kichilron

Stable Branch: 0.44 Discussion

So, everyone has stopped playing DayZ... ? :) Am I the only one who sees unannounced changes on stable? Respawn counter is counting from 99 not from 200 like it used to be after which I stay over 1 minute in "Please Wait..." black screen. This is on stable official DayZ GB servers...

So, everyone has stopped playing DayZ... ? :) Am I the only one who sees unannounced changes on stable? Respawn counter is counting from 99 not from 200 like it used to be after which I stay over 1 minute in "Please Wait..." black screen. This is on stable official DayZ GB servers...

Yeah its been like that for a while, the ghosting time was changed, i think its 90 seconds if you change to a different server and longer if you come back to the same one. as far as I know, you are correct, we haven't seen this noted on the official forums. Like you i think i would like to see at least every change on Stable noted so that we know what has changed etc and aren't surprised when we attempt to play.

• Like 1

Yeah its been like that for a while, the ghosting time was changed, i think its 90 seconds if you change to a different server and longer if you come back to the same one. as far as I know, you are correct, we haven't seen this noted on the official forums. Like you i think i would like to see at least every change on Stable noted so that we know what has changed etc and aren't surprised when we attempt to play.

It was definitely noted on here. Multiple times. Not only in the DevTracker. Make sure to actually read up on what's going on here before tossing around accusations.

Very unprofessional looking to be now almost a month over when the last patch was meant to be .

You also mentioned that it was over a month since the last patch was supposed to be out. But it wasn't even 2.5 weeks since this patch was released. I don't really call that slow development. Epsecially not with the updates we're getting from the Dev Team.

feeling deserted now is starting to feel like one of the other Alphas that never get their updates.

That's not the case, though. As I mentioned before: make sure to do your homework. There are two new studios that joined. One for Zombies and one for animals. To incorporate those takes some time.

Nearly 6 months have passed and when I had brought the game I thought 3-6 months would see the majority of content added and then move to graphics and tweaks. It hasn't happened, its very slow.

I think from a development point of view there have been quite a few major content updates, which the Alpha is for. The dev roadmap also shows when the beta state should be reached, where bugfixing is going to be the major part. It is also highlighted on the Steam sale page and has been since the very release in December. It told you it was going to hit Beta at the end of 2014. If you did not bother reading that and instead jumped on here complaining about the forums it does nothing but showing how uninformed you are.

I am not here because I have to defend this game, because I am an employee of BIS. I am here because I am a part of the community just like everyone else. If I would think this game wouldn't be worth my time or my help I wouldn't bother being here. I strongly believe that it's going to achieve what it's trying to do.

And at the same time I strongly disagree with everyone that merely jumps on here to stir up emotions of other community members with mere, uninformed rants. This is not what the forums are for.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 3

My concern is that I have to wait another minute after 99 seconds with black screen. I think this started since last Wednesday maintenance.

Anyway, I really try to stay good informed. It is simply not possible on this forum even with dev tracker. (kichilron)

Edited by lucianpin
  • Like 1

Guys, let's stay calm...

I would like to here answers to my real problems stated here. And again. I will start to blind because I am playing DayZ at sunset for over one month. Can someone here contact the person responsible for official servers. After restart it is 15:00 and soon is getting dark. I understand the beauty of the night but we need daylight too.

Anyway, I really try to stay good informed. It is simply not possible on this forum even with dev tracker. (kichilron)

I do understand what you're saying, and I don't expect everyone to know everything. That's simply impossible. By stating, that one expects the game to be in Beta status within 3-6 months, which is what AgentNe0 has said, I do have to intervene and say: "look, with all the disclaimers on the Steam page you need to read before buying you would have to know when the Beta is supposed to be released". It is not our duty to keep telling this to the people, they have to read the disclaimers on the sales page. If they don't, or forget about it, there is nothing we can do about it. It's simply not our fault. This is how it works:

Ignorantia legis non excusat.

I have also seen this member around active enough that he should know better than assuming so, as the development roadmap has been reposted numerous times and it covers when the game is supposed to hit beta. The only thing everyone seems to remember from that is the bit about hunting, which should have been here 2 weeks ago. The rest always seems to get lost.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 1

By stating, that one expects the game to be in Beta status within 3-6 months, which is what AgentNe0 has said,

No  I never said I expect it.

I knew the game would probaly be in Beta./ release by End of 2014 which  BI have said they aimed for.

