7-75 callaghan

Babies! (Well, society)

I don't think this would ever fly if for no other reason than that few men are going to choose to play a female character if it means they may have to mate with some other dude.

maybe they should just pick a male character then. When males pick female characters, are they pretending to have sex with them as they play? or how does that work

Can we lock this useless thread to get it out of the way?

There have been maybe 5 out of 25 posts that were discussing the topic. The rest have been Callaghan trying to berate those who post against the idea.

Move along, there is no discussion to see here.

Can we lock this useless thread to get it out of the way?

There have been maybe 5 out of 25 posts that were discussing the topic. The rest have been Callaghan trying to berate those who post against the idea.

Move along' date=' there is no discussion to see here.

[/quote']

You have already declared that you do not support it, it is you who needs to move along, because others are interested.

As I have said, I am closing and restarting the thread because there is too much off-topic nonsense by you and ApeToe that no one really needs to grind through.

Closing in 30 mins.

Why won't it let me close and delete this thread? I'd like to get a proper discussion going, with constructive criticism, not mindless and ill-informed nonsense.

Moderators?

I don't think this game will ever get to a point in development where adding reproduction as a gameplay mechanic is a priority. We'll probably have a flatulence feature before that where eating too many beans causes you to randomly fart and alert zombies

I don't think this game will ever get to a point in development where adding reproduction as a gameplay mechanic is a priority. We'll probably have a flatulence feature before that where eating too many beans causes you to randomly fart and alert zombies

It doesn't have to be a priority, just a consideration. Do you actually consider flatulence is more important than human reproduction in a post-apocalypse situation? If you do, let's hope that you never find yourself in anything close to that situation, or your genes will forever be erased, only to be replaced by a short-lived cloud of fart.

I tried to make it clear that the point isn't sex, but the continuity of humanity and rebuilding society. That is, after all, our primary directive.

If i was guaranteed the 'female' was in fact female and not some fat dude spilling corn chips on his exposed belly while drinking Red Bull i might be inclined to agree with the suggestion.

If i was guaranteed the 'female' was in fact female and not some fat dude spilling corn chips on his exposed belly while drinking Red Bull i might be inclined to agree with the suggestion.

Why?

Exactly, why? Is anyone actually trying to get laid on (within) this mod?

Like I said, if you are comfortable with your sexuality, you should have no problem with it, its not like you have to actually make love, it is just a survival element.

Besides, are you all really so narrow minded/homophobic that you can't just have fun with it?

Heard in Direct chat:

Dude #1: "Hey, Brainbasher69, lets make a baby"

Dude #2: "Good idea, 1337N00b. Just for the achievements, no homo."

Dude #1: "My tent or yours?"

Dude #2: "Gonna have to be yours, BrodoFaggins is nursing my other baby in my tent atm."

Heard in Direct chat:

Dude #1: "Hey' date=' Brainbasher69, lets make a baby"

Dude #2: "Good idea, 1337N00b. Just for the achievements, no homo."

Dude #1: "My tent or yours?"

Dude #2: "Gonna have to be yours, BrodoFaggins is nursing my other baby in my tent atm."

[/quote']

I lol'd, so thanks for returning to a little light-heartedness. But either way, I clearly said that no actual babies were involved. Also, drop the circumspect homophobia, makes you look immature.

I suppose a mechanic where civilisation is recreated in safe zones has some merit - and reproduction would be part of this. However i see this as being in the background - kids running around etc.

Homophobic? No. But i do have taste! I just have a mental picture of all other players as being that fat guy on the South Park episode 'Make Love not Warcraft'

I suppose a mechanic where civilisation is recreated in safe zones has some merit - and reproduction would be part of this. However i see this as being in the background - kids running around etc.

Homophobic? No. But i do have taste! I just have a mental picture of all other players as being that fat guy on the South Park episode 'Make Love not Warcraft'

Well if i'm gonna make sweet love to a male gamer in a virtual environment, I want him as big, fat and ugly as possible, beard with dried bits of food preferable, but not necessary. But that's just my taste in male gamers I guess. IRL, i'm not sure I would go near a woman that is into gaming lol, even tho that did seem kinda cool to me five years ago or so.

I lol'd' date=' so thanks for returning to a little light-heartedness. But either way, I clearly said that no actual babies were involved. Also, drop the circumspect homophobia, makes you look immature.

[/quote']

I've been light-hearted since my first post in this thread. The aggro began in post #3.

