Sign in to follow this  
blazed

Can you shoot through staircases or was this a hack?

So I'm in NEAF guy comes out of other room we exchange shots, he runs downstairs, i follow pursuit, bottom of staircase I see can see him in 3rd person view behind the staircase, he opens fire and kills me through the staircase itself. I spawn near NEAF find another SKS + ammo, run all the way back, scout the airstrip for 10mins, all quiet, nothing, run back to body, find that the door is closed suspiciously... I get ready for the worse, I open door try to move back behind wall for cover got insta headshotted, he was looking at the door.

Out of my anger I uninstalled the game... I tend to do that when I rage with games that piss me off more often than give me joy.

I'll reinstall when beta comes out.... darn game.

Sounds like you got done by either a hacker with ESP, or a glitcher looking through walls. From what you say, I'd bet on hacker though.

Sounds like you got done by either a hacker with ESP, or a glitcher looking through walls. From what you say, I'd bet on hacker though.

He could also have a buddy watching out for him... Me and my Bro do that all the time.. one provides overwatch while the other loots.

He could also have a buddy watching out for him... Me and my Bro do that all the time.. one provides overwatch while the other loots.

LOL! No someone is better than them, must be hacker. 

We are like you Massacre and never loot a high value area without at least one on over watch. We know when you enter the air field, we know what weapon you have, what you are dressed like, when you approach a door and where you are standing when you open it.. within a inch most times.

Now as for shooting through stairs it could be either desync or wall glitching both are frustrating but you just have to get over it.

Yesterday I spent 3 hours going from a freshie to a fully kitted solider I finally find my last item required (a red dot) only to be "Kicked for battleye client not responding", when I respawned I was a freshie again. I can only assume a zombie smashed my skull in but you don't see me on whinning.

PS: Love your quote in your sig 

Edited by NexVentor

This.

You think "ERHMAGURD CHEATS". Nine of of ten times it's the above.

1s5ajlxk.vichan.jpg

Considering my 5.56 can't even penetrate a fucking tin fence and hurt the guy behind i'm gonna go and say hack.

• Like 3

It was shooting me through the staircase more anything else, doubt it was desync as I saw him kneel waiting behind the stair case, he opened fire as i stood there considering whether to jump out or not and take the risk.

Later when I got headshot at the door way it might have very well been skill, whether it was awesome prediction & headshot aiming or just plain out hacking is debatable.

I've died a ton of times in DayZ, heck I go around as a fresh spawn trying to knock geared guys out, I don't whine most of the times I die, I usually say "touché" so don't give me that bullcrap NexVentor. However when you see someone shoot you through a brick of stairs and get killed don't tell me it wouldn't annoy you in the slightest, even it wasn't hacking and just a spray and pray glitch it is a huge annoyance.

1. That was an awesome read, and seriously made me laugh.. not even at you, with you. 

2. Bullets ricochet. Alpha gets all aphla-ee. Lag. Desync. Yes, he actually shot through the stairs (maybe there is a bug there he knows about).. any of these could answer your question before HAXZZZ! Hack happens, but it gets exclaimed far more than it truly rears its ugly head. I know because I have experience spending hours upon hours of going over logs and in the end finding about 5% of hack reports are actual hacks.

3. Most hack reports or claims are actually people getting DayZ'd

4. He waited for you to come back. You did. DayZ'd again.. this time by a player, not a bug or janky coding.

5. In real life physics are still essentially a theory. In video games, there are not even laws of physics that you cant count on 100% of the time. Its tantamount to seeing your friend float away one day for no reason.. another you grow a huge arm that flails wildly. In other words, you cant exactly count on video games to work properly and when they dont you have to shrug it off.

Edited by lrish

So I'm in NEAF guy comes out of other room we exchange shots, he runs downstairs, i follow pursuit, bottom of staircase I see can see him in 3rd person view behind the staircase, he opens fire and kills me through the staircase itself. I spawn near NEAF find another SKS + ammo, run all the way back, scout the airstrip for 10mins, all quiet, nothing, run back to body, find that the door is closed suspiciously... I get ready for the worse, I open door try to move back behind wall for cover got insta headshotted, he was looking at the door.

