irishroy

Hunting ~end of may

Just regular servers, 3PP. I had a black tac shirt, black cargo pants and black assault vest. but alas, I got wasted at the Airfield today. I shot him too, but I don't think he died. My new spawn was up in the new town by Svet, and I found a new sewing kit there.

Awww that sucks. :/ And well thats good that you can still find them unlike Tactical vests. :P

Didn't that newly purchased zombie pathfinding studio design hunting games? Wonder if they helped out with this too?

Yup, Cauldron Ltd made a few Cabela's hunting games (which i didnt think were very good)

I doubt the animals will be as dumb as in Arma II, they will react to gunshot and player proximity by running the opposite way.

I agree.  If the intent is to add hunting, then we will undoubtedly see appropriate wildlife AI.

Yup, Cauldron Ltd made a few Cabela's hunting games (which i didnt think were very good)

Dunno, but this gameplay vid isn't that bad! It would certainly enrich SA, if elements of such hunting leaked in the game (not bullet cam ofc).

I liked tracking wounded deer by blood splatterns as seen at 6:08, would love such feature in SA.

Sheep. I love me some sheep...

SHEEP FUCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is how hunting will go.. 

Imagine you could eat a zombie.

Like that. 

white-knight.jpeg

I actually like some of these historical looking knight toys. They need to make more stuff like this for toys.

Edited by Deathlove

Dunno, but this gameplay vid isn't that bad! It would certainly enrich SA, if elements of such hunting leaked in the game (not bullet cam ofc).

I liked tracking wounded deer by blood splatterns as seen at 6:08, would love such feature in SA.

Are you kidding me? Bullet cam would be AMAZING mechanic not ONLY for hunting but for pvp and zombie slaying as well! :O

Are you kidding me? Bullet cam would be AMAZING mechanic not ONLY for hunting but for pvp and zombie slaying as well! :o

Hehe well maybe on private hives man. To introduce it to official SA would rustle so many jimmies, plus come on, it would be way too arcadey.

I mean yes, many folks would rejoice to see the bullet they shot go through somebody's brain, but come on. This is DayZ Standalone we are talking about.

p.s. I realise you might have been just joking :D.

Hehe well maybe on private hives man. To introduce it to official SA would rustle so many jimmies, plus come on, it would be way too arcadey.

I mean yes, many folks would rejoice to see the bullet they shot go through somebody's brain, but come on. This is DayZ Standalone we are talking about.

p.s. I realise you might have been just joking :D.

Naw im being serious. I want better slaying mechanics eventually lol.

Naw im being serious. I want better slaying mechanics eventually lol.

I mean yes, if engine could simulate lung shot, heart shot or any other vital organs being hit, it would surely be good.

But somehow I think devs got bigger fish to fry first, like loot respawn, zombies done corrrectly and many others.

Still I have to say, I enjoyed sniping zombies in Nazi Zombie Army 2, and watching bullet go through their brains :-D.

I mean yes, if engine could simulate lung shot, heart shot or any other vital organs being hit, it would surely be good.

But somehow I think devs got bigger fish to fry first, like loot respawn, zombies done corrrectly and many others.

Still I have to say, I enjoyed sniping zombies in Nazi Zombie Army 2, and watching bullet go through their brains :-D.

I still have yet to play that game.

But yeah i want to see better zombie path finding and AI first as well. So im all with you guys on that one.

• Like 1

Here is how hunting will go.. 

Imagine you could eat a zombie.

Like that. 

TBH, I wouldn't mind if hunting's just a little bit better than the mod. Even though proper hunting would be mind blowing, the animals from the mod which ran around like chickens without their heads weren't too bad. I feel like it takes too much time to make them super realistic. I hope they chose the middle ground though. For now, the models look amazing so that's a good start

Are you kidding me? Bullet cam would be AMAZING mechanic not ONLY for hunting but for pvp and zombie slaying as well! :o

GTFO.

Yea let's slow down the time for every single person in the server just so the sniper can see his hit :/

GTFO.

Yea let's slow down the time for every single person in the server just so the sniper can see his hit :/

It wouldn't have to be for every hit but maybe like life threatening injuries such as heart or brain damage.

Because the guys already dead if it hits the heart or brain anyways.

And by that i don't mean slow down the entire server it would be an individual experience. But im not sure how they could do that effectively anyways.

Edited by Deathlove

It wouldn't have to be for every hit but maybe like life threatening injuries such as heart or brain damage.

Because the guys already dead if it hits the heart or brain anyways.

And by that i don't mean slow down the entire server it would be an individual experience. But im not sure how they could do that effectively anyways.

I was just giving you shit.

However if they did do a bullet time mechanic they would probably have to slow everyones time just like max payne 3 does.

I was just giving you shit.

However if they did do a bullet time mechanic they would probably have to slow everyones time just like max payne 3 does.

I was thinking more like Fallout 3. I liked the stuff you could do in that.