Sign in to follow this  
Rick1633

Will the late May update fix the broken distance rendering?

Someone posted a reddit snapshot of Rocket first being made aware of how that last update destroyed  distance rendering of bullet impacts over 100 m as well as creating blurry object issues.  From looking at the post, it was only this fan that informed him of it for the first time.  Is there any idication they will bother to fix it by the end of May update?     I know many fans have made posts about it but we have heard almost nothing about it from devs.    The fact that a fan had to inform Rocket about how the last update broke his intellectual property scares the fuck out of me.

• Like 3

No bullet splashes is one of the first things I noticed with the update and has forced me to put the game on the shelf since...  If the first time rocket2guns noticed this was recently and due to a fan, then I seriously question the attention to detail coming from the very top....

With the results from last few patches it is obvious none of the DEVs check anything out before releasing there patches!

If the first time rocket2guns noticed this was recently and due to a fan, then I seriously question the attention to detail coming from the very top....

So much gets broken with every patch from these guys,they really need to learn some priority's and maybe sart actually fixing something rather than just going for quantiy over quality lol

• Like 1

Yeah... And I dont mean to insult the game, I just seriously want to know if the devs are fixing it for the next update.   But if the lead project manager didnt even know until a fan on reddit told him weeks after the last patch.... Im concerned that the new patch has nothing to do with it.

Can you be more specific about what you're referring to? Are we talking about long range hit detection from bullets?

I get what you mean about them constantly breaking new things in the game. I'm being patient, and I'm trying to be understanding, but there is a lot of carelessness that seems to go on in development. Perfect example: announcing that they've added a new town to the game (Karmanovka) and then, "Oh, oops... we forgot to add it." The official changelog, which Rocket loves to remind everyone only gets published for stable and when they are certain they want to announce something, says it was added. But it wasn't. Because "oops." It's like they don't hold themselves to any standard when it comes to community interaction. Even the reddit interactions are condescending half the time, like how dare you question my game.

• Like 1

Can you be more specific about what you're referring to? Are we talking about long range hit detection from bullets?

I get what you mean about them constantly breaking new things in the game. I'm being patient, and I'm trying to be understanding, but there is a lot of carelessness that seems to go on in development. Perfect example: announcing that they've added a new town to the game (Karmanovka) and then, "Oh, oops... we forgot to add it." The official changelog, which Rocket loves to remind everyone only gets published for stable and when they are certain they want to announce something, says it was added. But it wasn't. Because "oops." It's like they don't hold themselves to any standard when it comes to community interaction. Even the reddit interactions are condescending half the time, like how dare you question my game

No problem..... Im talking about how bullets hitting walls or ground use to show a puff of dust well over 1000m.  So You could adjust your scope zeroing.   But the last patch broke the games ability to do this at all over 100m.   It never ever works now.   I also found you will never see a spray of blood from your shot if you hit them over 100m away.   So the last patch completely broke the game.   Why rocket and the devs have avoided discussing this huge game breaking gift from their so called patch is fucking amazing.   They got some serious balls.  It would be like hiring me to clean your pool.... I show up and clean it.... But make a hole in your pool which drains it.....rendering it useless........ And then when you call me to tell me how I broke your pool.... I ignore you.

Yeah... And I dont mean to insult the game, I just seriously want to know if the devs are fixing it for the next update.   But if the lead project manager didnt even know until a fan on reddit told him weeks after the last patch.... Im concerned that the new patch has nothing to do with it.

Sounds good enough as long as we're all alpha testers :P

On serious note I sure hope they do fix it though.

I am not that good of a shot so impact is kinda helpfull for the 2nd shot :)

Yep.  Me too.  I respect the devs for working hard and just wish they would make a statement about so I know rocket told them in case they dont know about it.

You guys have grown far too dependent on the bullet impacts.

How about you actually know your shooting distance instead of relying on huge fake ass bullet impacts to help you walk your shots in.

• Like 2

How about you actually know your shooting distance instead of relying on huge fake ass bullet impacts to help you walk your shots in.

Wow.  Thats incredibily convenient for Rocket and the project that if they break parts of the game....... Just leave it out instead of fixing?   Also, whats fucking fake about wanting to see the blood spurt that used to show if you hit them over 100m away?  They broke that too gibonez, not just bullet impacts on ground or walls.     So what a fanboy you sound like instead of joining in our constructive criticism to improve the game.      Am I moronic to request that my high velocity rifle round show some blood or impact?  How fucking low of standars are dayz fanboys willing to go for Bohemia?

• Like 2

So the last patch completely broke the game

That's a bit dramatic dude, just stop trying to snipe people for a while until it's fixed.

It is a bit worrying that they only noticed weeks after though, I get that we're basically testing the game for them but the actual development team should too it's like none of them actually play the game or something.

The rendering of bullet hits doesn't bother me that much but the fact they didn't notice they broke it makes me worry about other things, maybe they won't notice they've made zombies kill in one hit in a future update...

Fake bullet impacts?

Watch this video of a guy shooting  a Springfield 1903 rifle at 1000 yards (iron sights) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNHJjqZxpwQ#t=335 

• Like 1

Someone posted a reddit snapshot of Rocket first being made aware of how that last update destroyed  distance rendering of bullet impacts over 100 m as well as creating blurry object issues.  From looking at the post, it was only this fan that informed him of it for the first time. 

