Sign in to follow this  
spikes525

Crossbow, less power but!

hi 

the thing i want to suggest here is that (for player only not for zombie's)

less power crossbow, but you can not remove the arrow without help of another player to remove it

and you will not die automatically (if your not being headshot)

if you make bandage you stop to lose blood but your movement will slower

you can fall unconscious if you keep it to longer without help 

sorry for my french 

LAWL!

Come on man how is that realistic at all?

I don't need help pulling my arrows out of things.

• Like 3

I agree that the crossbow should not be a one shot kill. I think it should have a major impact on the poor sod who gets hit though, the bolt would leave a pretty nasty wound, even worse if you pull it out without getting medical help, then there's the whole deal with infections if the shaft is rusted. I'd say that the crossbow should have a lot of consequences later down the line to the victim.

don't forget is just suggestions

because the weapon is slow to recharge

may be just have to remove arrow's before shoot  or wathever else

What if it punctures your heart, your kidneys, your lungs? There are many more ways to be killed by a single arrow, especially if you pull it out and bleed to death. Unlike bullets, arrows shred things apart.

What if it punctures your heart, your kidneys, your lungs? There are many more ways to be killed by a single arrow, especially if you pull it out and bleed to death. Unlike bullets, arrows shred things apart.

Bullets can also do this.

a soft tipped bullet from a .30-.30 is made to go into its target and mushroom out causing extreme bleeding.

Same idea as a broadhead-barbed arrow.the more you move, the more the shrapnel twists and cuts.

I been hunting since I was 3 with my dad. We use crossbow, bow and rifles. 

YOU DON'T NEED HELP TO PULL OUT A BOLT OR ARROW.

Bullets can also do this.

a soft tipped bullet from a .30-.30 is made to go into its target and mushroom out causing extreme bleeding.

Same idea as a broadhead-barbed arrow.the more you move, the more the shrapnel twists and cuts.

That is true. But most of the amunition in the game is military. And those are not made to kill but to injure people. Broadhead-barbed arrows on the other hand are made to kill other animals. And would be more common in such a rural environment as Chernarus (than sports gear i.e.). So shouldn't an injury by arrows in the game be more likely to be lethal than most of the gun shots?

And those are not made to kill but to injure people.

I can assure you they are made to kill people.

This probably isn't going to be liked by anyone since it makes the whole scenario a lot more brutal but at the same time balances the crossbows effect.

Basically, my idea is that the crossbows damage is reduced to a reasonable standard. However, if the crossbow bolt hits a target, it will lodge itself in there until the victim chooses to remove the bolt from his/her body. Obviously, if it hits them in the head or chest, it should be pretty much instant death. If you do not remove the bolt from your body, then after a while you will start to get an infection which would be seemingly realistic. Also, there should be messages which pop up saying "My [insert limb here] is in severe pain.", or something along those lines. Antibiotics and Painkillers should both remove the infection and obviously remove the pain.

This is a default idea, but it makes the game much more realistic and eases off the crossbows current overpowered state, although makes it all the more deadly, and realistic.

That is true. But most of the amunition in the game is military. And those are not made to kill but to injure people. Broadhead-barbed arrows on the other hand are made to kill other animals. And would be more common in such a rural environment as Chernarus (than sports gear i.e.). So shouldn't an injury by arrows in the game be more likely to be lethal than most of the gun shots?

Yes, (I hunt with a bow in real life so I see what you are saying) However things like .45 ACP and .357s would fuck shit up beyond most military rounds. (5.56 or 9mm)

7.62 on the other hand....lol

I've never gotten a one hit crossbow kill on anyone before :P its first destroy all chest clothing and then another that kills. Usually get a broken leg when shoot them im the leg which is okay. They had a walking/running animation in the dayz alpha before it was released for early access if anyone saw it, they limped sort of like they did on fallout if leg was 'crippled'. I think it SHOULD be in the game if shot by crossbow especially, i guess with bullets as well.

(1.53 seconds onwards)

yes and no

It sure can do the job to kill you but there are better option to do that, the round is more design to wound and not kill.

Fmj round will most likely go right through you but won't do as must internal damage compare to other types of ammo.

If you shoot and kill someone in battle you only take one guy out of the fight, but if you shoot and wound someone then you take 3 guys out of the fight, 1 being the guy you hit and 2 other guys getting the wounded guy out of there.

Also pretty sure military's aren't allowed to use expanding ammo.

Edited by riskiestkiller

i actually don't mind the crossbow being a one hit kill to chest/head area, lets faces it if you get hit by a arrow you are going to mostly die, unless u are hit in a lucky spot and have a team of surgeons near you, but you don't so i am good with it being a one hit kill.

except it shouldn't be a one hit kill if it hits you in the leg unless it hits your artery.

asking help to pull out an arrow equals asking someone to help you satisfy your partner sexually

No, they are not. Something about the Geneva Conventions, if I remember correctly. And normally, in the military you are trained to hurt the opposite party, not to kill them, because one injured binds two other. (At least that's what we learned when I did service) You certainly could not do that if the bullets would blow giant holes in your target.

Yes, (I hunt with a bow in real life so I see what you are saying) However things like .45 ACP and .357s would fuck shit up beyond most military rounds. (5.56 or 9mm)

7.62 on the other hand....lol

Of course, I did not say, the bows should be the omnipotent super-power weapon in the game. They just should not be underestimated. If you could not hunt and kill with bows and arrows, mankind would have stopped using them a long time ago.

Weapons still need balancing. ...like our beloved late super power fireaxe :D

No, they are not. Something about the Geneva Conventions, if I remember correctly. And normally, in the military you are trained to hurt the opposite party, not to kill them, because one injured binds two other. (At least that's what we learned when I did service) You certainly could not do that if the bullets would blow giant holes in your target.

Yeah, okay, no. The reason they aren't using expanding ammunition is because they aren't allowed to. Hague Convention 1899.

Nobody sat down and designed a bullet that would only wound. Jacketed bullets were necessary for the new high-velocity rifles. They switched the round nose bullets to spitzers for superior ballistics. They didn't come up with these designs for the purpose of creating smaller wounds.

They want the 5.56 to yaw and fragment because that causes worse wounds. The Russians want the 5.45 to yaw because that causes worse wounds. The British had their famous Mk VII which was designed to tumble, to cause worse wounds. You won't find any Army studies on making bullets less lethal, but you'll find plenty on increasing the lethality of small arms ammunition.

FMJ bullets typically cause smaller wounds. That's not why FMJ bullets were designed.

Nobody sat down and designed a bullet that would only wound. Jacketed bullets were necessary for the new high-velocity rifles. They switched the round nose bullets to spitzers for superior ballistics. They didn't come up with these designs for the purpose of creating smaller wounds.

Actually, NATO did sit down and tried to find a bullet that would make less devastating wounds.

I did got the Convention wrong, I give you that, but it's been a while. But we were taught to shoot to injure, I am quite sure about that. Then again, we Germans are perverts in sex and war, you know that. Or maybe my instructors were idiots. ;-)