ispecter

Bleeding player blood trail

The idea of this suggestion is simple, when a player is bleeding there should be a blood trail left behind on the ground. For odveious reasons it would make hunting down a wonded player more interesting.

Edited by xRyan99
  • Like 19

I actually really like that idea.I think that it would be harder to track the player in the woods if this were the case, because of the textures. However, you'd be hard pressed not to find someone in town with this mechanic. 

I wonder how many resources this would actually take up with the server processing that information though. Still, definitely worth mentioning. I'd post this on the DayZ subreddit, too, if I were you. great suggestion!

Good idea. But I still think that players should only bleed like that if they're shot or hit with a sharp object. You shouldn't just spew out a fountain of blood after getting punched by a zombie.

I'm sceptic to this suggestion. The reason is that even if you bleed profusely, like from a piercing wound to the lower abdomen, your clothes will soak up most of the blood before it starts dripping on the ground. Once it starts dripping on the ground you will have so little blood left in your body that you will be in severe pain, having trouble standing up (if conscious), not to mention move fast. Basically, once you can follow someone's "blood trail" they'll already be half dead, beyond rescue.

And if they only bleed a little, allowing them to move fast and far, there will be no trail.

I'm sceptic to this suggestion. The reason is that even if you bleed profusely, like from a piercing wound to the lower abdomen, your clothes will soak up most of the blood before it starts dripping on the ground. Once it starts dripping on the ground you will have so little blood left in your body that you will be in severe pain, having trouble standing up (if conscious), not to mention move fast. Basically, once you can follow someone's "blood trail" they'll already be half dead, beyond rescue.

And if they only bleed a little, allowing them to move fast and far, there will be no trail.

Don't think so hard, first of there's enough blood in your body to paportainally fill a bathtub. People donate a pint of blood regularly, if you we're to poor a pint on your clothes rest assured there would be some on the floor. Another thing I don't agree with is people trying to say this game is realistic, it's not... Not at all! When you eat a drink tuck loads most people in real life take a shit or piss but nope not in the realistic world of dayz.

When you get shot there should be a blood trail, common sense says so, if you don't agree stop living your life through video games because in real life when you get hurt you bleed and a lot at time. If blood isn't your thing then there should be a graphics option to shut it off for the pussies and the noobs with shit computers.

Edited by xRyan99

Don't think so hard, first of there's enough blood in your body to paportainally fill a bathtub. People donate a pint of blood regularly, if you we're to poor a pint on your clothes rest assured there would be some on the floor. Another thing I don't agree with is people trying to say this game is realistic, it's not... Not at all! When you eat a drink tuck loads most people in real life take a shit or piss but nope not in the realistic world of dayz.

When you get shot there should be a blood trail, common sense says so, if you don't agree stop living your life through video games because in real life when you get hurt you bleed and a lot at time. If blood isn't your thing then there should be a graphics option to shut it off for the pussies and the noobs with shit computers.

The human body holds about 5 to 6 litres of blood. That's barely enough to cover the bottom of the bathtub, unless you have a really, really small bathtub. 6 litres is about 12 pints in case you're unfamiliar with the metric system.

Yes, if you pour a pint of blood on your clothes some will end up on the floor, but that's because you pour it on the outside. If you were to pour a pint inside your shirt most of it would be soaked up in your clothes.

And saying that blood should spurt all over the place just because we don't take a shit and piss in DayZ.. I mean, come on. There's a lot of realistic things that aren't in DayZ. Does that mean we should add unrealistic things? Seriously?

Edited by Strawman

The human body holds about 5 to 6 litres of blood. That's barely enough to cover the bottom of the bathtub, unless you have a really, really small bathtub. 6 litres is about 12 pints in case you're unfamiliar with the metric system.

Yes, if you pour a pint of blood on your clothes some will end up on the floor, but that's because you pour it on the outside. If you were to pour a pint inside your shirt most of it would be soaked up in your clothes.

And saying that blood should spurt all over the place just because we don't take a shit and piss in DayZ.. I mean, come on. There's a lot of realistic things that aren't in DayZ. Does that mean we should add unrealistic things? Seriously?

