Body armor cant stop anything above a shotgun or pistol. Its rare to be engaged by those' date=' and I dont think the community wants body armor. I know I dont.

[/quote']

There are 5 year old body armors that can stop any assault rifle/shotgun/handgun bullet and doesn't deteriorate. Even stops a frag grenade from penetrating from point blank.

There is definitely body armor available that can stop rifle rounds past a certain distance. How, mechanically, would this be implemented in ArmA?

There is definitely body armor available that can stop rifle rounds past a certain distance. How' date=' mechanically, would this be implemented in ArmA?

[/quote']

What I was thinking is since their are already different types of clothing in-game the devs would add another one called "Body Armor" and maybe it would look a little bit different than the normal clothing and I guess they would have to script it to give more protection to the chest.

Body armour..aye make the bandits into terminators.

The so called bandits are the people who venture north on low population servers, get some good kit then go back down south to kill the fresh starters.

You want to give them military grade dragon armour?

Body armour..aye make the bandits into terminators.

The so called bandits are the people who venture north on low population servers' date=' get some good kit then go back down south to kill the fresh starters.

You want to give them military grade dragon armour?

[/quote']

I like how mostly everybody who is against this assumes that bandits are going to find this body armor immediately; its supposed to be a extremely rare item that inhibits movement makes, you louder, but makes you a bit more resilient to bullets that's all.

I'm guessing to help balance it each tier of body armor should slow you down or make you more noisy when moving.

Not sure if anyone has said anything about this before, but i think that the more you have stuff with you, the more slower you would be. Not only because you are using a vest.

I agree in the noise part though.

• Like 1

also + but as long as people would realize that bandits wil probably have more than survivors... double edged sword

also + but as long as people would realize that bandits wil probably have more than survivors... double edged sword

It might be a double-edged sword but its still a sword.

i think a kevlar vest found in some genertic loot spots that would deduct 10-15% of damage dealt from gunfire would be balanaced alongside the bonus of a -25% chance of being knocked out due to gunfire or a faster recovery time would be good.

If the prior is taken a military loot version which reduces damage to 20-25% from gunfire and a -50% chance of knock out or recovery time would also be nice.

This wouldn't exactly help vs zeds but would give a player a slight edge in terms of ranged combat (Keep in mind, that a headshot is still lethal and body shots would still drain health like mad.)

It makes sense that bulletproof vests/riot gear/ballistic helmets would be available, rare, and highly prized items in a post-apocalyptic world. You'd think that appease the realism freaks but judging by this thread I guess not.

It makes sense that bulletproof vests/riot gear/ballistic helmets would be available' date=' rare, and highly prized items in a post-apocalyptic world. You'd think that appease the realism freaks but judging by this thread I guess not.

[/quote']

I don't get it I haven't noticed any "realism freaks" bashing on this so unless I didn't understand your statement.

+1 for this.

And for the ideas of raising noise level, and slowing the char, I think a more realistic idea is:

1. raise the food/water consumption while using it

2 raise your breath frequency after fast movements, this way you will make more noise, but if you rest, you're normal again.

3. the body vests have resistance, maybe a green bar like mags/rounds. If you take to many shoots, it lower one lvl of protection, with half durability, until it's only a height to carry on.

4. use another slot in inventory, it's complete normal to use backpack and body vest, lets say if you wear only vest, your food/water consumption is lower, in comparative of using both.

And as said:

5. Damage (Broken Ribs, Potential Bleeding) needs to happen on impact.

6. Should only spawn in Military areas and be relatively rare.

7. It should stop melee damage to the chest (as thats where your wearing it, nowhere else)

It might be a double-edged sword but its still a sword.

very true!

I think body armor could be interesting as long as there are different levels of it and also that it does not protect areas that are not covered.

+1 for this.

And for the ideas of raising noise level' date=' and slowing the char, I think a more realistic idea is:

1. raise the food/water consumption while using it

2 raise your breath frequency after fast movements, this way you will make more noise, but if you rest, you're normal again.

3. the body vests have resistance, maybe a green bar like mags/rounds. If you take to many shoots, it lower one lvl of protection, with half durability, until it's only a height to carry on.

4. use another slot in inventory, it's complete normal to use backpack and body vest, lets say if you wear only vest, your food/water consumption is lower, in comparative of using both.

And as said:

5. Damage (Broken Ribs, Potential Bleeding) needs to happen on impact.

6. Should only spawn in Military areas and be relatively rare.

7. It should stop melee damage to the chest (as thats where your wearing it, nowhere else)

[/quote']

I like the idea of heavier breathing and more food consumption varying on the type of armor.

Body Armour would be a great addition. I mean you can pick up some amazing weaponry but the body armour which most most military soldiers wear, is missing. >.>

I dont think its a great idea, simply because it would create an even larger gulf between new-spawn noobs and tooled up bandits. Thats not something that needs exacerbating IMO.

I dont think its a great idea' date=' simply because it would create an even larger gulf between new-spawn noobs and tooled up bandits. Thats not something that needs exacerbating IMO.

[/quote']

Once again why do people like you think that bandits will be the only ones wearing?

It would be nice, but until hackers are sorted out, this is of very minor importance.

I unloaded an entire 30 rounds of 5.56 at point blank range into someone last night, and he was still able to turn around and kill me.

Sort out the important issues like cheaters, then we can consider luxuries like this.

• Like 1

It would be nice' date=' but until hackers are sorted out, this is of very minor importance.

I unloaded an entire 30 rounds of 5.56 at point blank range into someone last night, and he was still able to turn around and kill me.

Sort out the important issues like cheaters, then we can consider luxuries like this.

[/quote']

I think rocket has been communicating with the hacking society lately because I haven't experienced any hackers.

+1 on the body armor idea.

Gives me something else to look for, plus it can add to the decision between either a kevlar helmet, or nvgs/binocs/rangefinder??

Real world implementation is a must of course, by that i mean, body armor is bullet resistant, NOT bullet proof. thereby making it an advantage, but not an overall huge one.

bump to get implemented. Enough dying from 1 hit zombies or random noobs shooting with makarov from the back.