Sign in to follow this  
darksteeljorge

Mele has to be fixed

So as everyone knows in stable 44.123800 you need to hit zombies in the head to kill them otherwise you need to hit them 23453495302 times.

This needs to be fixed, is just so difficult to aim for the head with a two handed weapon. 

If you are trying to hit a zombie indoors you just hit the damn wall. 

And finally when you give up and decide just to run away the zombies follow you for more than 2 hours even if they're 100 meters away from you they keep following and, they'll eventually catch up because they are pretty mother f*cker damn fast!

Not just that but they can hit you from 10 meters away.

Let me tell you once I couldn't handle zombies and I ran away. One zombie followed me for 20 minutes. For real. Until another zombie that spawn in my face (literally) he could keep hitting me while running from at least 10 meter away. I had 2 zombies behind me for 1 hour. 

Didn't matter I was about 70 meters away from them after a while cause they would keep following me.

• Like 1

Also, with the Desync and lag going on, it's even harder to land a hit on the head.

Actually. I don't say this very often buuuuuuuuuut... you and everyone else complaining just really, really suck. 

I even had to rant to my gaming buddy who I DayZ with and I had to tell him the very cold facts. He and everyone else bitchin' just plain sucks.

Since the patch zombies are actually fun to fight. Not only that, having a precision weapon is a must (Bayonet, knife, ect) for indoor combat against zeds. The sheer accuracy of those weapons allows you to get a double strike on a zed. Allows even greater follow up strikes, so a quick 2-3 stabs to the head and the zed is dead baby. And those strikes can be executed in about 1 second, and with great accuracy.

The axe is still king, you just need to aim higher and line the zed up where your going to bring the axe down (Learn the axes swing arc and just aim properly to drop the axe right into the top of their skull) and if it so happens, you beat the god damn zombie to death with it. 

They're fuckin' awesome now. Don't you ruin this with your complaining. I like this, it's nice, I want nice things. People complaining like this is why we can't have nice things.

• Like 4

No thanks, zombies need to be a real danger.

• Like 1

So as everyone knows in stable 44.123800 you need to hit zombies in the head to kill them otherwise you need to hit them 23453495302 times.

realistically: 1 hit on the head (also with weapons like machete now) or 7/8 torso hits with a fireaxe. i will make a video soon with this new "very dangerous" Zeds.

Yesterday i'm dead and as bambi i've killed 4 zeds all togheter with a crap baseball bat in about 30 sec while they have hit me jus 3 times, so don't complain cause now zed will not die if you hit them on big toe. people who already aim for the head before last patch seems to don't have any trouble, so you just need to get some skill, 

And BTW finally zeds have the same ammount of life as players and that's realistic. Now we just need a working pathfind then more, more and more Zeds, cities must be explorable just by well equipped players and in group 

Oh and when you run away try to make some turn and they will NEVER hit you, you can evade them also running with a rifle in your hand (do you know that you can press W 2 times to sprint right?), sometimes i bring with me 2 main weapons so i can't drop one. After the starting sprint zeds stop running very soon, so don't troll us, if you run you can evade them in few min (better if you put something in the Line of sight between you and mobs)

Edited by JKS-Alex
  • Like 1

Actually. I don't say this very often buuuuuuuuuut... you and everyone else complaining just really, really suck. 

I even had to rant to my gaming buddy who I DayZ with and I had to tell him the very cold facts. He and everyone else bitchin' just plain sucks.

Since the patch zombies are actually fun to fight. Not only that, having a precision weapon is a must (Bayonet, knife, ect) for indoor combat against zeds. The sheer accuracy of those weapons allows you to get a double strike on a zed. Allows even greater follow up strikes, so a quick 2-3 stabs to the head and the zed is dead baby. And those strikes can be executed in about 1 second, and with great accuracy.

The axe is still king, you just need to aim higher and line the zed up where your going to bring the axe down (Learn the axes swing arc and just aim properly to drop the axe right into the top of their skull) and if it so happens, you beat the god damn zombie to death with it. 

They're fuckin' awesome now. Don't you ruin this with your complaining. I like this, it's nice, I want nice things. People complaining like this is why we can't have nice things.

They should start worrying about making the zombies a challenge after they fix the movement animations, glitches, lag, and horrid hit detection. Once they have addressed all of these things, then they can go on making the zombies as difficult as they want and I wouldn't mind, but at the moment they are simply unfair. I literally now have to go into 3rd person in order to even get a hit on them at all, and when I do it does nothing at all. And when there are multiple zombies attacking you at once you are completely screwed. It also doesn't help that they can now see you from miles away. It's not that I don't like the change in theory, It's just that it is too early to implement such a change.

