Sign in to follow this  
helcol

Post what sounds you feel need to be added to the game

This guy has sone good ideas:

His environmental sounds are quite good, JSRS dominates in combat audio though.

Edited by akafugitive
  • Like 3

. Right now, if I'm up in NWAF... I still hear the sea shore. (Last time I remember anyway)

Actually I am from New England and that sound you are describing as the ocean reminds me more of wind in the pines at night rather than the ocean.  I believe that is what it is supposed to be since the terrain and forests remind me of New England it makes sense that the sounds would too.  I have never been to Eastern Europe so I am going with what I know.

As for the phone idea you have that would be a great way to kick off an adventure quest at some point when there is some content added.

This guy has sone good ideas:

His environmental sounds are quite good, JSRS dominates in combat audio though.

I want that guys sound files..

• Like 1

All good stuff. Sadly though, I don't think audio in this game will ever be where we want it to be. It just might be too expensive. I hope I'm wrong though.

Actually, maybe it's just me. I just feel that in this type of game, where there's perma death, a vast environment where people can be anywhere at any time and even appear out of thin air(logging in for a session), the players need to have sounds attached to everything they do. Trying to sneak up on someone, but you hug the wall too closely and there should be audio for you rubbing up against the wall. Not to mention the speed you should have to travel to minimize the sound of your footsteps should be extremely slow. Something like Ghost Recon's ALT walk. All sounds should have dry and wet versions. We all know what happens when running on a tiled floor with wet sneakers. Proper ducking on environmental sounds when nearby sounds are occurring. My list can go on for some time, so I'll stop here.

Overall though, I'd just like to have the players creating more sounds from their actions so that you have to be a lil' more clever when trying to be undetectable.

A new female breathing sound, one that doesn't sound like it was recorded on a mobile phone.

• For months girls had a male breathing sound.
  • They then got a female one that sounded fine.
  • Now they have a new one that sounds crap.
  • Like 1

the sound broken glass under your feet makes

these special sounds that only the wind can make in the forest

rain sounds especially when hitting tin roofs.

AND (the lack) of wildlife-sounds during a (rainy) storm.

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 3

Zombies that scream in the distance, no bullshit fake sound, I mean if a zombies really in the distance. 

• Like 1

A stray bullet of mine hit a window the other day and I heard a smashing sound... But I dont think the window broke... But I was also a little...busy at the time it happened so i forgot to check it out when i was done.

But will they eventually have actual windows shattering once physics is added is the real question.

Back to the topic, I hope the Guba alarms, stated in the other thread, are real.

Fapping animation + sounds.. 

I get bored when Im all alone. Wut?  :|

Edited by lrish

Fapping animation + sounds.. 

I get bored when Im all alone. Wut?  :|

If I catch you I'll let you finish before I shoot you. I'm nice like that.

I really think that's should be a top priority. So hard to be cautious when there is crazy reloading sounds in your ear the entire play session.

Yeah it sounds like I'm carrying around two pockets full of quarters sometimes

A less disgusting eating sound..

Edited by Geckofrog7

A less disgusting eating sound..

I'm probably exposing myself as a freak here, but after the new chewing sound was implemented I did catch myself listening to the sound of myself chewing food "in my head", and it sounded quite a lot like the DayZ chewing sound. I think it's one of those sounds we usually tune out and don't even hear.

• Like 1

I'd like to hear seagulls near the shore, not only because I like the sound but because it is also a good indicator where you are roughly.

I'd like to hear seagulls near the shore, not only because I like the sound but because it is also a good indicator where you are roughly.

I like that, I always thought that was weird there were no seagull sounds in ARMA 2...(that I remember)

I love the original operation flashpoint birds...one of the birds, sky lark I think?

It was the one that was fairly loud and distinguishable..i liked that one.

It was kind of like the game's unofficial soundtrack.

Edited by Geckofrog7

I also would like different sounds depending on the food you eat or the liquids you drink.

I love the original operation flashpoint birds...one of the birds, sky lark I think?

I tried to find it on youtube, but was not successful sadly. :)

I tried to find it on youtube, but was not successful sadly. :)

I'll hop on ol' cold war crisis and upload a quick video when I can.

Might just sample all the ambient sounds.

• Like 1

When they add fog and stronger wind they should add crow sounds, branches scratching windows near building, and of course, wind effect