Sign in to follow this  
timedance

stable patch Stable Patch 0.44.123800 - joke ?

While forum-mods deleted my recent post(in right topic), I will open a new one.

Please developers, focus more on survival/ cooking-hunting, not making 100 handguns...

I am also not interested to color my gun pink or such crap.

The latest stable patch is really disappointing, thats all I can say...

Maybe it was better, waiting for 0.45....etc to stable without bugs

Bow is already not working....

Cooking and hunting not in...

Binocular not working well

ugly FPS...

patience young padawan, patience is key here, it is after all an alpha and we're only testers, not gamers. That's at least what the disclaimer says every time youlaunch the game but of course for many people that doesn't seem enough of an explanation.

not sure about your fps though mine has gotten a lot better in cities, especially svetlo has seen decent improvements on my part, the new city on the other end hasn't been optimized yet it seems so that one is still a performance drain.

we're only testers, not gamers

You're joking, right? If you have seen my posts lately you know what I mean.

Let the hate consume, you feel its energy flow through you, you are sith.

• Like 5

They never said they'd be adding cooking/hunting in this patch. They did however say they'd add fire, so that's slightly disappointing, but I've faith we'll get these things on time (Q1 2014)

They never said they'd be adding cooking/hunting in this patch. They did however say they'd add fire, so that's slightly disappointing, but I've faith we'll get these things on time (Q1 2014)

But we are in Q2 now. You realise it's called quarters cos there is 4 of them right? 4 x 3 month.

• Like 6

You're joking, right? If you have seen my posts lately you know what I mean.

Nope, haven't seen them, but I'm going to quote what's on the store page in very large bold letters:

"WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING."

And that's just how it is. The alternative was that they kept this game hidden in development for another year or so and released it as a beta. 

It's not what you think this game is, or should be it's what it's being sold as. You don't buy a car without an engine and complain that it doesn't drive.

Edited by DedicateDdos

Nope, haven't seen them, but I'm going to quote what's on the store page in very large bold letters:

I was talking about how they can't even be bothered posting patch notes for experimental any more, and how the mods keep being snarky at people who post negative feedback. If you think we're here to test then I don't know what signs you are seeing of this because frankly I have no idea.

• Like 5

With this patch the FPS is actually dead, doesn't exist anymore, if u r thirsty don't drink coke, or sprite, or anything what not water, cos doesn't do anything, u can stack up coke in the cooking pot actually, they made the zombies more tough for no reason, cos they still go through walls, and now they even need 5-6 shots, impossible to aim at there head with this michael jackson zombie moves.

I am sorry to say it, but with this update u guys f*cked up the game, really hard... That's after 5 mins of gameplay... I can't see should I invest much more time on it in the current stage, make a hotfix today, not in two months, and pls try to not f*ck up what was working before.

And I just mention again, I am sorry to say the ugly truth...

PS.: Idiot spawned into the house where I was, didn't hear him until he was shooting at me, with the FPS I wasn't even able to shoot at him, cos I didn't even see where is he exactly, and without saying anything he killed me, do something with the spawn system, do not allow to spawn in towns or something cos this is disgusting...

You have new net messaging system which freaking makes game way better because almost no desyncs and lags. I think You are retarded when You cant see that.

Edited by kichilron
You do not do that.

But we are in Q2 now. You realise it's called quarters cos there is 4 of them right? 4 x 3 month.

Could be financial quarters and those do vary from country to country. Just sayin.

I think You are retarded when You cant see that.

You don't want to use that word around here.

• Like 2

Could be financial quarters and those do vary from country to country. Just sayin.

I'm pretty sure he was using calendar quarters in the example given (Rezzed talk I assume), because he was talking about the run up to beta at the end of the year.

I was talking about how they can't even be bothered posting patch notes for experimental any more, and how the mods keep being snarky at people who post negative feedback. If you think we're here to test then I don't know what signs you are seeing of this because frankly I have no idea.

Experimental isn't really about testing for the "players" it's about seeing wheter the servers and hive hold up, and no strange things are happening in the backlog, creeating a changelog for something that's tentative to change isn't just productive. But exp servers have always been about gathering statistical data on server/hive/client performance it's not the actual testing field that's what stable is for, that's also why stable still contains bugs and isn't just "the playable version" both are for testing purposes but they both serve different uses. Though it's an understandable misconception due to naming.

