ronnyrotten

Loot respawning

As far as i know its not supposed to respawn in SA except on server starts. i believe this is intended. Certainly hope it starys that way. one of the big issues with balancing "rare spawns" in DayZ mod was that no matter what you do if you have a clan willing to sit and farm an area you can eventually build up stupid stocks of powerful weapons/high end gear.

Well, thats not what i read. I read that a Hive will get a "economy" for loot spawns. That means that you will have 5 Long range scopes for example on the hole hive, if they are looted by Players no more Long range scopes will spawn until one of the 5 will be destroyed. But i cannot say if the "Loot-economy" is in the exp. branch or if it will come later.

Edited by Ozar
  • Like 1

Centralised loot will be coming eventually, it's not implemented yet.

Respawning loot is being tested on experimental, so expect that to be introduced soon.

Awww. No approve of loot respawn. better bound to restart untill database system is implemented. :( then again considering the current selection of content it wont make much difference without a way to store things that persist beyond an individual character's existance. and the fact that theres nothing supremely OP in the game ATM, purely balanced by rarity either...

Edited by Sovetsky

Can the developers start posting patch notes on the forums so we know what is being pushed to the stable servers?

Can the developers start posting patch notes on the forums so we know what is being pushed to the stable servers?

You mean Changelogs? Yeah, wouldn't it be nice if we had something like that right here:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/187821-change-log-044123800/

• Like 2

I've seen some items getting re spawned on exp, though the rubber banding accompanied with it is horrible.

I've seen some items getting re spawned on exp, though the rubber banding accompanied with it is horrible.

Yeah obviously the first bigger attempt has it flaws as it puts a lot of strain to server CPU causing rubberbanding.

Anyway I'm excited Devs are getting closer to implementing working respawn mechanics, because that will make SA a lot better.

Then fix zombies, improve client FPS and we got stable foundations upon which anything can be added!

Edited by Hombre

Heck ya! I have been waiting for loot respawn to start working, for me its the thing that the game was missing.

Centralized loot -meaning Hive-controlled? I'm not very familiar with the different types.

Well, thats not what i read. I read that a Hive will get a "economy" for loot spawns. That means that you will have 5 Long range scopes for example on the hole hive, if they are looted by Players no more Long range scopes will spawn until one of the 5 will be destroyed. But i cannot say if the "Loot-economy" is in the exp. branch or if it will come later.

All this will do is cause more KoS.  See someone, he might have one of the five (insert great item here) so you kill him and find out.  If they want to slow down or reduce KoS and get players working together this is the worst thing they can do.  Right now I wouldn't KoS anyone, never have and have no reason to.  You tell me this guy could have a LRS in his back pack and I'm looking for one for a week or two already I'll smoke him and check because there is a chance I'd never find one because they are all looted.