Sign in to follow this  
Tomo2000uk

Seasons

I searched for seasons and nothing came up so here it is.

Way way down the line when all the other stuff has been implemented / fixed so about 2020 , wouldn't it be cool if not only did we have Day and night we had seasons.

I know the Graphical logistics of this are massive but like i said way down the line.

Imagine staying in your favorite server for say 1 month and in that period you would experience winter and summer.

All the challenges of winter , the need for warmer clothes , too consume more food , darker nights , the list goes on.

I think this would be cool.

Christmas in cherno snow :)

• Like 1

Hello there

This has been suggested before many times but it *is* possible.

Its been done before in the rv engine and *could* be done again.

A lot of work though. If we are lucky we might see this.

Also be more positive on the release date. Q3 2019 is my guess.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 4

Wouldn't it be easier and faster to just have different Season Maps of Chernarus?  I think the most painstaking aspect would be taking the leaf trees and replacing them with barren trees for the winter.  Be great to see a snow capped Chernarus eventually.

Edited by acdc_bag

god that would be sexual.

you could be completely cutoff from food and water etc.

Wouldn't it be easier and faster to just have different Season Maps of Chernarus?  I think the most painstaking aspect would be taking the leaf trees and replacing them with barren trees for the winter.  Be great to see a snow capped Chernarus eventually.

NO i want it to snow

god that would be sexual.

you could be completely cutoff from food and water etc.

NO i want it to snow

I didn't say anything about it not snowing did I?  Certainly be much easier to change all grass textures to a different color for Visitor to read them and load in a snow texture, than it would be to add physical snow that falls and collects on the ground, wouldn't it?

Change the grass to snow, and change the rain to snow, walla.

Hello there

Look at this mini Chernarus.

Could its pallete and textures be adapted to cherno plus?

All this is speculation but it shows it is doable.

"sniper hill" in cherno 2.5 see how the grass and tree textures completely change the feeling.

Just expolorin posibilities here, because of how they have remade cherno and fiddled with shaders things like this may not be so "simple"

rgds

LoK

• Like 2

Hello there

"sniper hill" in cherno 2.5 see how the grass and tree textures completely change the feeling.

Just expolorin posibilities here, because of how they have remade cherno and fiddled with shaders things like this may not be so "simple"

rgds

LoK

Pretty sure that artist just changed the type of grass texture that Visitor/ArmA was to load.  I haven't gotten very far in the map making processes yet, but as far as I can tell, that's a simple change of the Sat layer that contains RGB colors for Visitor/Arma to load sand, dirt, mud, urban (cement), and grass textures, etc, into the maps.  I believe they also used different tree models for that version of the map.  In all honesty it really shouldn't be very time/effort consuming to redo some colors on the RGB Sat layer and re-render the map.  I believe there are 4 different types of grass in Visitor/Arma map making.

Edited by acdc_bag

Hello there

This has been suggested before many times but it *is* possible.

Its been done before in the rv engine and *could* be done again.

A lot of work though. If we are lucky we might see this.

Also be more positive on the release date. Q3 2019 is my guess.

Rgds

LoK

Dat VBS3.

• Like 1

Hello there

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIJHKcGAsFM

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLrg7HJ6hoU

rgds

LoK

I've been wondering the same. Summer Chernarus would be awesome.

I played VBS 2.0 against my battalion today On a random free for all

69 kills, 27 deaths In 1 hour ftw XD

• Like 1

I'd love to see Chernarus in winter, but not with thick snow. I'd want the ground to be hard with frost, the trees to be leafless and small amounts of snow falling occasionally. Go up a mountain and the wind is freezing and some snow has settled on the ground. Basically I'd love to see Chernarus as a really hostile environment where if you're not dressed appropriately, you will die if you're outside for too long.

• Like 1

I think snow would be a great addition. Not a blizzard mind you, just some nice flurries. I like the way rain obscures vision at distance to some degree and this would the same way.

Then maybe add snow that leaves footprints at elevation.