I haven't seen snarky comments from  the mods, I did see a few threads being closed/removed but that's simply due to the fact that honestly these were more often then not just misinformed hate spewing threads such as "hur dur axe doesn't do damages devs fix please" while things like that are actually properly explained in the patch notes, they just need to read.

but again exp -> metric gathering on server, client and hive performance, not for bug hunting although it doesn't exclude such things.

as an example 100 pop servers isn't what the devs want to see as an end-product yet they were enabled on experimental to see whether it was technically possible, afterwards they can simply limit the number of people per server as a -design- choice rather then a technical limitation. Of course they need people to fill these 100pop servers.

Edited by DedicateDdos
  • Like 1

Clearly you are unaware of the work that has been put into this patch and has no idea of the development process.

All you want is more more more.. your priorities are not BIS priorities. 

Experimental isn't really about testing for the "players" it's about seeing wheter the servers and hive hold up, and no strange things are happening in the backlog, creeating a changelog for something that's tentative to change isn't just productive

You're serious, aren't you. And they were happy to create a decently comprehensive changelog for months.

I'm sorry, I know this is rude of me, but I just can't be bothered replying to the rest after that. Rest assured though, I did read it.

this patch is all in all fucked up. sorry for my spell, but this is unplayable now. When experimental is such a thing, it does not interest me, but STABLE such ..... is pour brashness

• Like 1

You're serious, aren't you. And they were happy to create a decently comprehensive changelog for months.

I'm sorry, I know this is rude of me, but I just can't be bothered replying to the rest after that. Rest assured though, I did read it.

Just because they cared enough to do it back then doesn't mean they have to keep on doing it. Don't get me wrong I'd love to see more information about the development, and I too hate they actually are so tight lipped about it most of the time, I just don't feel entitled enough to demand it.

• Like 1

Tell your Mom or who ever bought you this game test.. and ask them to read you the rules.. Because you clearly did not buy this yourself.. you clueless to what stage this game is in at the moment.
KOS is because of people like you that don't want to test stuff they just want to play.. fack off!! If you want the game to progress stop playing it and test it.
You say your disappointed.. well atleast they are progressing. I am really stoked that they are moving forward. Now just be patient and wait for the next patch to see what surprises we get.

And the OP did not supply negative feedback he just ranting cus the game is still in alpha.. Doesn't understand what a alpha test is.. Most people don't. All these 12 year old kids I meet in dayz trying to KOS me... You really think they supply any kind of help to the community? Other then knowing how fast you can die from getting shot.

Can't play anymore. This f*cking 500 seconds after "Session lost" everytime. Game now is completly unplayable.

And after all FPS is SO F*CKING SMALL, its SMALLER THEN MY PENIS.Why they predict it on stable branch if they experienced this problems on experimental branch? WTF?!

Edited by Thundefined
  • Like 1

Just because they cared enough to do it back then doesn't mean they have to keep on doing it. Don't get me wrong I'd love to see more information about the development, and I too hate they actually are so tight lipped about it most of the time, I just don't feel entitled enough to demand it.

I don't feel entitled at all, I just happen to have been around since the beginning of the mod and want to contribute something. Unfortunately a growing number of us are noticing a breakdown in communication. It's all well and good spouting apologetics when you've been on this board a few weeks and have a handful of posts, but I'm just not interested in hearing it.

• Like 1

Let the hate consume, you feel its energy flow through you, you are sith.

Is there something wrong with being a Sith?  Did I miss something?

xx

• Like 2

I don't feel entitled at all, I just happen to have been around since the beginning of the mod and want to contribute something. Unfortunately a growing number of us are noticing a breakdown in communication. It's all well and good spouting apologetics when you've been on this board a few weeks and have a handful of posts, but I'm just not interested in hearing it.

Oh so now this is about who's been playing the longest and has made the most comments. you're amusing, if you've actually kept an eye on the devtracker you'd see that the stuff you're complaining about has actually been answered.

Can't play anymore. This f*cking 500 seconds after "Session lost" everytime. Game now is completly unplayable.

And after all FPS is SO F*CKING SMALL, its SMALLER THEN MY PENIS.Why they predict it on stable branch if they experienced this problems on experimental branch? WTF?!

How bout try lowering your video settings???