Unrealistic? What's more unrealistic, a blood trail after you get shot or getting chased by a zombie?

Had the same idea and found your thread, I +1 this idea.

How the hell is a blood trail unrealisitic? I use to make blood trials in my house when I had a nose bleed when I was younger, but for the sake of game purposes the blood should be a little larger to be slightly more noticeable, spotting things in reality is easier than in a video game. You won't see little speckles of blood in a video game as opposed to reality.

However the blood trail should stop after a few seconds, maybe  like 5-10 seconds, so it's not too OP for the hunter.

Edited by blazed

I actually really like that idea.I think that it would be harder to track the player in the woods if this were the case, because of the textures. However, you'd be hard pressed not to find someone in town with this mechanic. 

I wonder how many resources this would actually take up with the server processing that information though. Still, definitely worth mentioning. I'd post this on the DayZ subreddit, too, if I were you. great suggestion!

Well, when they add 64 bit servers I'm sure this will be very plausible. 

• Like 1

Have you ever seen picture of a crime scene? There is blood all over the freaking place because when a bullet exits the body it sends lots of pretty blood, flesh, and guts with it. And if you are running while bleeding it makes your heart beat faster causing the blood to flow more rapidly thus equaling blood spurting from the exit wound. However, if you were shot with a .22 pistol to the torso you probably wouldn't leave a blood trail depending on the circumstances. 

Edited by Jiggly Ritz
  • Like 1

Unrealistic? What's more unrealistic, a blood trail after you get shot or getting chased by a zombie?

They are infected with a virus. They're very much alive. It's not more unrealistic than getting chased by someone who have attracted rabies (one of the symptoms being bouts of rage, in case you didn't know).

Have you ever seen picture of a crime scene? There is blood all over the freaking place because when a bullet exits the body it sends lots pretty blood, flesh, and guts with it. And if you are running while bleeding it makes your heart beat faster causing the blood to flow more rapidly thus equaling blood spurting from the exit wound. However, if you were shot with a .22 pistol to the torso you probably wouldn't leave a blood trail depending on the circumstances. 

Yes, when the bullet exits some blood may spurt and that's ok by me. But blood only spurts from the body if you puncture an artery and even then there are still clothes in the way. And even if the blood pumping from an artery would spurt all over the place you'd bleed out in less than 20 seconds. In that time you don't get far.

Edited by Strawman

They are infected with a virus. They're very much alive. It's not more unrealistic than getting chased by someone who have attracted rabies (one of the symptoms being bouts of rage, in case you didn't know).

Yes, when the bullet exits some blood may spurt and that's ok by me. But blood only spurts from the body if you puncture an artery and even then there are still clothes in the way. And even if the blood pumping from an artery would spurt all over the place you'd bleed out in less than 20 seconds. In that time you don't get far.

Your a fucking peace of work you know that, the debate about blood being on the ground after a person gets shot is just dumb? This is a video game! It's all about play ability why your referencing real life is just dumb, Dayz is not realistic at all! Nothing about dayz strikes me as reality, go see a shrink ffs. I'd understand if you said "I don't like this suggestion because it doesn't fit your likening" but to say there's not enough blood in the human body to make a blood trail is kind of dumb. I've fallen on my skate board and made a blood trail half a km to my house. With clothes on, I feel like my IQ is dropping eachtime I read your post.

Your a fucking peace of work you know that, the debate about blood being on the ground after a person gets shot is just dumb? This is a video game! It's all about play ability why your referencing real life is just dumb, Dayz is not realistic at all! Nothing about dayz strikes me as reality, go see a shrink ffs. I'd understand if you said "I don't like this suggestion because it doesn't fit your likening" but to say there's not enough blood in the human body to make a blood trail is kind of dumb. I've fallen on my skate board and made a blood trail half a km to my house. With clothes on, I feel like my IQ is dropping eachtime I read your post.

Wow, so much anger.

I suggest you calm down.

I find one of the most appealing things about DayZ is it's realism. The detail of actions in the game is huge which makes it more realistic than most other games. If you don't find it realistic then that's fine. We just happen to disagree there.