Out of my anger I uninstalled the game... I tend to do that when I rage with games that piss me off more often than give me joy.

Just like you can see through the staircase in third person at the bottom of the atc i believe you can poke your gun through i, Also there is another glitch where people can get insided the atc and can shoot 360 all around. There are so many glitches at the neaf it is not even worth going there anymore. Honestly on a full server me and my group ran to the west jail, to people under the floor, ran to the atc two people inside an unreachable place, ran to the east jail to people in the upstairs glitch, this game is getting so bad with glitches and sad people abusing them that it is starting ruin certain parts of the map for us.

Edited by anothercynicalbrit

Serious question here...

Were you on DayZ Experimental LA 0-1 or 2? And did this happen a day or two ago?

Because if so... I have a video of me killing a guy through the ATC door. We closed the door, and I saw a persons gun poking through it so I shot 3 or 4 rounds into the door. When we opened the door later there was a dead body there with a Red or Orange mountain backpack.

If this was you, I have footage of how it happened, though I wasn't the one who killed you through the staircase.

On a server restart the other day I spawned inside the Jail at NEAF and I could see through all the walls, even the guy in the top room looting it who I could have easily killed. I ran out and left him to it then logged off - kind of dampened my spirit to play,

• Like 1

Just like you can see through the staircase in third person at the bottom of the atc i believe you can poke your gun through i, Also there is another glitch where people can get insided the atc and can shoot 360 all around. There are so many glitches at the neaf it is not even worth going there anymore. Honestly on a full server me and my group ran to the west jail, to people under the floor, ran to the atc two people inside an unreachable place, ran to the east jail to people in the upstairs glitch, this game is getting so bad with glitches and sad people abusing them that it is starting ruin certain parts of the map for us.

He wasn't poking his gun through the staircase, he was behind it and had some distance, aiming at me, I came down the staircase and waited for about 1-2secs and he opened fire.

Only thing I can think of is maybe due to some lag or desync maybe a tiny bit of my arm or leg was visible on the edge of the stair case even through on my screen it wasn't, I was totally covered.

My only question is why he couldn't kill me right off the bat when he exited the upstairs room (if he was hacking) why did he run down like a p****. He spawned in the top floor room, and another guy ran up the stairs I shot him (probably his friend) and then I heard the spawn reloading sounds, so I looked at the door and saw him creeping out, maybe he was caught off guard.

I really wish I had fraps it lol.

Serious question here...

Were you on DayZ Experimental LA 0-1 or 2? And did this happen a day or two ago?

Because if so... I have a video of me killing a guy through the ATC door. We closed the door, and I saw a persons gun poking through it so I shot 3 or 4 rounds into the door. When we opened the door later there was a dead body there with a Red or Orange mountain backpack.

If this was you, I have footage of how it happened, though I wasn't the one who killed you through the staircase.

Nope wasn't me definately not on a Experimental server, and it was yesterday it happened. Guy shot me in the head as soon as I opened the doors, I even had 2 zombies on me, was sure that would cause some confusion in aiming but nope insta headshot ftw :D

It was this server:  DayZ US West - Trademark Gaming | Large Community + Teamspeak, Address: 173.199.84.146   Port: 2302

Edited by blazed

On a server restart the other day I spawned inside the Jail at NEAF and I could see through all the walls, even the guy in the top room looting it who I could have easily killed. I ran out and left him to it then logged off - kind of dampened my spirit to play,

This happens every time I join a server after logging out inside a building. I can see through the walls, and the loot is floating in space. Only lasts for a second or two, but it's a regular thing afaik.

This happens every time I join a server after logging out inside a building. I can see through the walls, and the loot is floating in space. Only lasts for a second or two, but it's a regular thing afaik.

I used to get that too for a couple of seconds, this time it lasted about 20 lol

Lag, your foot sticking through the floor, or possibly he did shoot you through the floor. In arma the weapons can penetrate walls and ricochet, Im not sure how much of that is in Dayz yet, but I know for sure you can shoot through most doors.