petetheEat

"He who fights and runs away..."

You pussy, i find it so funny when people run away from fights especially ones equally matched. There was one of him and one of you, i personally would have used all that time you did running with your tail in between your legs to flank around on this guy and wait for him to loot the bodies, it is extremely rare for someone to leave bodies, most will hide them and as your there might as well check what your victim had on him anyway, if you were to ask me what the number one killer is on dayz it is greed, people wanting more loot.

All in all You are a pussy never run from a fight unless you are really outgunned and outmanned (that's just strategy) otherwise you wont ever get better at the game.

Nice troll there, only an idiot stands and fights when he does NOT know where the enemy is located and the enemy has your location zeroed in well enough to have already taken out two people.

Keep talking tough from your sniper perch on the hill.

Can't believe the amount of people who are saying he did the right thing, i am not sure what sqaud you or any of these others are rolling with but if one of us is killed let alone two of us we will try and finish the fight that the bandit started, not run away that is to me truly pathetic, flank them sure, but run away, no. Not only are you leaving to keep yourself geared but you are leaving your two 'friends' with absolutely no possibilty of recovering some of their gear or the bandits gear, If you or anyone else really thinks that is acceptible then good luck with your meagre ways, you are not worthy.

'It is better to live one day as a lion then a hundred years as a sheep'

'When cities burn and armies turn and flee in disarray cowards will cry: 'Tis best to fly and fight another day'. But True worriors know in their marrow, When they die and fall 'Tis better to have fought and lost than to have not fought at all'

I know which one i am.

I guess Cornwallis should have lined the boys up rank by rank and marched them out to be needlessly slaughtered at Yorktown by your logic.

@ OP:

You are alive.
So you did the right thing.
Dying right there would not have brought your pals back.

So... live to fight another day.

I'm like "Quickbeam" in this game. I run like hell all the time. Even if I take some shots at someone and miss I get worried and run like hell.

Probably me and my crew. We shat on quiet a few people today.

Anyway, yeah, running in that situation is pretty lame. If you were alone and someone opened fire, it'd be okay. But the cowardly part here is you didn't try to stand and fight and protect your friends gear. Why even play with someone who will run away if it's down to them?

I got killed going into Pub today. Heard some DC and went to check it out. Went in there and seen two guys talking to a freshie. They killed me. My buddy, instead of running away, cleared the entire room and I was able to get my shit back. If he had just backed up and ran out, I'd have been pissed. But instead he cleaned house and we got more loot.

I don't really like the 'got my shit back' part since you obviously died. It's a bit a pity seeing this. However it's probably impossible to change that as you play with mates.

Today, after hours of walking me and two of my friends finally met up on the coast outside of Berezino. We were just swapping food and ammo when we heard M4 shots and they both went down. I couldn't see our assailant so I legged it out of there, with bullets whizzing behind me. I made it out alive, but felt very guilty afterwards; should i have turned round, looked for him and shot him, risking certain death, or was it right to run? Do you folks think running away from a fight is ok? I mean, it's better than combat logging, right?

You shouldn't have swapped food and ammo at the coast. :P

Probably me and my crew. We shat on quiet a few people today.

Anyway, yeah, running in that situation is pretty lame. If you were alone and someone opened fire, it'd be okay. But the cowardly part here is you didn't try to stand and fight and protect your friends gear. Why even play with someone who will run away if it's down to them?

I got killed going into Pub today. Heard some DC and went to check it out. Went in there and seen two guys talking to a freshie. They killed me. My buddy, instead of running away, cleared the entire room and I was able to get my shit back. If he had just backed up and ran out, I'd have been pissed. But instead he cleaned house and we got more loot.

That is a different situation at the pub, you knew where those guys were.

However if he doesn't know where he is getting shot from or where the shooters are positioned, a tactical retreat would be the best choice, nothing cowardly about that, it is a smart move. If you don't know where the enemy is and you are being shot at, staying there would be just stupid.
Edited by weedmasta
  • Like 1

Nothing wrong with running away. As long as you at least try to re-engage them when on YOUR terms instead of theirs.

So, I'm bad because I gave someone a chance? Because I showed self restraint and didn't piss M4 all over the place lake a scared dog, I'm BAD? The only reason I died is because I thought they were friendly. We heard only the fresh spawn over Direct Chat. 

And what struck a nerve on you? Because I don't like it when people I play with run away every time someone shoots at us? Playing with friends means trying to at least sit on your gear before running.

