Insane Ruffles

Stop With the "This is Russia BS"

ermahgawd

tactical shirt has american flag.....

1. Nobody's saying American/Western/NATO should be common. In two years of posting, never seen anyone make that assertion.

And I want them to spawn just as much as Russian weapons.

Right here as said by OP. "As much as Russian weapons" implies they should be common. Also, When I said American weaponry that was an example, it could be any weapon from anywhere around the world.

Also, Chernarus is fictional, Russia and its language is not. It is BASED off a Russian environment, saying its fiction doesn't mean you can throw in anything and have it be immersive.

Not everything needs to be perfect "realism" but it is said by the devs that the goal is to make it as much so as possible.

P.s. #2 & #3 are just grammar nazi points.

Chernussian Movement of the red star member perhaps (I Assume they are some kind of civilian militia type thing since the military seems to be Chernussian defense force)? There are some drops that should make you look around and wonder what the story is, and perhaps be able to work out that story. It's something I loved in Fallout 3 and NV is finding all these notes near skeletons or walking into a bedroom and seeing a couple of skeletons holding each other in bed, or opening a personal shelter and finding a skeleton with a pistol and bottles of water. It made you look at it go "I wonder" something that Chernarus is sadly missing right now. But I hope to see in the future as lore is revealed and written

We've seen what weapons they sport in Arma 2 so I doubt they'll have western firearms. Also, groups like that tend to go for cheaper ones, like the AKM and the likes. Would love some more story behind DayZ as well

Right here as said by OP. "As much as Russian weapons" implies they should be common. Also, When I said American weaponry that was an example, it could be any weapon from anywhere around the world.

Also, Chernarus is fictional, Russia and its language is not. It is BASED off a Russian environment, saying its fiction doesn't mean you can throw in anything and have it be immersive.

Not everything needs to be perfect "realism" but it is said by the devs that the goal is to make it as much so as possible.

P.s. #2 & #3 are just grammar nazi points.

It's got nothing to do with grammar, you misstated what you actually meant to inadvertently mean something else. I do it all of the time. It's not a big deal.

The statement was in reference to these weapons, "MP40, the Sturmgewehr 44, the M1 Garand, Lee enfield, M44". Which are certainly widespread (save for perhaps the Garand) and are as equally to be found in a variety of locations as anywhere else (I mean they found truckloads of Sturmgewehrs in Syria for god's sake).

It's based off of the Czech Republic, so, no, it's not based off of a Russian environment. Saying it's fiction means they can put anything in and have it be immersive (which is subjective, please don't suppose it as fact) by virtue of how it's explained in said fiction. Moreover, something being based off of something means it can deviate from the circumstances of the item it's based upon.

So, for example, the AK-12. Not used by any military thus far. Can be explained by a simple adage "Chernarussian military units opted to purchase small quantities of AK-12's from neighboring Russia, in insert year here." That's how fiction renders plausible what is not factual.

The goal is to provide "authenticity", which is an emulation of (not adherence to) realistic properties inasmuch as they serve gameplay. It's a balance between gameplay considerations and making us feel like we're existing in a world. Personally, I dislike how developers use authenticity. It's basically used to say "We're doing what we're doing".

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 1

We've seen what weapons they sport in Arma 2 so I doubt they'll have western firearms. Also, groups like that tend to go for cheaper ones, like the AKM and the likes. Would love some more story behind DayZ as well

Ah, I never played Arma 2 nor dayZ mod, so I dunno. What I know is solely from looking around me and observing the use of NATO weapons, the presence of US tactical shirts, and the UN helmets. All I know is that the UN and NATO were there, and shit went down. Thus the abundence of said weapons.

Chernussian Movement of the red star member perhaps (I Assume they are some kind of civilian militia type thing since the military seems to be Chernussian defense force)? There are some drops that should make you look around and wonder what the story is, and perhaps be able to work out that story. It's something I loved in Fallout 3 and NV is finding all these notes near skeletons or walking into a bedroom and seeing a couple of skeletons holding each other in bed, or opening a personal shelter and finding a skeleton with a pistol and bottles of water. It made you look at it go "I wonder" something that Chernarus is sadly missing right now. But I hope to see in the future as lore is revealed and written

Agreed, many things in terms of the landscape of Chernarus are left unexplained. In my personal backstory that I wrote a week or so ago, CFOR (Chernarus Force, an emulation of KFOR) had intercepted a shipment of weapons from neighboring Takistan. Could've been NAPA or Chedaki guerillas.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/186377-framework-for-lore-discussion/

Which weapons have less than 1000 owners in DayZ? Only one I could possibly see is the new Thompson Center pistol and perhaps the Amphibia S (although I doubt that one highly).

And Chernarus isn't Soviet Russia. Whole point of the thread.

