Sign in to follow this  
BaitedHook

The zones that yields the highest tier and best loot should be suicidal if solo

Shouldn't you hardcore weenies be making this happen on your own?

You want it to be tough, form a group and make sure no one but a large group can operate there.

I mean, isn't that what you tell people when they wonder how to deal with bandits?

Now, if you think this through a bit, you'll see why you can't cover all the bases all the time to effectively police things to enforce your wants, and you'll maybe understand why that works both ways.

Then again, that'd require logic and critical thinking skills and all that...and like that's gonna happen. Pfeh.

Zombies with guns huh...*uninstalls, burns hard-drive and all computer components, ties a noose* to be continued...

there should be some sort of progression wise when it comes to enemy and enemy spawns. Zones like north west air field should be suicidal solo. hell i would say north of the map there should be infected that uses weapons. (yea the idea is dumb but it would be easy to implement and it will ramp up the difficulty) this will create incentive for freshies to group up and tackle the task.

basically coastal think of melee left 4 dead style zombies

inland and northern zones more of Doom 3 style zombies where if you dont have a decent weapon you WILL get owned.

you can just skin arma 2 enemy soldiers with zombie skin and make them shoot at players

If anything will kill this mod it is the hardcore mentality of the community. Shun me all you want but as niche as the game is now it is still pretty fun if you can keep it accessible. Thank god none of you hardcores develop games or youd never get anywhere. I am as carebear as you can get yet I still play because the mod has serious potential but leave it to any of you and you will kill the fun.

So only groups get the good gear? Yeah that sounds like the kind of fair mechanic Rocket will implement! Just like it was good getting rid of the bandit skins i dont think anything should be done to penalise any play style - its almost suicidal to raid the NW airfield solo anyway.

You must not play on full servers... NW Airfield Solo in a 50/50 game is suicide...

there should be some sort of progression wise when it comes to enemy and enemy spawns. Zones like north west air field should be suicidal solo. hell i would say north of the map there should be infected that uses weapons. (yea the idea is dumb but it would be easy to implement and it will ramp up the difficulty) this will create incentive for freshies to group up and tackle the task.

basically coastal think of melee left 4 dead style zombies

inland and northern zones more of Doom 3 style zombies where if you dont have a decent weapon you WILL get owned.

you can just skin arma 2 enemy soldiers with zombie skin and make them shoot at players

Fantastic idea. Lets make and uber boss fight in the barracks, and you need atleast 10 ppl to take it down with sidestepping and tapdancing or whatever it is they do in MMOs these days. I guess we need a healer class now and a tank oh and DPS classes added too :D

This is idea is dumb as hell, this isn't World of Warcraft. It's Day Z and Day Z is just fine.

I think Rocket (and the community) can come up with some incentives to group without taking away from the "lone wolf" style of play.

There already are, it's called Epi-Pen's and Blood Bags. Not to mention 2 sets of eyes and ears and two guns pointed at zombies instead of one.