And what the hell is your problem anyway? You got awful mad over an opinion. And opinion on a game for the matter.

I never said you were bad, I just did not think it was cool to insinuate the OP did something shameful, or cowardly. If I die, that is on me, not anyone else. I will never ask anyone to watch my body, if it puts theirs in danger. If they want to risk it, that's fine, but I will never expect them to do that. This game is not about running back to your body, like the community has created, once you die, you are to start over. However, we all attempt to run back, but you should never expect anything from doing that, nor get upset when someone does not want to risk their life, when you want to use a tiny exploit of going to get your stuff back.

It's best to run away rather than try to push back against an assailant you can't see. Once you're out of the bullet's path you can rethink your options - you can try to move around and try to pin down his location, or you can just get out of there completely and help your friends gear up later.

I recommend never swapping items out in the open. Bunch of players standing around not moving is a sniper's heaven.

A while ago my group and I (3 players) ran into another 3 player group on the forest past sniper hill. Long story short: They had two casualties, we had 0. The third managed to escape with at least 1 gunshot from a mosin. When we were done and ready to leave one of my friends got shot (and knocked out) by that third guy when he tried to loot a body of one of the guys we killed. The 3rd then went up the hill to drop on us, he fired on my other friend and knocked him out. I took aim at him, he took aim at me. I fired, he dropped, I fired again to make sure he was dead. I then patched my guys up (bandage on the second, bandage, saline, and an epipen on the first who was unconscious for a good minute, constantly bleeding), we hid their bodies, and ran away.

Now think about this: If he wouldn't run away he'd definitely die in the commotion. He took his time to figure out where exactly we were (we dropped on them from about 10ft away, full camo gear works wonders) used the element of surprise to attack us when we were sure of victory, and he came this close to killing us all.

Also: Remember that not every standoff can be won. If you're alone, and there's 5 of them then you will most likely die.

This was one v one

• Like 1

I never said you were bad, I just did not think it was cool to insinuate the OP did something shameful, or cowardly. If I die, that is on me, not anyone else. I will never ask anyone to watch my body, if it puts theirs in danger. If they want to risk it, that's fine, but I will never expect them to do that. This game is not about running back to your body, like the community has created, once you die, you are to start over. However, we all attempt to run back, but you should never expect anything from doing that, nor get upset when someone does not want to risk their life, when you want to use a tiny exploit of going to get your stuff back.

Going to get your stuff back is not an exploit, it is a part of the game, it needs to be in the game otherwise banditry would be futile. The op did do something cowardly he ranaway when the odds were not against him, read the OP properly and you will see that he got to safety, there was only one shooter, would you have turned back to try and fight him once you were safe or would you have kept running ??

• Like 1

I guess Cornwallis should have lined the boys up rank by rank and marched them out to be needlessly slaughtered at Yorktown by your logic.

Uh no. Cornwallis was outmanned and outgunned, op was not. I wish people like you would read the OP properly first before leaving stupid and irrelevant posts. really study the OP, read it 20 times if that is what it takes for you to understand the situation, once you have read it as many times as you need to then leave a comment to me that makes sense and is equivalent to the OP's situation ok.

• Like 1

Nice troll there, only an idiot stands and fights when he does NOT know where the enemy is located and the enemy has your location zeroed in well enough to have already taken out two people.

Keep talking tough from your sniper perch on the hill.

lol, yes i told him to stand still and fight on the spot, read the OP properly and then come back to me with a thoughtful comment and not this dribble you just came out with.

• Like 1

I would have ran as fast as my legs could take me. Hell I was shot once in Berezino and ran all the way to Vybor.  Last time I checked this was just a game, so as long as you had fun then whatever you did was best.

As for the desktop warriors here, I like you guys, your the easy kills that gives me great joy to plink. Careful about the firefight some of us are just in it for the hunt and not the loot.

Catch you later, kids.

Have luck hitting anything besides the terrain at 500m, even (especially) with a longbow. I highly doubt you have the total-body (Yes, total. Try to draw back the string using "just" your arm and shoulder, much less just your arm, and you will most definitely tear something) strength to pull back a 200-fucking-pounds-of-draw-weight Welsh Longbow. The Yeoman archers of medieval England had MALFORMED skeletons, due to the forces exerted on their bones from the high draw weights of the longbows of the period.