Now, if people would leave blood trails it would in my opinion remove some of the realism that I like so much about the game. And that's exactly what you asked for: I stated why I don't like the suggestion because of my liking. And I thought it more constructive to detail why I didn't like the suggestion. A lot more constructive than telling someone to go see a shrink just because they don't agree with me.

Wow, so much anger.

I suggest you calm down.

I find one of the most appealing things about DayZ is it's realism. The detail of actions in the game is huge which makes it more realistic than most other games. If you don't find it realistic then that's fine. We just happen to disagree there.

Now, if people would leave blood trails it would in my opinion remove some of the realism that I like so much about the game. And that's exactly what you asked for: I stated why I don't like the suggestion because of my liking. And I thought it more constructive to detail why I didn't like the suggestion. A lot more constructive than telling someone to go see a shrink just because they don't agree with me.

I'm sorry for being rude, everyone is entitled to their opion. I just cringe when people say realistic.. It's just not in anyway. Either way we'll leave it at that. I do wish there was a more arcade version of the game.

This would work best in snow but it rains constantly so personally this isn't that effective rain would wash it away

I'm sorry for being rude, everyone is entitled to their opion. I just cringe when people say realistic.. It's just not in anyway. Either way we'll leave it at that. I do wish there was a more arcade version of the game.

I understand that. The most arcadey zombie games seem to be all single player. Maybe H1Z1 will turn out more along those lines and give those who want that type of action their fill.

Perhaps they could implement a tracking mechanic?  You could get a general direction of travel based on a blood trail as well as use it to hunt down wildlife once hunting is implemented.  Would be a pretty cool realism thing.  Could also be one of those "skills" that can be increased as you use it that they have talked about using something along the lines of...

• Like 1

I understand that. The most arcadey zombie games seem to be all single player. Maybe H1Z1 will turn out more along those lines and give those who want that type of action their fill.

My issue with H1Z1 is that it's such a copy of dayz, really there's no originality. Though I will play it because its free I'm just hopping Dayz doesn't fall behind because of rip off games like H1Z1. Dayz is the gritty game that I love but I do have high expectations for the game. I've seen individual moders turn dayz mod into an entirely different game in just a few weeks. Now referring to the standalone they release updates monthly and are often late! I'm just not seeing what's taking so long to fix sound issues and minor game changing bugs. They sold 2 million units, guys hire more people from the modding community and start pumping out updates biweekly. I understand good content takes time.

My issue with H1Z1 is that it's such a copy of dayz, really there's no originality. Though I will play it because its free I'm just hopping Dayz doesn't fall behind because of rip off games like H1Z1. Dayz is the gritty game that I love but I do have high expectations for the game. I've seen individual moders turn dayz mod into an entirely different game in just a few weeks. Now referring to the standalone they release updates monthly and are often late! I'm just not seeing what's taking so long to fix sound issues and minor game changing bugs. They sold 2 million units, guys hire more people from the modding community and start pumping out updates biweekly. I understand good content takes time.

Absolutely nothing wrong with copying games as long as it doesn't infringe any copyright laws than its fair game. I encourage it, because the more companies that attempt a certain type of game the more likely someone will eventually create it well. DayZ is in the middle right now, it has things that work but some things in it are terrible. Traveling in DayZ is absolutely shit (for me) they need to delete Airfields and military bases so each area is worthwhile. I hope H1Z1 turns to be everything I wanted from DayZ, but who knows it might be worse.

Who knows if the zombies punch or leave a gaping scratch in your body. Just think if the zombies have sharp dirty nails and uses force to scratch like an animal, it could leave a big laceration

Absolutely nothing wrong with copying games as long as it doesn't infringe any copyright laws than its fair game. I encourage it, because the more companies that attempt a certain type of game the more likely someone will eventually create it well. DayZ is in the middle right now, it has things that work but some things in it are terrible. Traveling in DayZ is absolutely shit (for me) they need to delete Airfields and military bases so each area is worthwhile. I hope H1Z1 turns to be everything I wanted from DayZ, but who knows it might be worse.

That is a very fair point, it will probably put more fire under the devs to get some of the key features working. Though I think we are getting a little off topic anything you'd like to add pertaining too tracking a blood trail?