nurdseprem

Radioactive contamined Zone

Hey guys, what about a small fallout zone in chernarus which can be compared to pripyat? From the setting it would be really cool, devs could put there uniquie items and if you stay there to long then you'll die slowly from the high radiation.

call_of_pripyat_hdr_by_datawebsite-d3fb5

Pripyat_panorama_2009-001.jpg

9-chernobyl-pripyat-%28c%29knapo.jpg?131

• Like 2

To my knowledge there were no nuclear facilities in Chernarus. But I wouldn't be opposed to them adding something like this, even though Chernarus is pretty much just... that.

^ Haha 9/10 spawns near a contaminated zone, FML

OT: Everything can be added to Chernarus, it's Chernarus+ after all. I for one would love this. 

Edited by The End.

They should definitely do this. Make the major spawns radiated. Force the fresh-spawns to go inland.

Wow. That first picture. So authentic. Wish I had photoshop skills of that caliber. 

Jokes aside, this has been suggested before quite a number of times. Can't say I'm against it. Would be nice to see certain areas only accessible with the right equipment and a radiation contamination zone fits the bill there - either that or an underground complex that has been the victim of a chemical spill or something.

They should do it, I was thinking about this earlier. There doesn't need to be a nuclear facility, it was an apocalypse. Half the planet probably got nuked.

The contaminated zone could be a large industrial area with high end loot such as spare parts for cars and weapon camps. 

There would be lots of loot because it would largely be untouched. For food items Instead of them being ruined they could be contaminated. Food items from radioactive Zone would make you sick and die really quick.

Players would need to find rare gas mask, oxygen tanks or whatever is the equivalent of a BIO HAZARD suit or they would simply die when entering.

Zombies could be stronger in the area too.

Edited by JasonB

Good idea... there are always areas to look out for in any post-apocolyptic scenario.

Like the Arma series the game should come with an editor.  If they will not include a SP option in DayZ, the editor could be used for adding in enough components/modules to create your own SP version.  One of the things the Arma editors always lacked were more types of modules.  A CTI module would have been real nice. 

In Dayz if there was an editor, a module for contaminated zones (high population of virus carrying misquitos, rabid/infected animals, radioactivity.. etc.) would be nice.  The zones would have settings for radius/size, exclusions for what is effected, and other aspects not thought of yet.

Plus adding an editor always allows the possiblity for a huge increase in sales.

How is Survarium coming along I wonder..... been a long while since I looked.  Just looked.... ehhhh not so good.

Just an idea.