Sign in to follow this  
AlphaDogMeat .

High Pop, Low Pop, Why Pop?

OTOH, the prospect of watching pvpers dying of colds in their "hot combat zones" is just too appealing...

You wish. If you mess with our zones we will make you suffer, those friendly players you love, we will take them all from you one by one. 

Edited by General Zod

OTOH, the prospect of watching pvpers dying of colds in their "hot combat zones" is just too appealing...

So when faced with "your suggestion is not constructive" you basically said "yes I don't want to improve the game but only reduce enjoyment for a particular group of players I don't like". Please don't spam the suggestions forum then - go here.

Personally I would like a more dynamic gameplay:

• dynamic loot/zombie spawns emphasize migration and shift hotspots
  • loot spawn rate depends on server population to negate the advantage of frequent switching
  • a significant cost for (excessive) server switching makes using ingame connections more attractive
  • long times between server restarts cause less disruption
  • time consistency (24 hour cycle) allows for natural fluctuations in player count
  • environmental hardships and loot rarity cause greater competition (and thus more reasons to be cooperative/hostile)
  • high effort features can cause long term goals for people who want this
  • a slower average but higher maximum travel speed causes higher chance of meeting someone outside of hotspot areas
  • designated spawn areas cause experienced progression and a greater appeal to move away from your spawn point
  • ...while density weighted spawns inside that area make it less likely to get spawnkilled and more likely to survive your first minutes
  • Like 1

So when faced with "your suggestion is not constructive" you basically said "yes I don't want to improve the game but only reduce enjoyment for a particular group of players I don't like".

I'm not interested in CoD with zombies or "hot combat zones", mate.  I don't want to reduce their enjoyment - I want to reduce their participation.  Environmental considerations are a step in the right direction, but I'd like to see a _lot_ more lethal NPC consequences for trigger-happy pvpers.  Wolves in the sniper hills, feral/rabid dog packs in the urban areas, and infected that can tear your arm off - never mind ruining your pristine tactical vest. 

And I want more tension to the game - not knowing who's on the map introduces an element of uncertainty and suspense.  And I'd like to see a viable stealth mechanism which includes the ability to climb not being restricted just to ladders

Edited by alphadogmeat

Wolves in the sniper hills,

Unless it's heavy winter and wolves are starving they won't go anywhere near a fire fight. 

• Like 1

Certainly should be an option for server hosts to enable whether people can see how many are on.

Only read the first post but why ?
Simply cause a lot of people WANT full server to have a lot of encounter...
And a LOT of others player such as myself HATE encounter, in fact i play in empty server cause i want a REALISTIC SURVIVAL game in SINGLEPLAYER but devs are too stupid to do it and understand that it will reduce a lot of issue, including all those "don't join or kick" servers and server hooper (of course no sharing between SP and MP character, no way to gear up on SP to come after that in MP)...
Anyway in case of zombies apocalypse where only immune survive, do you really thing that in a 50Km² area you will find 40 people ?
Hahaha this is not a SURVIVING game in this game, some town isolated from a lot of things have community of 40 people or even less and nothing close within huge distance.

AND in real life people even if they are dump as shit won't kill that easily, between psychological effect and the fact that EVERYONE might be useful, the fact that human want to save its kind, the fact that a small community of survivors that hold they hand together will better survive than a single guy that walk alone in the wild...All this make people ONLY kill if their are threatened, for most of them, who know who you kill, a friend that you have not seen since a while, a member of your family that wear a mask, someone that can greatly improve your community cause he know how to make electric generator from scratch or a doctor that can care of your people ?

Yes it can also be an ass hole, but IRL you WON'T kill on sight for no reason or take stupid risk when you have no stuff and only find mosin or sks...

And yes irl it will be huge concentration ONLY on community, the rest of the time you will probably walk days, weeks, month or even more without finding anyone, such decease will ONLY save few people...And you will probably think that you are alone for a lot of time.
Zombies should be the MAIN thing, i don't care about player which is sometimes more stupid than zombies, and player in video game are most of the time less realistic in they act than a bugged AI and immersion killer.

So YES i play on empty server and i WANT to find server with no one inside, if you don't want to look at player number, no one force you to read it, or at least have an option for hide it, but NOT hide it.
And NO i'm not a server hooper that gear up before coming with all gear in a populated server, i NEVER join such server anyway and in fact if one day i want that, i'll probably only join a server with a character which have a simple sks/mosin, some bullets and have already eat/drink enough, cause i don't want to waste a 30h+ character on stupid pvp and you DON'T need a lot of gear to kill anyone, just skill, gear only slow you.
So YES i'm look empty server, and if i'm change, its cause their is a bug, an issue or that server hooper have empty i and even a rotten banana its impossible to find...

Everyone play its own way, and a LOT of people play themselves.
Hide player number, the number of "don't join or kick" servers will triple or more and pollute even more your search, if it was free ill probably have since a while get my own server and try to hide it from server list.

The difference between those who want to play alone in empty servers and those who want full server is simple...
Those who want to play in empty server understand that people might want pvp and try just to play their own without disrupt them.
Those who want to play on full server want the game to be ONLY MADE for them, regardless opinion of others players.

That why i talk about SP option that will probably double the potential customers of this game and will NOT at ALL influence MP in a negative way...

It will only result easier game testing, cause yes while some people "play" and KOS for nothing cause they are douche bag, others try to TEST the game to find bugs or things like that, i've already get killed while testing items on their release, i remember get killed by stupid after testing the crossbow on its release, see own its work and if i can find any issue.
And in general in games, MP cause trouble to SP while reducing features and possibility, SP ALWAYS (in every game i saw/know anyway) make MP better.

But yeah those stupid "full servers egoist" only want the game to feature their OWN way to play and WITHOUT any GOOD reason refuse features such as SP.

In this case, why complain about server hooper ? they DON'T come to full server except maybe when they are gear up, and think that gear up player with AKM is deadlier than one that just respawn and find a magnum and who have skill track/aim is PLACEBO.

Anyway the game become a stupid messy thing, every patch rather than see more realistic feature, i see more COD (and others stupid arcade game) like features rather than realistic things...
After all dev make games the way players want it...

AND by the way, the number of players is already a moron which don't even indicate the correct number of player most of the times, a BENCH of times on 0/1/2 or max 3 player show, while i connect i saw a bench, sometimes it can goes up to 10 players.

Unless it's heavy winter and wolves are starving they won't go anywhere near a fire fight. 

What sort of lame-arse sniper gets into firefights?

Besides, the infection made Chernarus wildlife far more aggressive.  As eny fule no.

What sort of lame-arse sniper gets into firefights?

Besides, the infection made Chernarus wildlife far more aggressive.  As eny fule no.

Snipers are in vicinity of firefights. 

Sure it did and you read that where ? Oh that's right another argument pulled out of your ass, man that things is a waterfall of shitty ideas. 

Edited by General Zod

that things is a waterfall of shitty ideas. 

Yet you insist on standing, no, frolicking, under it.