Edited by Jiggly Ritz

They should start worrying about making the zombies a challenge after they fix the movement animations, glitches, lag, and horrid hit detection. Once they have addressed all of these things, then they can go on making the zombies as difficult as they want and I wouldn't mind, but at the moment they are simply unfair. I literally now have to go into 3rd person in order to even get a hit on them at all, and when I do it does nothing at all. And when there are multiple zombies attacking you at once you are completely screwed. It also doesn't help that they can now see you from miles away. It's not that I don't like the change in theory, It's just that it is too early to implement such a change.

That's down the line. I can handle the glitchyness of the zombies right now, it's honestly not as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

I've been OHK by the zombies a few times, but that's because I was crouched and got double tapped by them angry fists of fury. 

Regarding the comment about it being unfair. DayZ has never been fair. Use the tools you got to the best of your abilities. Quite simply make do.

That's down the line. I can handle the glitchyness of the zombies right now, it's honestly not as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

I've been OHK by the zombies a few times, but that's because I was crouched and got double tapped by them angry fists of fury. 

Regarding the comment about it being unfair. DayZ has never been fair. Use the tools you got to the best of your abilities. Quite simply make do.

I just feel like their priorities aren't in the right place. They should focus on making the game stable before they start adding new features IMO.

that just make useless hit body, and that's great, now some tards will actually use brain.
I love new patch and have no idea why ppl complain, the only sad part from new patch is that's if i shoot zombie from crossbow my bolt - disappear 

melee is so difficult do to lag.  Half the time I click its delayed 1-2 seconds. or he doesnt swing at all.  (Same with vaulting)

If my character did what i asked when i asked him, i would be fine with the zombie headshot thing.  

Edited by UnarmedCiv

I've not played for about a month now, but it definitely sounds like the zombies are too tough. Sure it's fine having zombies being killed in 2 -3 hits with a fireaxe, but I know that even when the zombies were "easy" it took a good 20 hits to kill a zombie with a baseball bat or a machete. It sounds as though zombies will now take a whole lot more than 20 hits with a low-end melee weapon.

Bear in mind that in the future there will be a lot more zombies and they will be able to follow you indoors. With that in mind I wouldn't fancy taking on 20-odd zombies even if I could one-shot them with a fireaxe, because I know they're actually going to be able to hit me and I know I can't hide from them by going upstairs.

A player with a fire extinguisher against 5 of these zombies, and every time he somehow manages to kills one, two more respawn half a mile away, see him on their radar and gun it towards him? That sounds pretty shitty to me. I'd rather the devs fix the pathing and the zombie respawn mechanics before they start fiddling with zombie health in an attempt to arbitrarily increase the difficulty of the game in order to appease the full military gear whiners saying zombies are too easy.

But again, I've not played for a while now so my views may be a little skewed.

• Like 1

It should take a lot of body shots to kill a zombie IMO.

Headshots only for one hit kills make sense.

But the fact that they are programmed so shitty is why every time they get harder they also get "cheaper" for lack of a better term.

If we had "normal" behaving zombies along worth a functional melee system, we would be asking for them to be harder.

I just with we could have a real weighty melee system, where every items weight is factored in and swings accordingly.

Each type of melee weapon should have it's own type of swing (they sort of already do).

Pretty much as close to Dark Souls combat as possible, but I know Im just dreaming and nothing even close to that good could ever be in DayZ.

Edited by TEST_SUBJECT_83

It should take a lot of body shots to kill a zombie IMO.

Headshots only for one hit kills make sense.

But the fact that they are programmed so shitty is why every time they get harder they also get "cheaper" for lack of a better term.

If we had "normal" behaving zombies along worth a functional melee system, we would be asking for them to be harder.

I just with we could have a real weighty melee system, where every items weight is factored in and swings accordingly.

Each type of melee weapon should have it's own type of swing (they sort of already do).

Pretty much as close to Dark Souls combat as possible, but I know Im just dreaming and nothing even close to that good could ever be in DayZ.

Yes but dayz is an infection so zombies are infected people with vital organs too.

I actually thinks it's fine since they have increased the respawn timer of zombies from instant to 3-120 seconds to compensate for this they take longer to kill. I think it's alright.

Edited by Bigbadasswolf