Can you provide a link for it? I would like to see it.

Good point.  I was too dramatic.   Im just really worried that since its a client vs. server issue or some other networking.... They will ignore it and just patch us another gun or spraycan.

Can you provide a link for it? I would like to see it.

Sorry.  I saw it a few days ago.  Ill try and search.

Do you know that those "huge fake bullet impacts" are not at all "huge or fake".  Morso, watching where a bullet lands is EXTREMELY important for long range shooting...

Edited by taco86

Well if an admin wants to merge this with the previous post showing rockets response on reddit.... That would be good.

Found the original reddit link.  But this thread was locked.

What the hell does Dean mean when he says.... i asked ( about bullet impacts not rendering).......  But at the end of the reddit he says. " I have not discussed this issue with devs yet" ?  What in God's name does thst fucking mean?  

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php%3F/topic/188421-reddit-rocket2guns-on-just-spent-a-few-hours-on-stable-here-are-my-thoughts-feel-free-to-downvote-but-i-think-im-being-perfectly-fair-pros/&sa=U&ei=RMBnU7XWE67ksATzioDoCw&ved=0CBsQFjAA&sig2=UOyYzz1-vjTHZ5Jp7xH-Qw&usg=AFQjCNFBuIR4YwJCtFSYJKJHAG8woNgdGQ

Do you know that those "huge fake bullet impacts" are not at all "huge or fake".  Morso, watching where a bullet lands is EXTREMELY important for long range shooting...

It is but it is a bit exaggerated in arma and stand alone.

At extended ranges its nearly impossible to even see where your shots hit especially without a spotter.

Found the original reddit link.  But this thread was locked.

What the hell does Dean mean when he says.... i asked ( about bullet impacts not rendering).......  But at the end of the reddit he says. " I have not discussed this issue with devs yet" ?  What in God's name does thst fucking mean?  

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php%3F/topic/188421-reddit-rocket2guns-on-just-spent-a-few-hours-on-stable-here-are-my-thoughts-feel-free-to-downvote-but-i-think-im-being-perfectly-fair-pros/&sa=U&ei=RMBnU7XWE67ksATzioDoCw&ved=0CBsQFjAA&sig2=UOyYzz1-vjTHZ5Jp7xH-Qw&usg=AFQjCNFBuIR4YwJCtFSYJKJHAG8woNgdGQ

It means its not a priority right now as it shouldn't be.

It is not a game breaking bug therefore it goes in the back of the line in fixing order.

Edited by gibonez
  • Like 1

At extended ranges its nearly impossible to even see where your shots hit especially without a spotter.

Nailed it. 600M and people expect to see impacts in scope is a bit outrageous. Most untrained people wouldn't see the impact at less than 100M through the scope due to recoil, flinch, and the ever present blink for the untrained/un disciplined shooter. I'm a fan of it 'disappearing' at a certain range myself.

It means its not a priority right now as it shouldn't be.

It is not a game breaking bug therefore it goes in the back of the line in fixing order.

Its not a game breakingbug that the game now fails to show blood spurts or bullet impacts?  Are you fucking serious?   This game has nothing to fucking do in it but pvp..... So for us to have no hit detection along with the shitty dispersion and bad mechanics.....  We now have a serious disadvantage for engaging in firefights...  What the fuck do you do in dayz?   Just play on servers with 5 people tonot realize this is game breaking?

Actually, sometimes shit happens in development you can't help but facepalm and go "how did THAT happen". When a new version of the fallout3 overhaul kit shipped out one time, we simply had never found one of the new guns (it was meant to be really rare) and didn't realize the sound file was missing. you would  think that we would have noticed a minigun with no spin up or firing sound but NOPE. It took a user of our mod to show us this and it resulted in a hotfix that day for everyone.

Sometimes you can change a value in balance issues that for SOME UNKNOWN REASON effects something else, and it is always irritating to do. what most likely happened is they changed something for rendering to try and improve quality, and it inadvertently affected long distance rendering. And to be honest, sometimes you get GOOD feedback from a bug. They talk about this in half life 2 episode 1, a bug caused a character to behave oddly and people LOVED IT thinking it was just a quirk, and they kept it

• Like 1

Nailed it. 600M and people expect to see impacts in scope is a bit outrageous. Most untrained people wouldn't see the impact at less than 100M through the scope due to recoil, flinch, and the ever present blink for the untrained/un disciplined shooter. I'm a fan of it 'disappearing' at a certain range myself.

What are you talking about?  This is a bug.  Not intentional so your point is irrelevant.  

What are you talking about?  This is a bug.  Not intentional so your point is irrelevant.

Actually my point is completely relevant. Crying about not seeing distant impacts with a rifle is crying about something unrealistic to begin with here. Hope it never gets fixed. Call it bug solved an arcade cheat if you will....
  • Like 2

Alright, I was trying to be patient, but know that all morons piss me off to extremities. I actually own a Mosin Nagant, and I bring it to the firing rang e regularly. All Mosin 91/30s cannot fit scopes, and when I fire it at a target that is 800 M away I can see the bullet splash completely fine, WITHOUT A SCOPE. If I had a scope, the splash would be more than obvious. I shoot Hay Bale targets. The only time I could see bullet splash not being visible would be if it hit a building, but even then it blasts dust off of concrete.

Edited by InsaneRuffles
  • Like 1