Also, not wanting to make babies with fellow DayZ players is hardly homophobic. It's more like absurdophobic. I have a deep fear of the absurd. I'll admit it.

Why does their weight matter? You're choosing whether you trust them and the safety of both of you enough to try and take some temporary hardships in order to further the human race and get a few fun perks for yourself. Whether someone is Russian, English, fat, thin, black, asian, or in love with that band you hate shouldn't change your decision to hook up with their character any more than it should make you decide whether or not to kill them.

Why does their weight matter? You're choosing whether you trust them and the safety of both of you enough to try and take some temporary hardships in order to further the human race and get a few fun perks for yourself. Whether someone is Russian' date=' English, fat, thin, black, asian, or in love with that band you hate shouldn't change your decision to hook up with their character any more than it should make you decide whether or not to kill them.

[/quote']

It doesnt matter - its called a bit of light hearted humour.

But i tell you what though - if you are a Fat, Half Russian-Englishman who likes Phil Collins then the human race faces extinction.

I'm just saying that in an apocalypse situation where nearly everyone in the world has died (we don't even know the background to the infection yet, Chenarus could just be a quarantine zone) my first few months would be focused on nothing but surviving, and characters in the game only last up to the maximum of a week or so. And the timeframe involved in actually having babies is longer still.

People would probably be trying to reconstruct some sort of society before bringing more people into the world. How'd a baby have a chance of surviving in a land filled with murderous bandits and scarce resources? They'd be nothing but a burden in the short-term.

The timeframe involved in this game is just too short for this sort of stuff

Well I have been alive for over 2 weeks now, my previous character even longer. All games involve time compression, no one with an actual life is going to dedicate enough time to it to actually run through the entire process of having a baby.

One way or another, something like this will eventually have to be added to deepen the game, and direct it away from the PvP, because there are 1000000s of titles out there that offer that.

Well I have been alive for over 2 weeks now' date=' my previous character even longer. All games involve time compression, no one with an actual life is going to dedicate enough time to it to actually run through the entire process of having a baby.

One way or another, something like this will eventually have to be added to deepen the game, and direct it away from the PvP, because there are 1000000s of titles out there that offer that.

[/quote']

There's other ways of discouraging PVP and expanding the scope of the game away from a deathmatch.

Reproduction is a controversial feature and isn't included in other games, and won't be in this one either.

p.s. - it has nothing to do with homophobia.

Well I have been alive for over 2 weeks now' date=' my previous character even longer. All games involve time compression, no one with an actual life is going to dedicate enough time to it to actually run through the entire process of having a baby.

[/quote']

Like I said,

People would probably be trying to reconstruct some sort of society before bringing more people into the world. How'd a baby have a chance of surviving in a land filled with murderous bandits and scarce resources? They'd be nothing but a burden in the short-term

Even if the timeframe of the gameplay isn't taken into account, it still seems illogical that people would deliberately want to have babies in a situation like that presented in the game

Honestly I first started reading this thread to see if it was just yet-another-trolling thread.

The concept of instinctual long term survival is a good one, even if it goes no further than simply protecting a survivor of the opposite sex and garnering some sort of minor reward for doing so. This would encourage less random violence when making random encounters with a player identified as being of the opposite sex. Take sex and babies completely out of the equation. It doesn't need to go any further.

The real problem with it is metagaming it to the point where "clans", etc. simply keep enough female players in their ranks to retain that reward as a sort of buff. I'm not sure how to make a "reward" workable without unbalancing the rest of the game.

Honestly I first started reading this thread to see if it was just yet-another-trolling thread.

The concept of instinctual long term survival is a good one' date=' even if it goes no further than simply protecting a survivor of the opposite sex and garnering some sort of minor reward for doing so. This would encourage less random violence when making random encounters with a player identified as being of the opposite sex. Take sex and babies completely out of the equation. It doesn't need to go any further.

The real problem with it is metagaming it to the point where "clans", etc. simply keep enough female players in their ranks to retain that reward as a sort of buff. I'm not sure how to make a "reward" workable without unbalancing the rest of the game.

[/quote']

I guess it is just a question of phrasing. I have no interest in including sex based around animations, or even any system that implies it, but what else am I supposed to call it? Thanks for the feedback.

I think this would be quite funny to see, maybe use the baby as a last resource? throw it at the horde while you're being chased.

It'd be like a smoke grenade.