Plus, duct-taping a scope on a bow won't make you magically hit your target merely because you can see it. You still have to account for the arc of travel for the arrow, and at the angle of elevation you are going to have to loose the arrow at in order to reach out to 500m, all you are going to see in that scope is sky.

TL, DR Have fun getting ROFL-stomped by firearm-wielding combatants, stupid LARP-er. There is a multitude of reasons why armies switched over from crossbows and self-bows to firearms, and ease of use was one of them. Bows and other mechanically-propelled weapons have a place in survival. The battlefield ISN'T it.

None of what you said bothers me lol, and the point of having a scope would be to get a rough idea of how far your target was  before aiming jovially upwards a good amount to try for the best. either way. iv killed enough people both in the mod and in sa with just good axe skills and sneaky ninja tactics. i shall continue to do so and give about nought fks for people like you and your overt downer attitude lol. up ur bum man. up ur bum

I would have ran as fast as my legs could take me. Hell I was shot once in Berezino and ran all the way to Vybor.  Last time I checked this was just a game, so as long as you had fun then whatever you did was best.

As for the desktop warriors here, I like you guys, your the easy kills that gives me great joy to plink. Careful about the firefight some of us are just in it for the hunt and not the loot.

Catch you later, kids.

>doesn't like desktop warriors

>is a desktop warrior

No, I dont like the tough acting "you were a pussy and you should have left no man behind." Like it's anything more than a game.

Is that what I said? CynicalBrit said that. Even so, that's the way he plays. Leave no man behind. It is a game, you're right. I guess the Trusted Wasteland Medics should stop helping people, since it's a game and their in-game avatars have no meaning. Or the Reddit Rescue Force and any other Hero clan should stop being heroes. Because it's a game, and morals and values have no meaning in it.

• Like 1

You pussy, i find it so funny when people run away from fights especially ones equally matched. There was one of him and one of you, i personally would have used all that time you did running with your tail in between your legs to flank around on this guy and wait for him to loot the bodies, it is extremely rare for someone to leave bodies, most will hide them and as your there might as well check what your victim had on him anyway, if you were to ask me what the number one killer is on dayz it is greed, people wanting more loot.

All in all You are a pussy never run from a fight unless you are really outgunned and outmanned (that's just strategy) otherwise you wont ever get better at the game.

It's a survival game not a Counterstrike round where one group has to win and fight to the last men. He did right to run and live another day. The guilt he felt is a great part of the game but better then trying to kill someone and to likely die in the attempt.

None of what you said bothers me lol, and the point of having a scope would be to get a rough idea of how far your target was  before aiming jovially upwards a good amount to try for the best. either way. iv killed enough people both in the mod and in sa with just good axe skills and sneaky ninja tactics. i shall continue to do so and give about nought fks for people like you and your overt downer attitude lol. up ur bum man. up ur bum

I...what? A scope doesn't give you ranges, a range-finder does that.

And how does using firearms make you a, uh, "phag"? Last I checked, using the more effective weapon was a mark of pragmatism, not cowardice.

Edited by Whyherro123

I...what? A scope doesn't give you ranges, a range-finder does that.

And how does using firearms make you a, uh, "phag"? Last I checked, using the more effective weapon was a mark of pragmatism, not cowardice.

lol you clearly have never checked anything, like, ever. if you checked you would see that any time someone who bests a person in say for example a firefight, using a far inferior weapon, would in fact be a "BOWSS" where the person who had the superior firepower, yet was merely outskilled, is indeed a "PHAG" lol. and about my ranging scope, if you actually took time to read what was written you would see i was saying if I WAS ABLE to use scopes on the bow, granted that for shots over a certain range what i said in my post is what I WOULD do. you dont need rangefinders to get a distance to targets, i use my map for zeroing in all the time. anyway. enough of this. you would get bested by a respirator pilot helmet wearing ninja. the facts are there. so calm your self madame :) xxx

I would leg it.  I play my characters like they are real and vital humans.

Today, after hours of walking me and two of my friends finally met up on the coast outside of Berezino. We were just swapping food and ammo when we heard M4 shots and they both went down. I couldn't see our assailant so I legged it out of there, with bullets whizzing behind me. I made it out alive, but felt very guilty afterwards; should i have turned round, looked for him and shot him, risking certain death, or was it right to run? Do you folks think running away from a fight is ok? I mean, it's better than combat logging, right?

Nothing wrong with what you did son. You did the right thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Withdrawal_(military)