IN THE WORLD. i bet there's more people with these guns in dayz than in real world. and chernarus is a post soviet state, ive never said its in soviet russia. maybe you should learn a few things about post soviet era and the countries in it and how the soviet isolation affected the culture and the products. even now you wont find US and western products in russia, belarus and more. and in dayz in just a few years there's shirts with american flags, uk assault vests, m4 and bunch of retarded guns created by retarded intern who skipped history lessons in school. as a soviet citizen (not russian, soviet) it very, very angers me. the russian and post soviet citizens will share this anger and i know at least 6 people who already want to delete the game because of it.

imagine if this was in new york and all you could find was AK and makarovs and clothes with soviet flags on it.

I don't want Russian weapons cause its not realistic yet I want WW2 guns the thread.

• Like 1

Alright, I have seen this waay to many times and it is frankly pissing me off. There are posters everywhere saying "This is a Russian Farming Community, they wont have that." This is just BS. If we were really going all out realism then there would be very little guns anywhere except military bases. Dayz is focused on a zombie apocalypse, not a Russian apocalypse. I don't just want Russian surplus weapons, because that is boring as hell. I want weapons from everywhere (Preferably older weapons) And I want them to spawn just as much as Russian weapons. I'm talking about the MP40, the Sturmgewehr 44, the M1 Garand, Lee enfield, M44, etc. IDGAF if all you want is Russian everything, because that is boring as hell especially in a farming community where there are only going to be shotguns and crappy rifles. Dayz needs to have weapons, clothing, and vehicles from all over the world to give a diverse experience. There needs to be Russian guns, yes, but in no way should they dominate all of Chernaurus 

People just need to get over it.

This place is russia about as much as it is middle earth...

Some people have a hard time with other peoples imaginations

or

understanding fiction.

Its Americas less known cousin OK?!!!!! Problem solved get ride of the hammer and sickle forever.

the russian and post soviet citizens will share this anger and i know at least 6 people who already want to delete the game because of it.

Congratulations.

Dayz is focused on a zombie apocalypse, not a Russian apocalypse. I don't just want Russian surplus weapons, because that is boring as hell.

I want weapons from everywhere (Preferably older weapons)

Sounds like someone has a case of the gimme gimmes. You make a post bitching about other people's ideas and then interject your own, equally biased preference. This isn't a WW2 apocalypse, so why should anyone listen to your bellyaching about wanting old weapons over new ones, the same way you don't want Soviet weapons?

Do you see what I'm saying here? Everyone has an opinion.

Edited by Hells High

Its Americas less known cousin OK?!!!!! Problem solved get ride of the hammer and sickle forever.

are you a boy or a girl?

People just need to get over it.

This place is russia about as much as it is middle earth...

Some people have a hard time with other peoples imaginations

or

understanding fiction.

post soviet state. its not russia, its ussr. even if it wasnt in ussr its in eastern europe therefore its affected bythe soviet union much more than it affected from the amerifags.

if it was just a casual game i would never even mention it but its fucking realistic survival simulator. you have fucking lenin statue and red fucking stars all over the place.

we cant have nice things because people like you forget that its actually realistic survival simulator and the devs forgot it too.

I don't want Russian weapons cause its not realistic yet I want WW2 guns the thread.

so russian rifles in post russian territory is unrealistic but 70 year old weaponary all over the place is realistic.

my shoe have more logic than you do

post soviet state. its not russia, its ussr. even if it wasnt in ussr its in eastern europe therefore its affected bythe soviet union much more than it affected from the amerifags.

if it was just a casual game i would never even mention it but its fucking realistic survival simulator. you have fucking lenin statue and red fucking stars all over the place.

we cant have nice things because people like you forget that its actually realistic survival simulator and the devs forgot it too.

There really is no need for that, especially not that f-word. Have a bit of time to cool off.

are you a boy or a girl?

I could ask you the same question.

He asked you first...  

;)

All this person has to do is look at my profile info. Its not rocket science lol.....

so russian rifles in post russian territory is unrealistic but 70 year old weaponary all over the place is realistic.

my shoe have more logic than you do

It was sarcasm. I was making fun of how he thinks russian weapons in a post soviet nation is not realistic yet he wants the world full of obscure ww2 weapons.

All this person has to do is look at my profile info. Its not rocket science lol.....

I didn't know Rocket was a science...

;)

• Like 1

I didn't know Rocket was a science...

;)

It can be if you don't want to explode trying to go into space..... XD

It was sarcasm. I was making fun of how he thinks russian weapons in a post soviet nation is not realistic yet he wants the world full of obscure ww2 weapons.

I find it interesting as to how you keep criticizing me for wanting older weapons when it isn't "realistic", yet I never mentioned realism anywhere. Please look back to my text and explain where I wanted realism? my exact point was that me, and many other people do not want complete Russian dominated weapons and items.