I expected within 3-6 the main content bulk of the game to be functional and then move onto graphics. I would have thought push bikes, tents, and zombies going through walls to be fixed by this stage (6 months in to development) would be acceptable.

the update page has been so sporadic, trying to read what is in the latest updates on what are constantly changing documents, the note about 64 time wasn't in there a few weeks ago, they must have retro added it in. The devs seems to be all over Reddit and Twitter but not here on the forums. That zombie thread feedback is hundreds pages long and not one reply from a developer or someone official? Like i said before it takes 2 minutes to write a couple sentences on their official forum but ok I'll spend half my day chasing around Reddit and other sites.

• Like 1

I don't complain about development taking too long. It's fine even if it takes 3 years. A good question is whether BI released Alpha too soon. Also this should not be our concern. I just try to be informed and I wold like to receive feedback on this forum.

• Like 1

Good enough, i heard though (unofficialy of course) that the Cauldron Ltd. made big progress with zombie behaviour and the AI, but i dont get why the **** arent we told by devs whats going on ? Am i supposed to google everything about game unofficialy ? Does it even make a sense?

I really hope end of may, means end of may not half of june. And i hope the update will not contain just  few more variations of tracksuit pants and fireplaces that wont have any use without cooking system... I am just wondering why they added frying pan and after 2 months melee animation to it. hmmm

• Like 1

I don't think I have the willpower to go to Reddit for any information. 

• Like 1

They don't care anymore guys. Simple as that. How is this any different than what warz did?

Edited by Andromeda
  • Like 4

- Complaining about zombies:
    Useless, since dean allready annonced, that a whole new studio is working on it.
    (the whole pathfinding-system will be replaced)

- Complaining about rare updates:
    Dean allready said, it´s better to have fewer, stable patches with less bugs, than 4 patches per month with lots of bugs.
     (see: bugs)

- Complaining about lack of info:
    Read here in the Dev-Tracker, on subreddit and inform yourself.
   (theres lots of info on the interwebs, mods/devs allready have enough trouble)

- Complaining about bugs:
    Bugfixing is something that is dealt with in beta-stage .. so not before 2015.
    (you signed up for alpha..so do, what you are meant to do.. go & report bugs in the bugtracker).

So.. What else.. ?
What about, we be happy for the roadmap for 2014.

Now, let´s all stop whining & we try again, with a adult & productive discussion.

\edited

Edited by dawud
  • Like 2

Useless, since dean allready annonced, that a whole new studio is working on it.

Dean allready said, it´s better to have fewer, stable patches with less bugs, than 4 patches per month with lots of bugs.

(you signed up for alpha..so do, what you are meant to do.. go & report bugs in the bugtracker).

So.. What else.. ?

Now, let´s all stop whining & we try again, with a adult & productive discussion.

\edited

1) I think it's pretty apparent at this point that they cannot fix zombies glitching through objects/walls + stupid AI. 

2) Slow updates has no excuses, they already create many new bugs each patch anyways. (Usually game breaking).

3) Yet another 'it's alpha' excuse. I don't know what you're talking about @ bug fixes because they seem to be mostly fixing tiny pointless bugs on the changelog. So if they stated they wouldn't be fixing bugs in alpha then they aren't following their own road map very well.

Edited by Andromeda
  • Like 2

I've died twice today to a speedhacker, the same one. First he killed my friend on the roof of the office building in Svet, then instantly teleported to me missed all his shots then speed hacked away to shoot me,  an earlier on we made him speedhack away from the factory south of Lumber Mi;/Berezinho and all the way north  to Svet, the hack detection system just isn't doing anything.

• Like 2

"You also mentioned that it was over a month since the last patch was supposed to be out. But it wasn't even 2.5 weeks since this patch was released. I don't really call that slow development. Epsecially not with the updates we're getting from the Dev Team."

And they are what exactly? For all we know the 'dev team' aka 'dev person' isn't actually doing a thing, and the clear miscommunication between the team is ever apparent with the last patch "added a new town" that well... Wasn't actually there which isn't a bug, that's miscommunication.

• Like 1

I don't think I have the willpower to go to Reddit for any information. 

I don't prefer it, but when I do I use the "new" tab. It seems to be the only way to get useful information. For some reason people over there downvote useful posts off the front page.

So.. What else.. ?

