst other things that need to be implemented for the future.

Yes.    But could they at least make a one sentence statement acknowledging the problem and saying "hey guys, will be fixed in future updates, maybe not May, but definitely by June".   Would it be too much to ask for a simple statement like that so that all of us people who made Dean rich could at least get some kind of idea of what to expect?   I mean Jesus Christ, I'm not asking for a vehicle, or even a damn bike.  We are only asking when they might fix something that used to already work in the game.     How the hell am I being unreasonable?

Edited by Rick1633

You guys have grown far too dependent on the bullet impacts.

How about you actually know your shooting distance instead of relying on huge fake ass bullet impacts to help you walk your shots in.

No that only applies to existing players. It helps new players get the feel of the guns and what they do.

Tracer rounds were developed IRL for a reason. Bullet impacts are kind of doing the same thing.