\edited

The developers stated that they want feedback from the comunity. Nobody involved in the development process reads these forums or they don't care about our input.

Bug fixing process is a continous one and is not bounded by milestones such as beta especially when involves gamebraking bugs that are easy to reproduce and trace.

So dont lecture us about what we need from the curent development roadmap. I respect your point of view but don't force it on others.

@devs please fix character loss on reconnect bug , pbo and other hacking bugs.

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=78 ( character loss on  reconnect )

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=4774 ( this is the pbo hack bug which was closed , even if there are still hackers exploiting it , veerrrry nice )

etc

Thanks

Edited by mishu
  • Like 1

The developers stated that they want feedback from the comunity. Nobody involved in the development process reads these forums or they don't care about our input.

Bug fixing process is a continous one and is not bounded by milestones such as beta especially when involves gamebraking bugs that are easy to reproduce and trace.

So dont lecture us about what we need from the curent development roadmap. I respect your point of view but don't force it on others.

@devs please fix spawn reset bug , pbo and other hacking bugs.

Thanks

+ wall/texture glitch(prison mostly), m4A1 infinite ammo exploit, firearm impossible to use ( when looted from a deadbody)- all these bugs were reported and voted up multiple times.

• Like 1

According to feedback tracker this bug is fixed:

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=4774

According to what we experienced in the last night session, it's not.

So far i see the following scenarios that need to be tested and not allowed:

1. Delete pbo prior to enter game. ( this i guess is fixed now )

2. Delete pbo prior to enter game, place them back after so battleeye will not find anything wrong with the game.

- when starting the game just check if the files you load are not corrupted / missing. If so start the update procedure.

- battleeye should do random check of what is loaded vs what is in dayz folders

3. Rename one pbo file as another pbo file. ( rename pbo tree as pbo military structs ).

- just have a CRC list of the files. If they don't match, start update procedure.

I know this is the alfa stage of the game, and this is the time to find the huge problems, but i would expect that after such a problem is found, that the fix will come as a priority.

hey guys i guess its fixed now i tried to "use it" for another bug report video, on my fake-steam account, i got banned from battleeye because memory manipulation. global ban :)

(if you replace a file with another, namechange for example lighhouse.pbo for military.pbo)

so i think this is good to know and it cost me only 23 euro to find it out :D

happy playing

Edited by Sanitöter

Why do they ban accounts for this? Let's suppose i have pbo files corrupted by OS on my computer , and start playing dayz. This means that I am globally banned by an automated anticheat system because my filesystem went haywire , instead of kicking me out and forcing to reinstall the application.

• Like 1

http://7daystodie.com/    Wow look at the progress here for 7 days to die. And look at the progress for dayz. 7 days to die, far smaller team, only 250k sold, far less resources. And what have we got here a team with 60million dollars thats supposedly experienced and professional........... Quite simply........ my ass. 

• Like 2

Impressive indeed... The graphic is not comparing to DayZ, but indeed impressive...

• Like 1

Once again, all i can say to all your complaints:

The Game is not released YET, and you were NOT forced to participate in the alpha-stage.

Did you guys read the disclaimer ?
Did you even read get the roadmap ?

http://imgur.com/a/CDb92

thnx for the pic go @ jsroberts08 from reddit

Once again, all i can say to all your complaints:

The Game is not released YET, and you were NOT forced to participate in the alpha-stage.

Did you guys read the disclaimer ?

Did you even read get the roadmap ?

http://imgur.com/a/CDb92

thnx for the pic go @ jsroberts08 from reddit

You mean the road map they are behind on, yeah. Fireplaces, can cook and craft them etc. Worst case end of april, its mid may....... and by the looks of it since there is nothing on experimental, there will be little to nothing for stable again this month either. 

• Like 1

You mean the road map they are behind on, yeah. Fireplaces, can cook and craft them etc. Worst case end of april, its mid may....... and by the looks of it since there is nothing on experimental, there will be little to nothing for stable again this month either. 

Survival update should be (not will) end of the month, and before beginning of third quarter as described in the roadmap.

\edit

and i do not mean to offend aybody .. but all this "Why this? why that?..the game will never be finished"-whining is counterproductive

and also no constructive critic at all.

So either stop playing & reporting bugs and come back in mid 2015

or prettty please with sugar on top, stop acting all "poor-mee-wanna-play-finished-game-now"

Edited by dawud